Opinion on Blood Magic Power Scourge - WvW

Turkeyspit.3965

Interested in what the community things about running Blood Magic over Spite in your basic Meta WvW build (http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Scourge_-_Power_Scourge), though unlike the Meta build I'm running BM 2-3-1, because Transfusion can backfire and create 5 rallybots, and the extra run speed helps when not getting swiftness.

I run in pug zergs, but on my server those are pretty well organized and led: meta builds, good group composition, etc, and I thought I would give Blood Magic a try to offer more support.

On paper dropping Spite is a significant DPS loss, but I can't tell how good Blood Magic is? Running Mara gear, is the healing from Vampiric, Vampiric Presence and Wells, worth the loss in damage?

People's first answer would be "ask the commander", but I run with 4-5 different pugmanders, so the squad comp is all over the place on any given day. I just can't do the napkin math on this and I'm concerned I'm wasting damage potential for a negligible support contribution.

BONUS question: as I'm still new to Scourge in WvW, how do you deal with the lack of run speed? Running Quickening Thirst gave me a noticeable boost, but if I were to switch back to Spite, what then? Do I just have to deal with being a Necslowmancer?

The blood wells cd trait is okay, but not as effective in a zerg compared to raw damage. Zerging is all about spike damage, so losing that power/%damage stops you from generating downs as effectively.

If you are going to run blood, 1/3/1 is better as it allows you to quickly res someone who's downed. It also lets you take well of blood over consume conditions, which can be nice.

For run speed, swap a utility to spectral walk out of combat and trigger it twice. Then swap back to the combat utility skill you like. The 30s of swiftness+2x trail of anguish let's you keep up swiftness 100% of the time out of combat when getting back to your zerg. Make sure you place your shade before you cast the skills, as it gives +15% boon duration while up

Being able to provide condi pressure and barrier sustain without being too easy to down is the priority. Obviously, focusing on barriers and heals gives up some offense but positioning in the zerg and building LF is critical.

I consider LF management more important than anything for support-Scourge. If you are not actively using shades, marks, and wells, you may not be seeing the full potential of your build.

The health threshold on QT can be a problem so you might try slotting a utility.

@Anchoku.8142 said:Being able to provide condi pressure and barrier sustain without being too easy to down is the priority. Obviously, focusing on barriers and heals gives up some offense but positioning in the zerg and building LF is critical.

I consider LF management more important than anything for support-Scourge. If you are not actively using shades, marks, and wells, you may not be seeing the full potential of your build.

The health threshold on QT can be a problem so you might try slotting a utility.

Read the title?

@"Turkeyspit.3965" said:Interested in what the community things about running Blood Magic over Spite in your basic Meta WvW build (http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Scourge_-_Power_Scourge), though unlike the Meta build I'm running BM 2-3-1, because Transfusion can backfire and create 5 rallybots, and the extra run speed helps when not getting swiftness.

I run in pug zergs, but on my server those are pretty well organized and led: meta builds, good group composition, etc, and I thought I would give Blood Magic a try to offer more support.

On paper dropping Spite is a significant DPS loss, but I can't tell how good Blood Magic is? Running Mara gear, is the healing from Vampiric, Vampiric Presence and Wells, worth the loss in damage?

People's first answer would be "ask the commander", but I run with 4-5 different pugmanders, so the squad comp is all over the place on any given day. I just can't do the napkin math on this and I'm concerned I'm wasting damage potential for a negligible support contribution.

BONUS question: as I'm still new to Scourge in WvW, how do you deal with the lack of run speed? Running Quickening Thirst gave me a noticeable boost, but if I were to switch back to Spite, what then? Do I just have to deal with being a Necslowmancer?

You'll always be necslowmancer. Because necro has high hp. (Doesn't make sense I know)For the exact same reason necro is also not allowed to have good defenses.Because right now, people will onehit you. And high hp prevents onehits (Hope your device doesn't get wet. It's dripping from sarcasm)

If you are not getting enough swiftness, blame the guards and revs in your zerg.

But to your question. I don't like running with bloodmagic. I also dislike power scourge right now.It has awesome spike. With bloodmagic you will loose a lot of power from loosing awaken the pain.

And power scourge is all about having a good spike damage.While bloodmagic doesn't give you that. It just makes CDs of wells lower, which isn't needed.

Hybrid scourge can still do good spikes while having way better sustained damage.

But let's see. Today's patchday. Will something change?

Archived