Disconnects / Crashes after 11/13/2018 Update [merged]

Dark.1823

I have an iMac 27" Retina computer. I have Windows 10 installed on a Boot Camp partition. The computer has 40GB of memory and a 2TB drive with an AMD Radeon R9 359X card with 4GB of memory. I run with medium graphics settings.

The Guild Wars Mac client and PC clients both crash on a regular basis. The reason for the crash on either platform is a null reference exception. I always report the errors. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game, which was an incantation recommended by some players with similar problems. It hasn't helped in my case.

Is there a work around or set of settings that will reduce the occurrences of these exceptions? I love the game but it becomes unplayable when at seemingly random times a crash occurs.

Thank you.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Thank you, ANet! Unlocked the Desert King Throne, got disconnected, reconnected, all progress gone, Throne no longer unlocked. :-1:.

P.S. This:

@Elestrae.4927 said:I demand a general reroll to put everyone on equal footing in regards to the sigil and rune update, ppl not getting DCed every 2 seconds can buy and stockpile the new (updated) goodies while a lot of us are getting screwed over by sh*tty server behavior...

This is happening to everyone on the server, there is some action that someone does that causes the whole server to crash and roll everyone back. I have found if you can get to a instance (your home, GH or something) you will be safe unless you do the action causing the server to cash. I am trying to figure out what it is.

Archived