So new PVP mistforged armor skin is better than PvP Legendary Armor

Lynnie.7213

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Danikat.8537 said:Isn't this the WvW legendary armour? I'm pretty sure the name is the same.

No. They are similar in style and naming but it's not the same.

@Lynnie.7213 said:PvP Legendary armor's owner should get their skins updated to the new mistforged one. Legendary armor is such a pain to make and now others can get a better skin with half the effort? C'mon Anet!

Both people need to buy the ardent and mistforged. Both end up with 1 ascended and 1 legendary or 2 legendary. How is either cheaper than the other?

@Lynnie.7213 said:PvP Legendary armor's owner should get their skins updated to the new mistforged one. Legendary armor is such a pain to make and now others can get a better skin with half the effort? C'mon Anet!

You know the Mistforged Glorious can be upgraded to Legendary status, right?

I have the ardent variety at the moment, but will definitely upgrade it to Mistforged.

But the fact that you have to own the Ardent set in order to get the Mistforged unlocked is lame.While whoever has Ardent on their legendary status, i agree, they should have been upgraded with effects and stuff.I have a full set of legendary on the ardent and I'm really not happy about it.

@Hex.2579 said:But the fact that you have to own the Ardent set in order to get the Mistforged unlocked is lame.While whoever has Ardent on their legendary status, i agree, they should have been upgraded with effects and stuff.I have a full set of legendary on the ardent and I'm really not happy about it.

this is annoying because I have all the mats and requirments to craft the legendary armor, but I want the new skin ?

I agree> @"Hex.2579" said:

But the fact that you have to own the Ardent set in order to get the Mistforged unlocked is lame.While whoever has Ardent on their legendary status, i agree, they should have been upgraded with effects and stuff.I have a full set of legendary on the ardent and I'm really not happy about it.

Agreed. It's odd that "legendary" doesn't look as legendary as an ascended set. Players should be given an option to somehow upgrade their legendary to the new skin with less cost than the total cost of purchasing the entire set as a precursor.

Edit: And for the record, I feel this way for the WvW armors as well

I understand the reasoning behind releasing a cool looking armor for pvp. Finally pvp players get something exclusively for their time invest without having to grind in pve. That's a good move and fine overall. BUT - Arenanet once said they were not going to release another legendary armor skin like the pve one because the effort is too high and mentioned that as a reason why the pvp legendary armor looks so cheap. Now they took some effort (much less though) to create a nice pvp skin but the legendary armor is left aside.

Why on earth would you then release a cool looking pvp armor and leave the pvp legendary one looking like crap? Yes, the legendary armor primarily comes with the benefit of stat changing which is great and all but for pvp players skins has always mattered more than in other game aspects and after game release some armor skins could only be acquired in pvp. If I take the effort to craft the legendary pvp armor, I feel it would be appropriate to get a cool unique look, too. Not just the same as its template. Or at least we should get the same look as the best looking precursor template. If I buy a legendary weapon, I automatically unlock all skins from its various precursor states. Why is that not the case with the pvp armor?

I already crafted one pvp armor set and I'm just saving arena tickets for the next one. To me that has the bitter taste of: "yeah, you already made the legendary armor but we have to give you a reason to keep on playing pvp further. So we will not reward your time invest from the past but are forcing you to do the same grind again if you want to apply a cool skin to your already acquired legendary. "

Honestly, I feel tricked.

@"ilmi.5369" said:I understand the reasoning behind releasing a cool looking armor for pvp. Finally pvp players get something exclusively for their time invest without having to grind in pve. That's a good move and fine overall. BUT - Arenanet once said they were not going to release another legendary armor skin like the pve one because the effort is too high and mentioned that as a reason why the pvp legendary armor looks so cheap. Now they took some effort (much less though) to create a nice pvp skin but the legendary armor is left aside.

Why on earth would you then release a cool looking pvp armor and leave the pvp legendary one looking like kitten? Yes, the legendary armor primarily comes with the benefit of stat changing which is great and all but for pvp players skins has always mattered more than in other game aspects and after game release some armor skins could only be acquired in pvp. If I take the effort to craft the legendary pvp armor, I feel it would be appropriate to get a cool unique look, too. Not just the same as its template. Or at least we should get the same look as the best looking precursor template. If I buy a legendary weapon, I automatically unlock all skins from its various precursor states. Why is that not the case with the pvp armor?

I already crafted one pvp armor set and I'm just saving arena tickets for the next one. To me that has the bitter taste of: "yeah, you already made the legendary armor but we have to give you a reason to keep on playing pvp further. So we will not reward your time invest from the past but are forcing you to do the same grind again if you want to apply a cool skin to your already acquired legendary. "

Honestly, I feel tricked.

Exactly. The whole point to why PVP legendary armor looks exactly like the ascended set was because back when they released the upgrade to legendary, they didn't have time for a new skin. But now they just spent all of this time creating a new PVP armor skin, so why the hell not update the legendary PVP armor?? Im mad and I dont even have the legendary armor. It just doesnt make any logical sense.

@Harvey.7820 said:I agree> @"Hex.2579" said:

Agreed. It's odd that "legendary" doesn't look as legendary as an ascended set. Players should be given an option to somehow upgrade their legendary to the new skin with less cost than the total cost of purchasing the entire set as a precursor.

Edit: And for the record, I feel this way for the WvW armors as well

You can. Just get the new skin and pay the fee of 1 transmutation crystal.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:

@dceptaconroy.7928 said:Can you upgrade these mistforged armour skins into legendary?

Yep!

Owners of Ardent legendary armor should get its skins upgraded for free or at least 50% of cost of a new set of mistforged one. Why we got stuck with a crappy looking armor after so much work to get it ? You guys could've done better with the first legendary, for sure.Look at the raid one, its amazing.

@Lynnie.7213 said:

@dceptaconroy.7928 said:Can you upgrade these mistforged armour skins into legendary?

Yep!

Owners of Ardent legendary armor should get its skins upgraded for free or at least 50% of cost of a new set of mistforged one. Why we got stuck with a crappy looking armor after so much work to get it ? You guys could've done better with the first legendary, for sure.Look at the raid one, its amazing.

That’s up for debate. I prefer the PvP skins then the Envoy set.

Archived