MASSIVE nerf hammer... sigil of concentration gutted, leadership nerfed, and no trait help

Einsof.1457

@Nepster.4275 said:Chrono was doing too much DPS in raids that why this nerf was needed...And this doesnt really change the whole thing, but from now on you can go full minstrel and afk share boons <--- enjoying real end game content, tho rest of the changes to other stuff isnt that bad

I really enjoyed minmaxing dps while having full boon uptime. now i can only have full boon up time with no wiggle room for minmaxing based on my own personal skill. it really bites. plus we are pigeon holed more into our builds since chaos is required now. remember when we had options? Pepperidge farm remembers.

@Einsof.1457 said:

@Nepster.4275 said:Chrono was doing too much DPS in raids that why this nerf was needed...And this doesnt really change the whole thing, but from now on you can go full minstrel and afk share boons <--- enjoying real end game content, tho rest of the changes to other stuff isnt that bad

I really enjoyed minmaxing dps while having full boon uptime. now i can only have full boon up time with no wiggle room for minmaxing based on my own personal skill. it really bites.

Wouldn't building for either/or be called balance?

@Einsof.1457 said:

I really enjoyed minmaxing dps while having full boon uptime. now i can only have full boon up time with no wiggle room for minmaxing based on my own personal skill. it really bites. plus we are pigeon holed more into our builds since chaos is required now. remember when we had options? Pepperidge farm remembers.

I havent said they did something good, they promised some food changes too but well, you havent really got anything

@Rysdude.3824 said:

I really enjoyed minmaxing dps while having full boon uptime. now i can only have full boon up time with no wiggle room for minmaxing based on my own personal skill. it really bites.

No it's called pigeon holing, and the less choice we have the worse off the game is. Not just mesmers, but all professions.

@Einsof.1457 said:

No it's called pigeon holing, and the less choice we have the worse off the game is. Not just mesmers, but all professions.

Similar to the pigeon holing done for the WvW meta?

@Einsof.1457 said:

It's called your class is not some special exception to the rule anymore that all supports don't deal damage if they want to optimize their supporting.

Get put in line and sit down, Mes has been a special case for years.

@Rysdude.3824 said:

This would have been a problem if chrono would do like BS level of DPS, but even tho on benchmarks it did good DPS but in real raids it was nowhere close to that.Their plan with this was to make the game more versatile... So i ask, where is the option to go versatile like giving boons while doing condi damage too, when now you can only choose one?

@Nepster.4275 said:

This would have been a problem if chrono would do like BS level of DPS, but even tho on benchmarks it did good DPS but in real raids it was nowhere close to that.Their plan with this was to make the game more versatile... So i ask, where is the option to go versatile like giving boons while doing condi damage too, when now you can only choose one?

You'll still do condi dmg? Is something preventing that?

@Rysdude.3824 said:

You'll still do condi dmg? Is something preventing that?

For carin you could go mixed boon duration/condi gear because you got BD from sigil, now you need to go more BD, so this means less condi damage. I havent said you cant neither that you could, i said that what would mean being versatile

@Einsof.1457 said:

@Sieghilde.7632 said:This is not what a massive nerf hammer looks like

you dont play chrono in high end pve then.

And if you played anything else, you might have a better idea what a heavy nerf looks like. As is, you're still going to be the centerpiece of the meta, and all you have to sacrifice is something groups don't take you for anyway (damage).

@Einsof.1457 said:

@Sieghilde.7632 said:This is not what a massive nerf hammer looks like

you dont play chrono in high end pve then.

Dude, you don't have to play chrono in high end to see that this is just an annoyance and no real nerf. Yes, you have to change your gear (annoyance). Sure, your personal DPS will be lower too. However, this makes absolutely zero difference for your ability to get in a group or your usefulness in a group. There's really zero impact on your ability to play the game.

Meta groups will still rely on chronos and if that ever changes, it'll probably be so good for the game to release players from chrono jail that it won't be worth calling a nerf at that point so long as chronos are still a strong option.

Is this your 3rd thread on this topic?

As someone said before, this is not what a "massive nerf" looks like. You will still run 1/2 chronos in 90% of fractal/raid groups and your utility has not changed a bit. Relax.You still need to weapon swap to min/max your dps bc you want to spawn sword/focus illusions. Instead of swapping around the sigil, you will now swap around your phantasm cooldowns I guess.

I've seen Mesmer mains saying that the Sigil of Concentration & Rune of Leadership nerfs made builds that harmonize Personal DPS and Boon Support ("Hybrid Chronos") unfeasible.

Someone thought of trying to use the new Potent Lucent Oil? I think the current meta builds will not change much, and that we have several possibilities that people aren't seeing. Most are salty just because weapon-swap is no longer required (by the way, I think that's good, and I know several people who are willing to start playing Chrono just because of that change).

@alchemist.6851 said:wait, leadership nerfed??

By 5%. Combined with sigil of concentration these change will most likely affect commander/harrier mix in frac.If you run minstrel/harrier you probably won't notice much in solo fractal. In raid you have other chrono covering as well so even less noticeable.

I'm actually wondering whether antitoxin will make Desmina too easy...

@"Fye.7594" said:I've seen Mesmer mains saying that the Sigil of Concentration & Rune of Leadership nerfs made builds that harmonize Personal DPS and Boon Support ("Hybrid Chronos") unfeasible.

Someone thought of trying to use the new Potent Lucent Oil? I think the current meta builds will not change much, and that we have several possibilities that people aren't seeing. Most are salty just because weapon-swap is no longer required (by the way, I think that's good, and I know several people who are willing to start playing Chrono just because of that change).

Now that is interesting!

I work out that's about 8.8% boon duration in full zerk.

So we get 25% from leadership, 20% from chaotic persistence, 10% from concentration 8.8% from the new oil and add in the new halloween food 6.6% and you can get 70% boon duration in full zerk. You can get another 6% with infusions....is that enough?

@apharma.3741 said:Now that is interesting!

I work out that's about 8.8% boon duration in full zerk.

So we get 25% from leadership, 20% from chaotic persistence, 10% from concentration 8.8% from the new oil and add in the new halloween food 6.6% and you can get 70% boon duration in full zerk. You can get another 6% with infusions....is that enough?

Yes. And if you mix some Commander pieces, you can reach 100% boon duration... as I said, not very different from our current meta build.We don't need to be full Commander to play Support Chrono; that idea is just mass hysteria.

Archived