Glorious Hero's armor does not count as precursor to Mistforged Glorious Hero's?

meri.9187

Not sure if this is a bug, but it appears you can only buy Mistforged Glorious Hero's armor when you have the Ardent Glorious skin- the Glorious Hero's skin doesn't count even though it shares a name.

Was this intended or just an oversight since the Glorious Hero's armor is much rarer than Ardent Glorious?

@"ventusthunder.5067" said:Not sure if this is a bug, but it appears you can only buy Mistforged Glorious Hero's armor when you have the Ardent Glorious skin- the Glorious Hero's skin doesn't count even though it shares a name.

Was this intended or just an oversight since the Glorious Hero's armor is much rarer than Ardent Glorious?

Probably an oversight. If your talking about the tournament skin.

i play mainly wvw, and from about 9 mounths i made 500 lvl there. on pvp i played only occasionally and after i made ascendence i stopped playing spvp. now im around 50 lvl. If i still play wvw in the same amount ill get shiny backpack in about 3 years, if ill start grinding pvp now it will be much much easier. is it any intended? i feel the big disproportion between the shiny armor reward from these 2 modes

• ArenaNet Staff

@Hex.2579 said:It feels weird that they don't remove the ardent glorious armor. Since the Mistforged ones look much better, more like an upgrade from ardent set. I mean who would buy the old armor anymore?

You have to have unlocked the ardent glorious skin before you can purchase the mistforged glorious hero skin.

• ArenaNet Staff

@herrmartell.7109 said:

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:Yeah, that's an oversight. We'll get that changed. As well as add a version of the chest that doesn't have the back FX.

Could you please share an ETA with us for this? Thanks.

Making the glorious hero armor work as a condition for purchasing will come in our next full release. (Sometime in the next few weeks.)

Adding the alternate chest armor without the FX will take a little bit longer, but I don't have an ETA yet.

• ArenaNet Staff

@Hex.2579 said:

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:You have to have unlocked the ardent glorious skin before you can purchase the mistforged glorious hero skin.

Thank you for clarifying. I didn't know o/Although i had bought a full set of Ardent armor last season. And I'm way over rank 100, I can't unlock the Mistforged for some reasons. Is it a bug or something?

Hmm, having the corresponding ardent skin and level 100 are the only requirements, outside of having the currency to buy them.

• 2 weeks later...

@Tyson.5160 said:

@Crunch Bars.4309 said:Kinda feel like Mistforged Glorious may as well be legendary. Quite a lot of ascended glory shards. :/

Way less then the actual legendary upgrade process though, it’s the same amount of shards as the ardent set.

I meen, it's the same cost for Ardent, BUT you have to have already purchased ardent anyway, so it's cumulative cost.I'm proposing that it either be legendary OR when we craft legendary armor from the PvP stuff, we unlockthe PvE legendary skin as well.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:

@Hex.2579 said:

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:You have to have unlocked the ardent glorious skin before you can purchase the mistforged glorious hero skin.

Thank you for clarifying. I didn't know o/Although i had bought a full set of Ardent armor last season. And I'm way over rank 100, I can't unlock the Mistforged for some reasons. Is it a bug or something?

Hmm, having the corresponding ardent skin and level 100 are the only requirements, outside of having the currency to buy them.

Once i obtain the ardent armor the mistforged is still locked. I have to go to the character select screen then back into the game to have access to the mistfordge after i have bought the ardent correspondent.

• ArenaNet Staff

Just a summary/clarification.

Tier 1: Glorious Armor - Exotic, earned from reward tracks. Not required for anything.Tier 2: Ardent Glorious - Ascended, purchased with PvP League Currency. Can buy just the skin. Can be upgraded to a legendary version with the same skinTier 2: Glorious Hero - Ascended, purchased using PvP Tournament Vouchers or by having participated in some old PvP events. Can be upgraded to a legendary version with the same skinTier 3: Mistforged Glorious Hero - Ascended, purchased using PvP League Currency or PvP Tournament Vouchers. Purchasing it through the league armor vendor requires you to be PvP rank 100 and have unlocked either the Ardent Glorious or Glorious Hero skin. So if you want the light Mistforged Glorious Hero helmet, you'll need to have unlocked either the Ardent Glorious light helm or the Glorious Hero light helm along with being rank 100. Can be upgraded to legendary version with the same skin.

Archived