Suns Refuge Easter Egg? - Heard a Helicopter.

DietPepsi.4371

Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this? I wasn't recording at the time, but I heard a rift open up over the Suns Refuge, and a sound played that sounded distinctly like a turboshaft engine helicopter (such as a Eurocopter or AH-64) fly overhead, and promptly re-enter a rift. It was different to the sound that GW2 Helos typically make (The recognisable slow rhythmic beat, with no accompanying turboshaft sound). If it was indeed a turboshaft helo, I'd assume it's reference to the Commandos april fools easter egg that can happen elsewhere in Jahai.The NPCs in the immediate vicinity reacted to it also.ntdjqIC.png

I must note that I had my headset around my neck at the time, so it is very possible I only heard half the sound effect, making it sound like a helo, when it may not have been.

I was quite disappointed Sun's Refuge doesn't have any sort of daily nodes to gather from. I thought it was going to be the Home Instance version 2.0 - but sadly, not. If there were any helicopter sounds, it'll probably just be some audio effect, or perhaps a helicopter that comes and goes, but doesn't actually do or reward you with anything :-/

Archived