What new/changed Sigils/Runes do you guys like?

EnderzShadow.2506

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 negative i see right away, 2 nightmare 4 trapper runes is done, the condi duration was lost on nightmare. The best replacement i see are tempest runes 1 gives +18 and 2 gives +5%. that still ends up with a 5% net loss on condi duration, i'm still going through it to see if another full set would be a better replacement. Krait, Afflicted and Tempest full sets look promising for condi ranger.

@Prophet.1584 said:1 negative i see right away, 2 nightmare 4 trapper runes is done, the condi duration was lost on nightmare. The best replacement i see are tempest runes 1 gives +18 and 2 gives +5%. that still ends up with a 5% net loss on condi duration, i'm still going through it to see if another full set would be a better replacement. Krait, Afflicted and Tempest full sets look promising for condi ranger.

Earth is 6 bleed every 2 seconds so better than geo. Doom is 8 second poison 3 stacks although I'm not sure if it'll replace geo or malice. Feels like shortbow/shortbow with focus on bleed/poison is the way to go. I'm leaning towards afflicted with 10% all, 10% poison, 20% bleed. I don't think the death nova on enemy will proc in raids but it'll probably be good for fotm/open world tagginng. Earth/doom is also full ranged damage if you are trying to ranged strat.

Boots bad builds.... Rune of citadel causes a barrage on elite. Might replace his favorite rune of the mad king. I'll have to test in game but that synergies with One wolf pack.

Antitoxin seems interesting. WS now clears 3 instead of 2 conditions per cast. -25% condi duration and 175 condi dmg. There are also more flanking sigils that apply conditions. Rune of mirage means sword/dagger can apply ok torment... I don't think condi ranger will actually become viable but those might be worth testing.

Speed sounds OP for any class with 66% move speed from swiftness.

Defender healing 5% of max HP per block also sounds generically really strong. Ranger only has Gs4 to block but reflects are a special kind of block so I wonder if the runes also proc on reflect. Unblockable attacks from SB are probably going to be even more important in killing some bunkers now.

Defender sounds nuts for a couple classes outside of the ranger.Guard? Holy...Warrior?

And that Speed sounds absolutely ridiculous for a few classeswarriorRangerand thief which doesn't quite have as much access to constant swiftness but dmn..that class can already get away well. (I dont main thief in case I missed something)Imagine on a Deadeye which even when he gets tracked down say, fighting a few players, he just roll out with Haste Utility which gives 6 seconds of swiftness =super speed

@Prophet.1584 said:1 negative i see right away, 2 nightmare 4 trapper runes is done, the condi duration was lost on nightmare. The best replacement i see are tempest runes 1 gives +18 and 2 gives +5%. that still ends up with a 5% net loss on condi duration, i'm still going through it to see if another full set would be a better replacement. Krait, Afflicted and Tempest full sets look promising for condi ranger.

Afflicted or Krait will likely replace nightmare

@Prophet.1584 said:hmmm, Water or Monk for heal druid? The +10% healing is useful on monk but we already overheal often and it only has +15% boon duration now. Water has +25%, the condi removal may be better for pvp/wvw than raids or fractals.

Water has always given more boon duration than monk, and I plan on continuing to use water over monk since that extra healing is almost never useful.

Also, they removed waters Condi removal, it’s just more healing when you heal.

I would be interested in hearing build ideas on how for rangers to get the most out of the Antitoxin rune (i.e. frequent small cleanses).Speed sounds pretty darn potent, too. It sounds like it'll turn swiftness into a baby superspeed (mostly effective while in combat). This is great as rangers have lots of swiftness and practically no superspeed. Though the same is true of other professions, as well.

~ Kovu

@Maven.1690 said:

@Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:Personally, I'm sticking with Rune of Rage on my Ranger. Now it's nearly perma-Fury while you're in combat (9.6 seconds every 10), which works nicely with Ranger's Fury boosting traits.

I agree and combo with the rage sigil on the bow now you can stack nearly 20 seconds of quickness uninterupted.

lol dmn...

@"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:Personally, I'm sticking with Rune of Rage on my Ranger. Now it's nearly perma-Fury while you're in combat (9.6 seconds every 10), which works nicely with Ranger's Fury boosting traits.

(4): Gain Fury for 8 seconds when entering combat (Cooldown: 10s)

You only get fury on entering combat, if you stay on combat it will not trigger again.

Relevant links: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_Rage

@Coinhead.7591 said:

@"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:Personally, I'm sticking with Rune of Rage on my Ranger. Now it's nearly perma-Fury while you're in combat (9.6 seconds every 10), which works nicely with Ranger's Fury boosting traits.

(4): Gain Fury for 8 seconds when
entering
combat (Cooldown: 10s)

You only get fury on entering combat, if you stay on combat it will not trigger again.

Relevant links:

True, it could still be good though if you traited and played in such a way to take advantage of the fury granted.You have 8 secs of fury and then then call of the wild(warhorn 5) strength of the pack

And then theres Traits likebrutish seals from marksremorseless from marksskirmishing furious gripskirmishing vicious quarrywilderness knowledge wilderness survivaltwo handed training beastmastery

I haven't done the times on all these buffs but if I was to guess its not endless but it would be a lot of fury uptime.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:Everythibg that has a akill proc attached to it. New grove looks interesting, maybe for a druid something.New afflicted seems dope for my poisonbeast.Overall good rune chabges.

poison beast? I am always interested in playing a new build.I have 3 80 rangers for this reason alone.

Is it shortbow dagger main? Can you use it in pvp?I dont want to derail the thread :)But if you dont mind messaging me here or in game, that would be great.

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:

@"InsaneQR.7412" said:Everythibg that has a akill proc attached to it. New grove looks interesting, maybe for a druid something.New afflicted seems dope for my poisonbeast.Overall good rune chabges.

poison beast? I am always interested in playing a new build.I have 3 80 rangers for this reason alone.

Is it shortbow dagger main? Can you use it in pvp?I dont want to derail the thread :)But if you dont mind messaging me here or in game, that would be great.

Sorry to dissapont you but its just a casual open PvE build i made.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNAoXVnUqAN8il8CerAs8iFDBjJAsuKdNvrUXVLv62dDvnUjn3A-jxxBQBo7UAki9H2n+gFq+DAeCAxUJ4GV+BA-e

Thats bow the version with the new rune (although old stats).Its just focussing on poison, poison and heal from poison.The OH axe is just awesome for trash mob clears and you poison multible targets with it and heal multiple times.

I assume you are NA server? I am EU so i dont know if i could send you anything in game.So here you go via forums^^

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

@InsaneQR.7412 said:Everythibg that has a akill proc attached to it. New grove looks interesting, maybe for a druid something.New afflicted seems dope for my poisonbeast.Overall good rune chabges.

Sorry to dissapont you but its just a casual open PvE build i made.

Thats bow the version with the new rune (although old stats).Its just focussing on poison, poison and heal from poison.The OH axe is just awesome for trash mob clears and you poison multible targets with it and heal multiple times.

I assume you are NA server? I am EU so i dont know if i could send you anything in game.So here you go via forums^^

pve nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooLike water on a witch...... IM MELTING nooooooooooooo lol

Anyways, yeah we can send mail in game, they don't limit that.We can't join maps in pve, wvw or pvp. I've tried it before. You can see a dot on your minimap wherethe person would be but they arent there :(

@Dragonzhunter.8506 said:They nerfed pretty hard the Durability Rune :( . Now you can have only 15% boon duration. The 10% HP it is bonus only if you have more than 20k HP. Even so before we got 1250 HP for 6th Rune now you get 2000 HP if you have 20k HP. I think I'll use another rune ...

^ thisSeems like most of the condition duration runes and boon duration runes got nerfed by 5%. They also seemed to want to reinforce that you have a whole set of the same rune, by moving mid-range (3rd line) buffs to the 6 spot as well. Though not all changes are for naught, the speed rune mentioned earlier is pretty fun, but I felt the loss of other stats a heck of a lot for damage, toughness, or vitality. I think it may benefit other classes more than ours.

For sigils, I am going to try out the flanking based ones. I know serpent strike is flanking but I don't know and I want to see if merged smoke assault or dagger's stalker's strike will trigger as a flank. Also I was thinking of experimenting with cleansing sigils to see if i can break out of the wilderness line more easily, since they now remove 3 conditions, I think one on each weapon might work pretty well for pve and wvw, no difference pvp.

There are some bugs going on in pvp right now with some of the updated sigil/runes though, I haven't tried the build yet, but apparently it predominantly benefits scourge with perma 25 might. Some additional changes might be on the way very soon, so maybe hold back on spending too much at BL. Anyone know the mechanics of the build? Curious too, which upgrade got removed from pvp, I received a 5g refund for one at patch.

Also Rune of Defender it's a kinda kitten ...(1): +25 Toughness(2): +35 Healing(3): +50 Toughness(4): +65 Healing(5): +100 Toughness(6): 10% increased maximum health; restores 5% of your maximum health when blocking an attack. (Cooldown: 1s)For a class who has many blocks (as Firebrand) 1 sec CD and restores 5% of HP means A LOT ... I don't know how it works, but a Firebrand with Mace+Shiled will get almost perma 5% HP. Some good firebrands were very hard to kill before, now they will be unkillable ...

Archived