Missplaced rank placement

TheArtOfMouts.7468

I'm late .. but I have found a bit of free time (atm) to create this post.Last season, I ended with an Effective Rating of : 1557 , without being in the top 250.But, the Ranked 250 is at 1547 !Seem there is some kind if glitch there.This is not that I really miss the associated reward, but i'm curious to know how this can happen.

https://imgur.com/a/ECFt9iA

The matches requirement vastly depends on how many matches top 250 do. So you'll have to meet average to be on board with them. Otherwise you're not qualified.Anet changed it awhile ago cuz we as players demanded it. Since first few seasons getting duo q, peeps on top 10 played like less than 10 matches at the very end of the season and can still top people. While others played like 200-300 matches or more. So yeah.Scroll over to friends and guilds tab, it should always let you know the match requirement, if any. Good luck this season, mate o/

I’ve seen this before and was answered by Anet. Goes as follows:

when ever you finish a match, the server looks at your rank to determine if you’re high enough to enter top 250. However it seems it does not do the same to test if you’re supposed to drop out of it.

So you were not in top 250, then that guy lost a match. But the server never tried to check if you’re eligible for top 250, because you did not play a match since.

@BeLZedaR.4790 said:I’ve seen this before and was answered by Anet. Goes as follows:

when ever you finish a match, the server looks at your rank to determine if you’re high enough to enter top 250. However it seems it does not do the same to test if you’re supposed to drop out of it.

So you were not in top 250, then that guy lost a match. But the server never tried to check if you’re eligible for top 250, because you did not play a match since.

Wow that a fishy design !Thanks for the info.

I can get why you might be excited about being top 250, but I really wouldn't worry about it. seasons reset so often anyway. and most people don't find it particularly cool to be top 250. the small population shows the huge gap between top 250 and even top 100. even between top 100 and 25 is a big difference.

@bigo.9037 said:I can get why you might be excited about being top 250, but I really wouldn't worry about it. seasons reset so often anyway. and most people don't find it particularly cool to be top 250. the small population shows the huge gap between top 250 and even top 100. even between top 100 and 25 is a big difference.

Well, Not really excited. I already have my 'Top 250' title from a previous season & I don't need anything more higher.But, I'm surprised about this design oversights !

Archived