Rune of defender, are you kidding me?

CRrabbit.1284

(1): +25 Toughness(2): +35 Healing(3): +50 Toughness(4): +65 Healing(5): +100 Toughness(6): 10% increased maximum health; restores 5% of your maximum health when blocking an attack. (COOLDOWN: 1s)

Do you know many aegis/block FB and mesmer has ????Where does developer get the idea to give 5% heal every SECOND ????

Scepter/shield or sword build would probably have huge sustain on mes with that rune, but u really dont wanna go scepter tbh - > auto + sc 3 feels much too clunky.other then that, mes has not enough blocks to make this go insane, even with some lucky Aegies procs on Staff.

Guards will love this tough.

The rune isn't the problem; the fact there is too much access to blocks is the problem. Far far too many blocks in WvW.

Develop another rune set, 1 where the 6th bonus is (all attacks are unblockable), where any attacks against targets attempting to block the target takes an additional 5% damage of their maximum health.

scraper will have the most benefit from this. you have shock shield on 20 sec and traited gear shield on 14 sec, and defense field which now blocks projectiles on 21 sec cd (the editor is not updated). So a scraper-alchemy-tools build with hammer, using tool kit and elixirs as utilities. something like this: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASnUUBlchFpC2XBkfhlJji+vz79W8ZKgAY8DqgIA-jVCFQBqTHA42fwJKP0n6PKUJ0FVCugLAAAeAATUJSAAEgbezAwNv5Nv5NvZt5Nv5Nv5Nv5Nv5NLFwqjBA-w

@GDchiaScrub.3241 said:Dunno bebe. The Rune of Sanctuary with 20% incoming heals added as barrier sounds pretty good too, if it has no cooldown. RIP Demon Summoning Sigil though!

D:

It's broken, no cd means perm 25 stacks of might, condi immunity, and 15k barrier is permanently up. They'll add a cd of 5s next tuesday, so enjoy it this week

@RisenHowl.2419 said:

@GDchiaScrub.3241 said:Dunno bebe. The Rune of Sanctuary with 20% incoming heals added as barrier sounds pretty good too, if it has no cooldown. RIP Demon Summoning Sigil though!

D:

It's broken, no cd means perm 25 stacks of might, condi immunity, and 15k barrier is permanently up. They'll add a cd of 5s next tuesday, so enjoy it this week

Not 15k barrier.

uuh.. the longest duration block lasts for 3 seconds right? so the maximum heal amount is 15% of your max hp.. say you got 20 000hp, that is 3000hp on an avrage of 20sec CD on the block.

Considering you mostly want to stow weapons when someone blocks to deny any form of effect it usually brings along with the negated damage i dont think its too harsh.Bunkers with this might be slightly better but it doesnt provide anything except bunker potential..

Also since you guys mentioned it doesnt work on aegis, it possibly doesnt work on stuff like full counter etc. If it ONLY applies to weaponskills that block then i can only see some cheese chronos using doubleblock in a teamfight to heal up 6k hp..

Guess we will find out, doesnt do anything to increase kill potential but it can situationally be annoying. Good thing we get some good offensive runes/sigils along with it though.

@RisenHowl.2419 said:

D:

Nah, just nerf Necromancer. It is the only class that can abuse this rune that hard. Why should we kill an interesting concept because one class is broken with it when the traits still work fine with an ICD on them?

@Miellyn.6847 said:

D:

Nah, just nerf Necromancer. It is the only class that can abuse this rune that hard. Why should we kill an interesting concept because one class is broken with it when the traits still work fine with an ICD on them?

Why should we nerf a class because Anet didn't think when they changes the runes?

@Morte de Angelis.7986 said:

D:

Why should we nerf a class because Anet didn't think when they changes the runes?

Because the trait in question 'Abrasive Grit' still works completely fine with an ICD of 2 or 3 seconds while preserving the concept of the rune. Everything else is completely fine.

@XECOR.2814 said:

D:

Not 15k barrier.

Check a heal meter while fighting, I'm getting about 50% of my damage back in healing. So, it's not stacked but it is absurd

@RisenHowl.2419 said:

D:

Not 15k barrier.

Check a heal meter while fighting, I'm getting about 50% of my damage back in healing. So, it's not stacked but it is absurd

You dont get direct damage back in healing. You get healing from life steal procs which procs rune. Rev is the same with life steal and i dont play scrapper but it also has some mechanics like this. Druids also has an absurd amount of barrier build im wvw right now. Btw you havent tried necro main hand dagger2 heal barrier yet? Barrier is not insane overall. The burst condi clear is insane.

@XECOR.2814 said:

D:

Not 15k barrier.

You dont get direct damage back in healing. You get healing from life steal procs which procs rune. Rev is the same with life steal and i dont play scrapper but it also has some mechanics like this. Druids also has an absurd amount of barrier build im wvw right now. Btw you havent tried necro main hand dagger2 heal barrier yet? Barrier is not insane overall. The burst condi clear is insane.

It's a flat heal regardless of damage dealt, so each instance of a hit counts twice from both blood life steal traits

I have tried out dagger, it's lol worthy. Each pulse triggers abrasive grit for 6 might/3 condi clears. Unfortunately you still lack the sustain/stab to beat competent engies/warriors, so even with a menders ammy it makes a just okay duelist

Archived