Content updates for WvW?

AllNightPlayer.1286

I was wondering, if there will be any new contents being added for WvW.And I am not talking about the alliances system, whose maybe, maybe not release is turning into a perma-joke (like the swiss and on demand tournaments for the PvP). I am talking about real, new gameplay features—like new and/or overhauled WvW masteries, new mechanics for objectives, reworked, more simple guild missions (no more sentries; capture of a tower, keep) ect.Is there anything planed for the WvW?

And by the way, could you also bring EotM up to date? Gliding, claming, pips, synthesizers, guild missions—just to name a few things, which made it into WvW, but not EotM.

On a side note, what are those deployable mortars from? I've never seen them before, it has a different model from normal mortars, like a character, looks kind of goofy. I don't think it's any part of an engi kit or racial one but I could be wrong, just never seen it this whole time I've played. I checked wiki and the mortars mentioned there are not usable in wvw. Any ideas?

@AllNightPlayer.1286 said:And by the way, could you also bring EotM up to date? Gliding, claming, pips, synthesizers, guild missions—just to name a few things, which made it into WvW, but not EotM.

forget pips, that can stay in coregive us Box of WvW Supplies as reward in EotM and you will see hordes of players back in to farm for wxp

@Blocki.4931 said:

@borgs.6103 said:It's almost the end of the year. Was there any game-changing update to WvW in the year of our Lord, 2018? I'm trying to think of one and I'm honestly drawing a blank.

You're not trying very hard then.

We've had several big balance patches and a change to sieges (largely nerfs to ACs)

Balance patches don't really count, it affects every game mode. But you are right about the AC nerf. I totally forgot that, thanks for reminding me. Was it a game-changer? Do people build less or more ACs? I usually just roam or zerg fight, so I'm clueless in that regard.

@borgs.6103 said:

@borgs.6103 said:It's almost the end of the year. Was there any game-changing update to WvW in the year of our Lord, 2018? I'm trying to think of one and I'm honestly drawing a blank.

You're not trying very hard then.

We've had several big balance patches and a change to sieges (largely nerfs to ACs)

Balance patches don't really count, it affects every game mode. But you are right about the AC nerf. I totally forgot that, thanks for reminding me. Was it a game-changer? Do people build less or more ACs? I usually just roam or zerg fight, so I'm clueless in that regard.

all the players do is build more ac's so 2018 was a dud for wvw updates

@crepuscular.9047 said:

@AllNightPlayer.1286 said:And by the way, could you also
bring EotM up to date
? Gliding, claming, pips, synthesizers, guild missions—just to name a few things, which made it into WvW, but not EotM.

forget pips, that can stay in coregive us Box of WvW Supplies as reward in EotM and you will see hordes of players back in to farm for wxp

Which begs the question, why are we activly trying to kill WvW by spreading out the already thin population to EoTM?

Archived