Endurance, Mirages and Deadeyes — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Endurance, Mirages and Deadeyes

Mirage and Deadeye unique dodge mechanic benefits too much from endurance boosts like food and Energy sigil

Mirage ability to Stunbreak,remove conditions and gain superspeed and invulnerability on top of insane damage while performing actions is too overpower.
Deadeyes permastealth offers little to no counterplay, since they can remove reveal.

Do you think Mirages and Deadeyes are on pair with other classes ?
If not, how Anet should fix this ?

<1

Comments

  • Superspeed is there so you can cover the distance of a normal dodge. Stun break and condi cleanse on dodge are part of EM which is now a trash tier trait.
    As for the food and sigils meh whatever.

  • MUDse.7623MUDse.7623 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 13, 2018

    i dunno holo and warrior deal decent damage on dodge, ranger gains protection wich also will heal the ranger. guardian gets large aoe heal.
    id say just 3 professions have rather weak on dodge skills: ele, rev, necro.
    maybe with the next expansion they will get better options to utilize the endurance resource.
    but either way its a resource spent, giving incentive to spent it for something else than avoiding incoming hits is a good thing.

    altho in DEs case (my main) i wouldnt mind to have an F3 to use that endurance -> stealth conversation. because giving that for example a 1/4s casttime would make it interruptable but it also would be faster for the deadeye to enter stealth and leave it again, he also wouldnt need to leave his position wich is an issue when you want to shoot from a 'sniping spot'. so then deadeye would need to choose to use endurance for a dodge or for stealth.

    read this, become a better player now.

  • Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 13, 2018

    @Zero.3871 said:
    General nerfs?
    1.) nerf bowl of orrian truffle and meat stew to "20% Endurance reg increase".
    2.) nerf sigil of Energy to 25 % Energy gain (pvp Version)
    3.) nerf rune of adventurer to 25 % Energy gain.

    Problem of DE are NOT the evade Frames, its the invis uptime. there are only Daredevils on perma dodge builds.

    to daredevils:

    increase initiative Costs of vault to 8 -> a skill that hits for 10k+ dmg while dodging should not be on a ~ 4-5 sec cd with normal initiative reg of thief.
    nerf "hard to catch"-trait (an automatic defense proc) to 60 seconds cooldown.

    to Mirage:

    nerf Mirage cloak to not usable while cc'd.

    dood. why would you nerf them indirectly when you can nerf them directly? the food, sigil, and rune nerf is what im talking about.

  • Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 13, 2018

    Guardian, warrior, engineer, elementalist, revenant, necromancer and ranger, those are the classes I've seen where skilled people on good builds are capable of fighting mesmers and thieves. And they usually run endurance food and double energy sigils.

  • Widmo.3186Widmo.3186 Member ✭✭✭

    Deadeye - > Change stealth on dodge
    Mirage - > Rework of GM Trait (?)
    Sigil is imo fine, change the food with enudrance regeneration, nerf it or rework.
    Speaking of Staff DD, few lads started abusing it lately, ANet might consider changing vault stats, but I'm not convinced about that.

    Dont mind me, I just randomly spam 35 skill-buttons

  • Just nerf the Dodge food. Atm i use it on all chars becouse of how much it gives

  • Turk.5460Turk.5460 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Holosmith is another offender to OP's gripe. WvW Endurance gains allow Holo to stay in PF for far too long.

    @Safandula.8723 said:
    Just nerf the Dodge food. Atm i use it on all chars becouse of how much it gives

    A change to Energy Sigil would be much more effective, such as instead of flat endurance replenishment, it gives something like vigor for 5s. Here's hoping!

    Fort Aspenwood
    Jekkies

  • KrHome.1920KrHome.1920 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 13, 2018

    @Zero.3871 said:
    to Mirage:

    nerf Mirage cloak to not usable while cc'd.

    This is what ANet should have done right in their first balance patch after PoF release. It sums up all the mirage brokeness.

    That exhausted nerf was kitten. Yeah great you can force him to reset a few seconds faster because he has one less dodge but you still can't kill him. ANet still does not understand that the absence of a reward (because your opponent just resets over and over again) for a good performance will frustrate players and create a toxic community. On top of that the nerf misses the point as mirage cloack makes stunbreak obsolete. You just don't need one when you can dodge while being stunned.

  • KryTiKaL.3125KryTiKaL.3125 Member ✭✭✭

    Nerfing the food buff and the sigils aren't going to remedy the problem, it isn't even really specifically their dodges that are the root of the problem, at least not for DE. It is that they have so much else on top of them. You're going to literally hurt many, many, other classes if you nerf down that food. You need to keep that in mind.

    DE can clear revealed with its Elite skill which effectively eliminates one of the few ways to even keep them from permastealthing, it is an unneeded effect on an elite skill with 2 charges combined with the rest of the stealth they get from other skills. Nerfing their endurance regen won't rectify this issue by "making them dodge less" it in fact won't do anything to change it. They need to remove the Revealed cleanse on the DE elite skill because its entirely unnecessary and trim down the stealth durations that their abilities give so that they have a harder time in actually maintaining stealth. They also need to make Death's Judgment blockable again because it being Unblockable was completely and utterly unnecessary. As for fixing the problems with Malicious Backstab, I think they need to give it a similar cast time to Death's Judgment because as it functions right now with it just being instant, right out of stealth with nothing to do to prepare for it makes it far, far too much with how much stealth DE has.

    Mirage can essentially just chain evasions and kite constantly, they have some of the best mobility in the game which makes all of their evades all the more troublesome seeing as how they can just basically teleport out of a fight, reset and come back. Blurred Frenzy 10 second CD, Illusionary Riposte 15 second CD, False Oasis creates a Mirror that you can shatter for Mirage Cloak 25 second CD, Sand Through Glass evade and stun break while also creating a Mirror for Mirage Cloak 25 second CD. Mirage Cloak tbh should have an internal cooldown I think...its just silly strong right now with how much of it a Mirage can get access to on top of several other evades and their mobility. I get it, Mesmer can be squishy but as it stands right now the amount of evades this spec has are ridiculous. Beatable? Sure. Annoying? 100%. Makes the class much less fun to fight? Absolutely.

    DE falls into the same category. Every time I see either a Mirage (hell just Mesmer in general right now) or a DE I just think to myself "Oh great, either this fight will last forever or they will just run away. sigh" Honestly the same goes for Druid right now but that is a different discussion for a different topic. This stuff is just not fun in PvP and it is almost assuredly because Anet chooses to test these balance changes they do, these reworks, within their own development team instead of testing it within the actual community for this game. Which means every time we get a balance patch we have to sit for MONTHS with something that gets broken completely only to wait until the next one which just makes something else broken, and some things they just made worse like DE and Mirage with their reworks that just significantly lowered the skill entry for Mesmer and made DE even worse than it already was.

    Point being, the solution isn't to nerf some outlying factor here, the solution is for Anet to either revert the reworks they did to DE and Mirage or nerf more meaningful things in these Elite specs because the bandaids they apply elsewhere do not help ever. Scourge is still relatively silly, FB still making groups immortal, DE continued to permastealth and melt people, Mirage got worse with the phantasms and illusions rework, Soulbeast can still set up one shots, Spellbreaker is still a crutch for less mechanically adept Warrior players in group fights, Holosmith still has too much sustain for how much damage it puts out, Weaver can still never die in 1v1 situations though admittedly its more complicated to play than some other things even if it just has more buttons that need to be pressed to pull it off, and Renegade has always been and is still kitten. Then there are things they way overtuned, like the unkillable Druids in 1v1 right now, Heralds and sword/sword being really silly that even some of the known Rev players have attested to, I'd say Reaper but...honestly...that spec needed the boost it got and I really can't hate on it because it finally isn't kitten and I'm happy about that. I didn't like nearly any Reaper ever essentially being a free kill, a fight actually happens now and thats fun. Fun. Key word. Fun. Not a chore like Mirage, DE and Druid right now.

  • Curunen.8729Curunen.8729 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 13, 2018

    @FaboBabo.3581 said:
    What stunbreak on Dodge ?
    U mean loose endurance regen for 6 seconds on dodge ? :D

    Sometimes accidently if insta dazed with lag.

    (edit, for clarity, I agree with you)

    Never dodge while dazed (EM handicap) | My ears, how are you! | Kourna Jackrabbit for default Springer

  • FaboBabo.3581FaboBabo.3581 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 13, 2018

    @KrHome.1920 said:

    @FaboBabo.3581 said:
    Ok just to clarify.
    Not a Single mirage i know plays EM.
    Why Would anyone? anyone who Plays EM still or anyone who Thinks we play EM is delusional.

    Anyone who Talks about the Insane ammount of Mirrors is delusional.

    Everyone who Thinks mirage has more endurance regen then any other class is delusional.

    Warrior/thief/Hunter etc ...

    What Game do u play guys?

    Mirage has a 33% higher dodge uptime than any other class.

    Dodge Roll: 0,75s - no skill activation, except instant casts available (which are ironically the most frequent to find on mesmer)
    Mirage Cloak: 1s - full fight capability

    Multiply that with: Endurance Food, Endurance Sigil, Endurance Rune and you get an absurd amount of evasion uptime compared to other specs while being able to burst, kite, reset, heal, stomp.

    As usually mirage players don't know their own spec... that happens when you play broken stuff for too long - you begin to think it's your skill level that lets you win matchups.

    Oh sorry didnt knew that endurance food , sigil and adventure runes are forbidden on other classes, which have REALLY perma vigor, or endurance gain on might, or increased vigor effectiveness.

    The extended dodge time on MC itself is the mechanic of the whole e-spec.

    Am I mad becaue Ele has 10 weapon skills more then any other class?
    Am i mad because Necros have a second Lifebar?
    Am i mad because Rev's have double the Utilitys that other classes have?

    Every class has its own features.

    Mirage since Day 1 - It got better!

  • Fat Disgrace.4275Fat Disgrace.4275 Member ✭✭✭✭

    yes but mirage is not allowed to have their own feature

  • @KrHome.1920 said:

    @Zero.3871 said:
    to Mirage:

    nerf Mirage cloak to not usable while cc'd.

    This is what ANet should have done right in their first balance patch after PoF release. It sums up all the mirage brokeness.

    You sure? Because first it was confusion who should only tick in skill activation. - Confusion got nerfed.
    Then it was vigor who made evade spam possible - Vigor was nerfed.
    Then it was EM - EM got smiter's booned.
    Now it is mirage cloak. Next will be IH.

    @KrHome.1920 said:

    @FaboBabo.3581 said:
    Ok just to clarify.
    Not a Single mirage i know plays EM.
    Why Would anyone? anyone who Plays EM still or anyone who Thinks we play EM is delusional.

    Anyone who Talks about the Insane ammount of Mirrors is delusional.

    Everyone who Thinks mirage has more endurance regen then any other class is delusional.

    Warrior/thief/Hunter etc ...

    What Game do u play guys?

    Mirage has a 33% higher dodge uptime than any other class.

    Dodge Roll: 0,75s - no skill activation, except instant casts available (which are ironically the most frequent to find on mesmer)
    Mirage Cloak: 1s - full fight capability

    Multiply that with: Endurance Food, Endurance Sigil, Endurance Rune and you get an absurd amount of evasion uptime compared to other specs while being able to burst, kite, reset, heal, stomp.

    As usually mirage players don't know their own spec... that happens when you play broken stuff for too long - you begin to think it's your skill level that lets you win matchups.

    As usual non-mirage players talk without knowing what's up. Mirage used to have 0.75 dodge too, it was so awful than a normal dodge was better.
    With the vigor nerf other professions have more evade uptime then mirage.

  • apharma.3741apharma.3741 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Meanwhile holo has perma vigor and adrenal implant giving them 1 dodge every 6s or so, ranger likewise has perma vigor and a similar trait. Did I mention magebane warriors with might makes right? Rev regains 1/2 dodge from Riposting Shadows.

    There's only necro, and mesmer that have no bonus endurance regen outside of runes, sigils, food and vigor. Necro doesn't even get vigor. Guard and ele have some....lacking traits for it so I'd not count them. What's worse is that the holo, ranger, war and rev all have plenty of low cool down active defences ontop of being able to heavily cheese dodges if they want with some pretty sick regen too.

    @MUDse.7623 ele has always had a decent on dodge trait with evasive arcana

    I stand with Mo.

  • Klypto.1703Klypto.1703 Member ✭✭✭

    Yep all the whiners about deadeye just got a mobile watch tower to further degrade wvw and is why no one ever really goes for t3 north towers anymore.

  • @KrHome.1920 said:

    @Lincolnbeard.1735 said:
    As usual non-mirage players talk without knowing what's up. Mirage used to have 0.75 dodge too, it was so awful than a normal dodge was better.
    With the vigor nerf other professions have more evade uptime then mirage.

    Please L2P.

    I roam with mirage players that are untouchable in WvW. And so are the few good ones we run into.

    This spec knows only two limitations when fully buffed by all endurance granting stuff: overextending and lack of skill.

    L2p - good argument there.

    I roam too but not with mirage friends, playing mirage myself and guess what, most of the times the opponents one finds in wvw are potatos or people who have no clue how to play without a zerg behind them.
    If you go by that, even ele needs a nerf.

    Runes, sigils and food, the thing everyone has access too, already said above: meh, you can nerf em all you want. Food isn't needed at all, there are better runes out there and no sigil of endurance means a damage sigil instead of it, more burst more qq.

  • Straegen.2938Straegen.2938 Member ✭✭✭

    They can have the thief dodges when they nerf the hell out of boons... seriously try to take down a boon spam Holosmith, Tempest, Druid, Firebrand and then complain about thief dodges.

  • @MUDse.7623 said:
    i dunno holo and warrior deal decent damage on dodge, ranger gains protection wich also will heal the ranger. guardian gets large aoe heal.
    id say just 3 professions have rather weak on dodge skills: ele, rev, necro.

    Weavers generally run arcane spec, and evasive arcana means condi clear on dodge in water, and blast finisher on dodge in earth. It's a pretty strong trait.

  • spectrito.8513spectrito.8513 Member ✭✭
    edited November 15, 2018

    @FaboBabo.3581 said:

    Every class has its own features.

    Yeah, but a Weaver for example, if you make a mistake you are dead.

    But as a Mirage, if you make a mistake you can just press dodge.
    Mirage is WAY too forgiving by a average (potato) player
    and WAY too strong by a skilled player

    "Oh but EM sucks now"
    In my opnion it's still a good trait for new players.
    You only get caught in a hard CC if you're bad/new

    Experienced players dont need EM as long as they can dodge before the CC
    IH was always a better trait for damage
    Endurance boosts just allow Mirage to do EVEN MORE damage while invulnerable.

    A nerf to endurance boosts like Adventure's rune, Energy sigil and food would be a direct nerf to Mirages and Deadeyes ability to spam dodges.
    Forcing them to chose more wisely when to dodge

    edit: word

  • Honestly deadeye permastealth is a non issue since the patch, just bait them near a friendly sentry or paint them with the new trick and watch them waste all their shadow melds while they're marked. That build cannot function without stealth due to the way valk and hidden killer work, and if they're zerk and you struggle to kill it when it's hit with a 6s reveal every time it dodges or uses it's profession mechanic I don't know what else to tell you. Yeah, encroaching on their territory is dangerous, but it is equally dangerous for them to encroach on yours now so honestly it's pretty fair.

    Mirage dodges are pure BS, but that's because getting evade frames without an animation is inherently OP. Same as using shatters to burst when stunned tho, mesmer has had access to that sort of stuff for a while. Changing the endurance regen foods etc won't help, with the mobility and spike damage they have they don't have to stick around so it just means they bug out that much sooner if the burst fails. OP mechanic is OP by design.

    Critical Kit, Deadeye.

  • @Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

    Mirage dodges are pure BS, but that's because getting evade frames without an animation is inherently OP. Same as using shatters to burst when stunned tho, mesmer has had access to that sort of stuff for a while. Changing the endurance regen foods etc won't help, with the mobility and spike damage they have they don't have to stick around so it just means they bug out that much sooner if the burst fails. OP mechanic is OP by design.

    A nerf to endurances boosts means less dodges, less dodges means less ambush attacks,less ambush attacks means less mobility and damage from ambush attacks.

    Overall it's a nerf to it's OP mechanic

  • apharma.3741apharma.3741 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 14, 2018

    @spectrito.8513 said:

    @FaboBabo.3581 said:

    Every class has its own features.

    Yeah, but a Weaver for example, if you make a mistake you are dead.

    But as a Mirage, if you make a mistake you can just press dodge.
    Mirage is WAY too forgiving by a average (potato) player
    and WAY too strong by a skilled player

    "Oh but EM sucks now"
    In my opnion it's still a good trait for new players.
    You only get caught in a hard CC if you're bad/new

    Experienced players dont need EM as long as they can dodge before the CC
    IH was always a better trait for damage
    Endurance boosts just allow Mirage to do EVEN MORE damage while invulnerable.

    A nerf to endurance boosts like Adventure's rune, Energy sigil and food would be a direct nerf to Mirages and Deadeyes to spam dodges.
    Forcing them to chose more wisely when to dodge

    That works great till you realise they gutted mesmer vigor access in the last balance patch and ambush skills are locked behind dodges.

    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Critical_Infusion
    August 28, 2018 - The vigor duration of this trait has been reduced from 5 seconds to 3 seconds in PvP and WvW

    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Nomad's_Endurance
    August 28, 2018 - The vigor duration of this trait has been reduced from 3 seconds to 1.5 seconds in PvP and WvW.

    So now vigor access on core mesmer is terrible if not possibly one of the worst of all classes currently and I don't know if you've been playing a lot of core mesmer but it sucks, it really sucks. Mirage can just about keep up high vigor uptime if they can get off 2-3 clone shatters most of the time and take duelling trait line with precision for crits but you're really hitting that fine line between playable and falling apart.

    However classes like holo, ranger, ele, thief have perma vigor that is quite easy for them to get through one way or another. Some classes have flat endurance regeneration in traits or skills, engineer, ranger, daredevil, warrior, revenant on shiro and that weird tempest trait that no-one ever runs.

    Sure if you're a necro player you might have grounds to complain but then you'd also not want these runes and sigils removing because it makes your life a lot worse.

    I stand with Mo.

  • @spectrito.8513 said:

    @Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

    Mirage dodges are pure BS, but that's because getting evade frames without an animation is inherently OP. Same as using shatters to burst when stunned tho, mesmer has had access to that sort of stuff for a while. Changing the endurance regen foods etc won't help, with the mobility and spike damage they have they don't have to stick around so it just means they bug out that much sooner if the burst fails. OP mechanic is OP by design.

    A nerf to endurances boosts means less dodges, less dodges means less ambush attacks,less ambush attacks means less mobility and damage from ambush attacks.

    Overall it's a nerf to it's OP mechanic

    >

    Maybe, I don't have a problem with nerfing endurance regen stuff btw, I'm just skeptical about how effective it will be is all. I guess the only real solution is try it and see how it pans out.

    Critical Kit, Deadeye.

  • @apharma.3741 said:

    So now vigor access on core mesmer is terrible if not possibly one of the worst of all classes currently and I don't know if you've been playing a lot of core mesmer but it sucks, it really sucks.

    Well, Anet's fault.
    As a Ele player i really feel you.

    Anet way to balance often hurts core classes instead of nerfing elite specs. I cant talk for everyone but i don't agree with it and i dont think it's the way to go
    I would dare to say it's one of the main reason why people complain so much about it

  • @Straegen.2938 said:
    They can have the thief dodges when they nerf the hell out of boons... seriously try to take down a boon spam Holosmith, Tempest, Druid, Firebrand and then complain about thief dodges.

    It's WvW, people tends to play tougher builds in order to survive on zergs
    You can't expect to one shot minstrel FB's

  • LetoII.3782LetoII.3782 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @spectrito.8513 said:

    @Straegen.2938 said:
    They can have the thief dodges when they nerf the hell out of boons... seriously try to take down a boon spam Holosmith, Tempest, Druid, Firebrand and then complain about thief dodges.

    It's WvW, people tends to play tougher builds in order to survive on zergs
    You can't expect to one shot minstrel FB's

    Not to mention a minstrels FB has zero chance of killing you back.

    [HUNT] the predatory instinct

  • Klypto.1703Klypto.1703 Member ✭✭✭

    @spectrito.8513 said:

    @Straegen.2938 said:
    They can have the thief dodges when they nerf the hell out of boons... seriously try to take down a boon spam Holosmith, Tempest, Druid, Firebrand and then complain about thief dodges.

    It's WvW, people tends to play tougher builds in order to survive on zergs
    You can't expect to one shot minstrel FB's

    What is worse is that anet is listening to these bad players who depend on tags, zergs, necro traits/broken condi's and then complain if someone counter plays them. So anet just destroys the stealth aspect that is core parts of mesmer and thief but more so thief and pretty much the entire spec of deadeye. Which what I don't get is you come out with deadeye then completely redo the whole spec just to kill it with this nerf. I guess they want thieves and revs to be pve only classes now.

  • 'destroy' thieves? really? thieves complaining? about what? that they can't camp perma stealth and take out people without fear of reataliation?

  • apharma.3741apharma.3741 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Klypto.1703 said:

    @spectrito.8513 said:

    @Straegen.2938 said:
    They can have the thief dodges when they nerf the hell out of boons... seriously try to take down a boon spam Holosmith, Tempest, Druid, Firebrand and then complain about thief dodges.

    It's WvW, people tends to play tougher builds in order to survive on zergs
    You can't expect to one shot minstrel FB's

    What is worse is that anet is listening to these bad players who depend on tags, zergs, necro traits/broken condi's and then complain if someone counter plays them. So anet just destroys the stealth aspect that is core parts of mesmer and thief but more so thief and pretty much the entire spec of deadeye. Which what I don't get is you come out with deadeye then completely redo the whole spec just to kill it with this nerf. I guess they want thieves and revs to be pve only classes now.

    Yeah this is something I don't think people have really cottoned onto yet. The marked change completely cripples anything that has relied on stealth to avoid damage and re position. If you don't like fighting things with stealth just lure them to anything that will mark them or lay a mark trap. Whenever they go into stealth they will have it limited to 2s and be slapped with 5s reveal and you can't remove marked at all so for those classes it's like fighting with 1 hand tied behind your back. To be clear to other people reading this, I'm not referring to builds with 10-infinite stealth, I mean builds that might have two 3-4s stealth abilities on 30s CDs.

    "but but mobility, stealth, DAMAGE!!!1" - yeah that's very 2017, this is 2018 and we have PoF power creep where everything does insane damage without taking damage traits, half the classes have tons of stealth if they want it and mobility is only a complaint for necros and possibly guardians at this point but they also have the sustain and active defences which they used to have on top.

    I stand with Mo.

  • spectrito.8513spectrito.8513 Member ✭✭
    edited November 15, 2018

    @Klypto.1703 said:

    What is worse is that anet is listening to these bad players who depend on tags, zergs, necro traits/broken condi's and then complain if someone counter plays them

    Strictly roaming player here.
    It doesnt mean much but i'm a plat player, i'm not the best but i'm not bad.
    There's no problem with being counterplayed
    The problem is to be counterplayed with an uncounterplayble mechanic. In most cases you can't do kitten about stealth

    @Klypto.1703 said:
    So anet just destroys the stealth aspect that is core parts of mesmer and thief but more so thief and pretty much the entire spec of deadeye. Which what I don't get is you come out with deadeye then completely redo the whole spec just to kill it with this nerf.

    I dont agree with the new marked mechanic, it will turn some not-that-good skills into useless skills on certain situations, it's a lazy solution

    I think nerfing endurance boosts is a better solution cuz it dont mess with core classes and it can stop this currently dodge spamfest of invulnerabilitys and permastealth.

  • @Lucentfir.7430 said:

    @KrHome.1920 said:

    @Lincolnbeard.1735 said:
    As usual non-mirage players talk without knowing what's up. Mirage used to have 0.75 dodge too, it was so awful than a normal dodge was better.
    With the vigor nerf other professions have more evade uptime then mirage.

    Please L2P.

    I roam with mirage players that are untouchable in WvW. And so are the few good ones we run into.

    This spec knows only two limitations when fully buffed by all endurance granting stuff: overextending and lack of skill.

    In WvW I'm inclined to agree. especially Condi mirage, it's absolute Ebola in the roaming scene/ very small scale. Access to Dire/Trailblaizer stats + energy sigils (50 Endurance), Endurance Regen food + Vigor, adventure runes. Playing it for a couple hours last night trying to get a better idea how to fight them, I learned nothing aside from i can face roll everything that isn't another decently played condi mirage and a Condi DD that can skip out when it gets too hot. You really have to go out of your way to die on it.

    The other night we were taking the circle on SWT when a small roaming group entered, thinking to slow us down. But they realized they couldn't reach us in time, so they bailed. Except one mirage got caught right at the portal when it flipped. We had him targeted and in combat instantly, but he stimply turned, ran through us, up the stairs, off the wall, blinked away, turned, and bowed. 35 people hitting him with cc's, max damage with nothing on cd, and he never dropped below 80% health. No class should be able to run through a 35-man zerg, while targeted by everyone, ignoring all cc's, and basically thumb his nose at us.

    Mirage is grossly OP when played by anyone with a clue.

  • Threather.9354Threather.9354 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 15, 2018

    @BlueMelody.6398 said:

    The other night we were taking the circle on SWT when a small roaming group entered, thinking to slow us down. But they realized they couldn't reach us in time, so they bailed. Except one mirage got caught right at the portal when it flipped. We had him targeted and in combat instantly, but he stimply turned, ran through us, up the stairs, off the wall, blinked away, turned, and bowed. 35 people hitting him with cc's, max damage with nothing on cd, and he never dropped below 80% health. No class should be able to run through a 35-man zerg, while targeted by everyone, ignoring all cc's, and basically thumb his nose at us.

    Mirage is grossly OP when played by anyone with a clue.

    Thats just issue of you guys not using CC like lines of wardings, statics, slick shoes etc. This invuln troll thingy is normal tho, ele, DD, engi, war can do the same but with less weakness to CC.

    Overall Mirage is busted ye but its just the fact that mirage has too much endurance regen (which translates into mobility), stealth, clone generation etc, not being immune for a few seconds.

    Ri Ba - WvW Commander/hard carry
    Making Desolation great again/Alt somewhere
    Diamond Legend

  • if you want to punish someone that spam dodges learn how dodging work. there an aftercast delay an start up delay on All eva mech (that are not instant trigger) in the game.

    the end of a dodge roll is .75 from .75 to .765 open frame where thief can take Unavoidable dmg. this (.015) double if thief double dodges.

    All Fix animation skills in the game suffer from this engine flaw. Fix animation meaning you can not weapon stow cancel it.

<1
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.