soulbeast worldly impact broken

EthanLightheart.9168

No...it's you who run around with a zerker amulet and 25 stack of vulnerability on him , who failed to see a ranger with 25 stacks of might and all dmg modifiers under the sun running towards him.

Cheesy? Yes...Broken? No...or really not less broken that all other crap running around in GW2 pvp atm because for certain you're not a tanky spec ..or maybe it could be because personally I got hiw by 9k DJ despite all the toughness on me, seen also core guard bursts...power mirage literally 2 shotting people....power reaper massive spike and ofc holosmith

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:Worldly Impact can hit hard, but it got nerfed and its damage is now roughly equivalent to Maul (GS2):

Wordly Impact: 503 (1.89)Maul: 706 (1.75)

Soulbeast has access to quite a lot of damage modifiers, which is why it can hit so hard.

Without those dmg modifiers, yeah the dmg is overall quite pitiful, like 4-5k dmg while using zerker amulet and power runes so yeah..any further nerf to the skill themselves and you really must trash the soulbeast melding skills.

Ideally anet should reduce the amount of dmg modifiers on ranger but we all know they will instead nerf the dmg of skills themselves , making the dmg modifier traits mandatory in the end to do any sort of dmg at all...forget 14k hits there

The build encountered by the OP use markanship with remorseless , now if we try to add all dmg modifiers......

1) Remorseless = 25% + on fury gained2)Precise strike (minor ) = +100% crit on first hit3) Twice as vicious (minor) = +5% dmg on disable for 4s4) Furious strength (minor) = +7% dmg with fury5) Farsighted (major) = +5% upclose6) Oppressive superiority ( grandmaster) = +10% [but need higher HP than target]7) Sic'em (utility) = +40%

Yeah...that's a lot of dmg modifier and with that you can reach easily 12k+ with no might , just melded with ferocious pet + zerker amulet and power runes, yes they should reduce the numbers a bit in line with current HP of all classes and ofc the same hard line nerf must be applied to other outliers like power mirage - deadeye -holosmith -core guardian with radiance and power reapers...I really hope they all get nerfed, I do main ranger but you won't see me as a biased as the rest

@"Liewec.2896" said:Glasscannon Soulbeast in general is hilariously strong right now,it isn't just Worldly Impact (which you can get hitting waaaay over 14k)my new favourite is stunning and critting people with 2 x 17k mauls from stealth XDk8nSj3I.gif6iS57OL.gif

In both cases you're still facing two glass spec a valkrye guardian and rifle deadeye, that should be taken in consideration

@"Liewec.2896" said:Glasscannon Soulbeast in general is hilariously strong right now,it isn't just Worldly Impact (which you can get hitting waaaay over 14k)my new favourite is stunning and critting people with 2 x 17k mauls from stealth XDk8nSj3I.gif6iS57OL.gif

Not sure what's worse. That or the one-shot churning earth. Both get you chased by the entire team the rest of the match, though.

I don't quite know what Anet's plans are for Rangers in terms of this. You either use these skills natively and get rather underwhelming damage compared to what other classes can do, or you stack damage modifiers to create damage outputs that don't seem intended at all. They nerfed Worldly Impact damage and now it's not really worth it on its own, so you have to load up on modifiers to make it broken instead. Super weird.

@Simonoly.4352 said:I don't quite know what Anet's plans are for Rangers in terms of this. You either use these skills natively and get rather underwhelming damage compared to what other classes can do, or you stack damage modifiers to create damage outputs that don't seem intended at all. They nerfed Worldly Impact damage and now it's not really worth it on its own, so you have to load up on modifiers to make it broken instead. Super weird.

That's how anet works...the least possible effort is always the best way .They could simply impose a limiti to the power damage range applied by dmg modifiers, something like max 40% of your total dmg regardless of how many traits you stack..but no..anet simply nerf number until the complaints stop showing up on the forum, they basically balance the game using an excel sheet .

I predict core ranger nerfs in dmg and sustain first then dmg and sustain nerfs to soulbeast before 3rd expansion which will introduce something else broken

@OddFinrir.6801 said:

@"Liewec.2896" said:Glasscannon Soulbeast in general is hilariously strong right now,it isn't just Worldly Impact (which you can get hitting waaaay over 14k)my new favourite is stunning and critting people with 2 x 17k mauls from stealth XD
k8nSj3I.gif6iS57OL.gif

Not sure what's worse. That or the one-shot churning earth. Both get you chased by the entire team the rest of the match, though.

Wait, how Can you one-shot someone with churniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing earth?

@MyPuppy.8970 said:

@"Liewec.2896" said:Glasscannon Soulbeast in general is hilariously strong right now,it isn't just Worldly Impact (which you can get hitting waaaay over 14k)my new favourite is stunning and critting people with 2 x 17k mauls from stealth XD
k8nSj3I.gif6iS57OL.gif

Wait, how Can you one-shot someone with churniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing earth?

Same way, stack arcane damage modifiers. Lightning flash while casting

On WI, I got hit for 36k the other day with a demolishers ammy on

Warrior Axe burst = 12-14k on a regular basis with a viable all-around buildThief dagger = 12-20+k burst on a regular basis with a viable all-around buildGuardian Hammer = 9-15k burst on a regular basis (core stronk)Revenant sword 4 = about 10-17k on a regular basis, hammer 2.3 = about 14-21k on 5sec cd in a zerg..Yolosmith = anything in Yolomode deals alot.. not 17k on its own though..Ranger = got hit by a Winters Bite for 19.8k dmg a few weeks ago, totally 1shot.Reaper = very niché, but can as u all already know hit 5 targets for like 20k dmg during a few seconds with all whirly stuff.Mesmer = a well placed combo hits for 19k+ dmg on anything.Elementalist = firedagger 5 BOOM 15-20k, dont get me started on churning earth... though more niché than the other specs..

Most professions can do it, but i think rangers got a slight advantage due to having a very solid heal, good at both range with LB and melee while also having good defense overall compared to other glasscannons (except maybe deadeyes, stealth is probably better....)Im totally fine with rangers, but IMO they got a bit too much "useful" defense for glasscannons.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@MyPuppy.8970 said:I'm not confident a glass ele hitting 20k with offhand dagger could survive long enough to even reach a node...

You play like a thief... +1 a fight and instagib everyone who was busy fighting then run away and hope the Arcane Shield will be enough to escape because downed skills are deadly lol

Lol sounds fun. Not sure if one can be more trolly than that.

Archived