New Marked! debuff

Bezerker.2379

Marked: This effect has been updated and will now reveal enemies for 5 seconds if they remain in stealth for 2 seconds or more. This effect is referred to as Detected!

Uhm... that's a bit extreme no? Means we'll be unable to stealth up for a decent bit of time after every sentry kill. Also, pretty sure I've been marked in stealth before.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

World vs. World

General

• Marked: This effect has been updated and will now reveal enemies for 5 seconds if they remain in stealth for 2 seconds or more. This effect is referred to as Detected!
  • New Trick Added—Target Painter: Throw a trick that allows the player to mark up to 50 enemies in a targeted radius of 360 for 30 seconds. This effect cannot be avoided, and it costs 10 supply to deploy.
  • Stealth Disruptor Trap: This trap has been renamed Target Painter Trap and will now mark up to 50 enemies in a 1,200 radius for 30 seconds. This effect cannot be avoided, and its cost is still 10 supply.Participation will no longer decay outside of WvW. As a result, rewards based on participation (pips and reward tracks) will be delayed until the next full tick when entering WvW from outside other WvW maps.

All of the WVW updates. New truck: throwable.....

Mark in itself is already the most LAZY addition to this game.It breaks small scale havoc to try and grab t3 because the blob shows up before your siege is up.Now they buff mark to fight stealth...What a joke.Adding in more items to fight a class specific mechanic which are mostly being run on by roamers.They have no clue what theyre doing anymore with this game mode and they seem to absolutely hate roamers and only want people to run in a 60 man group,its a mess.

Can i have some item or trap that remove invuln's from people for 30 sec long ? ;)

@Caedmon.6798 said:Mark in itself is already the most LAZY addition to this game.It breaks small scale havoc to try and grab t3 because the blob shows up before your siege is up.Now they buff mark to fight stealth...What a joke.Adding in more items to fight a class specific mechanic which are mostly being run on by roamers.They have no clue what theyre doing anymore with this game mode and they seem to absolutely hate roamers and only want people to run in a 60 man group,its a mess.

Can i have some item or trap that remove invuln's from people for 30 sec long ? ;)

If I’m taking a T3 tower with my havoc, I hit it from outside of the watchtower effect. Most towers you can do this. Not all, (NET on Alpine comes to mind) but most. And honestly, watchtower becomes a crutch. People will send a scout to check, and if you line up two or three guild catas, the wall drops fairly quickly. By the time the scout gets there..,

@Turk.5460 said:

@CRrabbit.1284 said:Veil will become useless if I understand the function of the trick/trap correctly.

Doesn't Veil only last 2 seconds?

2 sec stealth is never enough to reach foes, guild/zerg usually run multiple veils, but now as long as you see them veiled, you just thru a few trap on possible direction they will have nowhere to hide.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Caedmon.6798 said:Mark in itself is already the most LAZY addition to this game.It breaks small scale havoc to try and grab t3 because the blob shows up before your siege is up.Now they buff mark to fight stealth...What a joke.Adding in more items to fight a class specific mechanic which are mostly being run on by roamers.They have no clue what theyre doing anymore with this game mode and they seem to absolutely hate roamers and only want people to run in a 60 man group,its a mess.

If I’m taking a T3 tower with my havoc, I hit it from outside of the watchtower effect. Most towers you can do this. Not all, (NET on Alpine comes to mind) but most. And honestly, watchtower becomes a crutch. People will send a scout to check, and if you line up two or three guild catas, the wall drops fairly quickly. By the time the scout gets there..,

Ssssshshshshsh! You're giving away the secret strategy!

Thats what i do aswell,when you hit a t3 and its contested for a while scout comes,in 20 sec the blob shows.Not much issue on wood,strictly t3.

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:yeah, but tbh you can't expect to flip a t3 (everytime) with a small havoc anyway

Offcourse, but before the addition of radars it was possible to be sneaky about it,and you sorta can if you hit from distance out of radars but then you have to run in and everyone will see it happening.I honestly dont even bother anymore either though, its no point.

@Caedmon.6798 said:

Thats what i do aswell,when you hit a t3 and its contested for a while scout comes,in 20 sec the blob shows.Not much issue on wood,strictly t3.

Yeah. But as a havoc, you messed with the Zerg at least. That’s almost as much fun as capping it.

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:yeah, but tbh you can't expect to flip a t3 (everytime) with a small havoc anyway

You are correct. I go into it figuring I’m going to get blobbed down. If I don’t, it’s a good day. :smile:

I can't support this change what so ever. If I'm in an area like a sentry where Marked is, I can't even begin to start to stack stealth. Usually I would... Evade into stealth, kneel, smoke field, and then three heartseekers. Now I can't even heartseeker before marked makes me revealed. It's a terrible change and will probably be the nail in the coffin for my WvW exploits. It's a shame really because I LIKE TO BUY GEMS.

The problem is that this is clearly a move intended to affect only deadeye but now affects literally anything that uses stealth. D/P daredevil isn't a problem anymore yet will be affected. Toss Elixir S will reveal the engi since it's a 6s stealth. Mass Invis is now a useless skill near an upgraded tower.

I don't use any stealth classes but that's gotta be a downer for anyone who ISN'T abusing deadeye, lol

@Caedmon.6798 said:

@"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:yeah, but tbh you can't expect to flip a t3 (everytime) with a small havoc anyway

Offcourse, but before the addition of radars it was possible to be sneaky about it,and you sorta can if you hit from distance out of radars but then you have to run in and everyone will see it happening.I honestly dont even bother anymore either though, its no point.

Yes and what you could do before radar was set up catas in two different spots (one fairly hidden)... hit the wall until enemy came. If there was too many to handle you leave or die (but get off the hidden one(s) fast. Let them kill the cats they know about... then go back in a bit with your other cats still there.

There are some other little "tricks" that I like to do but won't post them. No they're not exploits... just things that I like to do at certain keeps that enemy doesn't seem to notice a lot of the time that makes coming back a little easier the next time... and many times successful because they can't get back fast enough. Doesn't always work.. but when it does... BAM.

If you know me, and am on my server then feel free to hit me up in game ;)

Archived