[Suggestion] A Living Guild Hall

As we have recently seen from the Sunspear Sanctum. It is possible for Dev to script new NPC's and Ambient creatures appear in an instance after certain quests have been completed. So I would like to suggest that this be rolled out into Guild Halls for a well overdue upgrade. So here are my suggestions:

1. The Ambient Collection - This could be done in a couple of ways. Firstly adding in Ambient creatures as decorations, or (and my preferred method) finding a certain item in the world and handing it in to a new NPC in the guild hall. For each 10 of said item that he is given he will spawn a new ambient creature in the guild hall in a pre-defined area (set out by the devs), with a seemingly endless supply. With the sheer volume of water in GH and LP there could be an insane amount of fish added. WH on the other hand would be a problem with that as there is very little swimming area's, so therefore the simple solution there would be instead of fish you get crabs and other amphibians. This would give a guild a whole new lease of life and would solve the problem of guild halls feeling like a barren wasteland.
  2. Quest NPC's - We could either unlock these NPC's as part of an upgrade or gain them through a special Guild Mission. Personally I think a new NPC station of "Quest Hunters" or something like that would be good. Each day you can go to the guild hall and pick up a unique quest from each NPC, such as go fetch me this item (account bound items), or go kill this Bounty. Much like the Zaishen quests in GW1. These quests could reward members with Guild Commendations, items to unlock new ambient creatures, random boss trophy items, basic decorations and other such things that only really benefit the guild.
  3. Random NPC's - Just your average NPC that has a walk route or a standing point that has conversations with other NPC's. These could be located in all manner of weird and wonderful places around the guild hall, perhaps even commenting on the area that they are in. Again this could be quest or upgrade driven.
  4. Reconstruction - Which guild halls are beautiful, they are still somewhat "broken", not bugged, i mean holes in the floor, pillars cracked and weathered away, vine overgrowth and such. It would be really cool if we could upgrade the hall again to have these things fixed, which could be done in stages of restoration ending with us restoring the guild hall to it's former glory of what it once was. The throne in each hall could glow more and more based on how much restoration has been done, said glow could give the guild members some kind of boost to take out into the world with them, perhaps the same boost that a hero banner gives, but it's potency or expiration time depends on how strong it is at the time of claiming.
  5. Defend the Hall Guild Mission - Adding a guild mission (even if it's just a new Challenge) to redo the guild claim mission, I think would be really fun. Or even just have an instance where you are bombarded by enemies (let's take GH as an example). So the Mordrem would come charging at your "Guild Throne" from all directions. You'd have the ability to place turrets to help defend the paths, which can be pre-defined construction area's or you could allow for random placement like in the infintorium. Either way you just have to hold the enemy back for 10-minutes to complete the mission.
  6. Reward Chest Deposits - it would be amazing if we could create our own chests. A decoration that you can craft and place in your hall as either a perk for guild members for being a part of the guild that they can loot once per day or as a reward for reaching the end of a jumping puzzle. We should have a separate NPC that is a "Reward Administrator" who your guild can hand items into; sigils, runes, gold, materials, Weapons... Pretty much anything you can put on the TP. From the pool of rewards that guild members donate the chest will give rewards based on some kind of algorithm. Either that or just have a guild upgrade that adds a chest to a predefined area where decorators have to make a JP for members to get to.

What do we think? Do you want to see more love given to Guilds and Guild Halls?

Great ideas you have there, I have no ideas if housing will come to live one day or not, but until that, guildhall are a sure value if they make them more living. We could have more upgrades like gardens, make disappearing ruins and boulders (speaking here as example for windswept heaven mine: remove boulders near rails and unlock the two caverns), populate your guild hall by choosing permit several groups on Npcs and decide where they should go. Every guild halls just feel living thanks to the very nice and generous and "rich" decorators that add some decos. (I made my home at the mine, and my "friends" are the miners but they don't speak that much... But the greatest issue is for me the guild hall design himself, especially for windswept. Why not adding more caverns and a giant underground cave under the center?Btw, here is the beautiful space I found under the sand of the gh:

FFNdQ51.jpg

• 11 months later...

Now this is a constructive thread. Love the ideas, and I'd definitely join in on trying to get these implemented if a dev would seriously consider it. As unlikely as it is, I always hold out hope someone from Anet is looking at promising ideas like these.

More stuff to do in Guild Halls would be awesome--anything to make them feel more unique to that specific guild, instead of being just like everyone else's (save what you can accomplish with Scribe work). It'd also be a great QOL addition.

• 11 months later...