Rune Of The Pack GONE?

alejandro.2093

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:its bad now anyway

Bad?! Would've been in the top 3 of power runes easily.

upon entering combat is bad

they changed the way the runes work. It procs when in combat and if you are still in combat when the cd is over it will re proc.

The example they gave was

Rune of the OgreThe new Rune of the Ogre now summons a stalwart rock-dog ally upon entering combat instead of granting you a chance to summon one when struck. If you’re still in combat when the cooldown is over, your rock dog will be automatically resummoned.

I assume Pack will work the same. If so it is def a good rune. Better than before by a long way.

they changed the way the runes work. It procs when in combat and if you are still in combat when the cd is over it will re proc.

Rune of the OgreThe new Rune of the Ogre now summons a stalwart rock-dog ally upon entering combat instead of granting you a chance to summon one when struck. If you’re still in combat when the cooldown is over, your rock dog will be automatically resummoned.

I assume Pack will work the same. If so it is def a good rune. Better than before by a long way.

Oh is that really how it works? Have you tested this with any of the boom granting runes? Really hoping this is the case.

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:

Oh is that really how it works? Have you tested this with any of the boom granting runes? Really hoping this is the case.I havent tested it yet....but in anet's post where they talk about Ogre rune they wanted to remove the CHANCE of stuff happening so giving you the boons at start of combat and as soon as its off CD so long as you are in combat fits in for all these runes. I have some pack runes in my bank so will test later when i can play.

@Spartacus.3192 said:

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:

Oh is that really how it works? Have you tested this with any of the boom granting runes? Really hoping this is the case.I havent tested it yet....but in anet's post where they talk about Ogre rune they wanted to remove the CHANCE of stuff happening so giving you the boons at start of combat and as soon as its off CD so long as you are in combat fits in for all these runes. I have some pack runes in my bank so will test later when i can play.

Yeah I'll have to test that when I get home later too. Thanks for that info. Hoping you're right. No refreshing in combat seemed like a really poorly designed idea.

oh then yeah its way better. thanks for the heads up.

I don't have a set of pack runes in pve so I can't test them, but I was testing rage runes which had their 4th bonus changed to "gain fury for 8 seconds when entering combat" on a 10 second cd. What I found is that the bonus procs when entering combat and when leaving combat (enemy dies or you move out of range) but it does not refresh every 10 seconds in combat.

I also noticed that ogre runes don't say "when entering combat" in their description but rather "while in combat," and in fact the only runes that proc "while in combat" are the ones that summon npc allies. Therefore, I'm pretty sure that runes like pack and rage are actually in a different category where the bonus only activates when entering or leaving combat, which is indeed rather bad

Edit: Tested fire runes as well and they seem to be the same as rage, except they didn't proc when leaving combat, only on entering

oh then yeah its way better. thanks for the heads up.

Idk, man... I just tested this staying in combat and having the 6th Rune's bonuses re-apply while in combat, and...Oh.. you get a reapplication of the 10s of swiftness, fury and might, but it is WAYYYYY longer than the specified 20s cool-down. It's more like 50s to 1min before the boons reapply. :(

From the time you first enter combat and the boons immediately pop to the time they are reapplied while maintaining combat status - by my stopwatch - it's 50s to 1 min. Seems bugged to me. :(

Also - fall damage will trigger the application of 10s of swiftness, fury and might. (I guess you're "in combat" long enough for it to proc.)

@Ydeirt.3905 said:

@Substance E.4852 said:Pack runes do not reapply their buffs while in combat.

I have it on my ranger, tested it and it does reapplied while still in combat. I didn't count how long it rebuffed tho.

It seems to reapply rarely when you kill an enemy provided its not on cooldown:1) I stood still for 40 seconds while in combat with npcs, hit him a few times, didn't get reapplied2) I aggroed 2 more NPCS and killed one of them, pack runes applied.

3) I aggroed 2 other npcs, waited a while, killed one of them, pack runes didn't apply. (repeated this mulltiple times, 2) didn't happen ever again)

4) it always triggers on the last npcs you kill (when you exit combat)

@Threather.9354 said:

I have it on my ranger, tested it and it does reapplied while still in combat. I didn't count how long it rebuffed tho.

It seems to reapply rarely when you kill an enemy provided its not on cooldown:1) I stood still for 40 seconds while in combat with npcs, hit him a few times, didn't get reapplied2) I aggroed 2 more NPCS and killed one of them, pack runes applied.

3) I aggroed 2 other npcs, waited a while, killed one of them, pack runes didn't apply. (repeated this mulltiple times, 2) didn't happen ever again)

4) it always triggers on the last npcs you kill (when you exit combat)

Ah my bad, i just tested it on training dummy in silverwaste, you're right its not reapplied while still in the middle on combat. It does however reapply just before the combat finishes, i think its a bug.Guess it's time to switch runes then.

@tinyreborn.1938 said:

I'm willing to bet this is unintentional. If it is intentional, it's objectively a horrible change that should be fixed.

Agree . Then rune being trash indeed. 6th bonus is terrible .... But still, we dont have pack anymore in PvP .

Now that I have no idea on whether it was intentional or not... it's certainly not an OP rune so I don't see what the point of removing it is.

@Arcaedus.7290 said:

I'm willing to bet this is unintentional. If it is intentional, it's objectively a horrible change that should be fixed.

Agree . Then rune being trash indeed. 6th bonus is terrible .... But still, we dont have pack anymore in PvP .

Now that I have no idea on whether it was intentional or not... it's certainly not an OP rune so I don't see what the point of removing it is.

You wont get proper answer from Anet . Look at sanctuary rune , instead of removing this nonsense they decided to nerf scourge trait instead. For memes Gaile said its obvious what means 'broken' for some1 who in gaming industry for 20 years , yet, they prefer to nerf class in pvp/wvw/pve instead of a rune .

@tinyreborn.1938 said:

@"Substance E.4852" said:Pack runes do not reapply their buffs while in combat.

You wont get proper answer from Anet . Look at sanctuary rune , instead of removing this nonsense they decided to nerf scourge trait instead. For memes Gaile said its obvious what means 'broken' for some1 who in gaming industry for 20 years , yet, they prefer to nerf class in pvp/wvw/pve instead of a rune .

I said this in another thread but:

If you had 2 piles of bricks, 1 pile had 45 bricks and the other pile had 5.. If you were asked to group the bricks together, would you move 45 bricks to be with the 5 or move the 5 to be with the 45?

This was sorta the same thing instead it's "do we rework a rune across 26 specs and 3 game modes (78 factors involved) or do you adjust the 1 specific trait on the specific class that's making it broken?"

I trust Anet will revert AG once they figure out what to do with the runes, even if they don't, how often was the trait used before hand and how often can a necro apply barrier?

Archived