Salvaging items

Sabre.8251

@Sabre.8251 said:Well, i can salvage all items at once, but then runes/sigils get automatically salvaged aswell.

The only salvage kit that will extract is the Black Lion one, that doesn't matter if you bulk salvage or go one by one. The design intent here is that you're not extracting any upgrades you don't absolutely want.

@Cronospere.8143 said:So you cant get runes and sigils anymore by salvaging unless with black lion or extractor?

Exactly, point being not getting tons and tons of useless sigils and runes from every day salvage. Getting a rune/sigil is still any of three options:

• TP
  • Crafting
  • Salvage/extract

It's just that you can't gamble on removing a specific upgrade - if you want it, use something that gets it guaranteed.

Seems like the post is marked answered, but you did not understand what people are saying.No matter if you "salvage all" or "salvage 1 per 1", if you're using normal salvage kits it is NOT POSSIBLE to get the sigils and runes out. The only way to get the runes and sigils now is to use an Upgrade Extractor or a Black Lion Salvage Kit. When you salvage an item, there is a chance for rune/sigil to just be destroyed(you get nothing) or for it to get salvaged(you get new materials).The reason behind this change was because sigils and runes were filling up inventories too much, and only thing you could do with them is slowly destroy them, sell them, or MF them. Now they get salvaged instead, and you get materials for them.

@totaloverride.3240 said:my runes sigils keep geting salvaged either one by one or bulk salvage... can't salvage whole sigil or rune.... just dust...so i now MUST buy or forge sigils/runes? can't get whole superior sigil/rune by salvage what so ever?!

You can have the superior sigils/rune. By using a Black Lion Salvage Kit. If you don't have enough from login rewards (or if you are a new player and have none of them) you can still buy the BLSK - from gem store. Problem solved - the issue here is that sometimes you should buy the solution from now on. With RL money.

@Cristalyan.5728 said:

@totaloverride.3240 said:my runes sigils keep geting salvaged either one by one or bulk salvage... can't salvage whole sigil or rune.... just dust...so i now MUST buy or forge sigils/runes? can't get whole superior sigil/rune by salvage what so ever?!

You can have the superior sigils/rune. By using a Black Lion Salvage Kit. If you don't have enough from login rewards (or if you are a new player and have none of them) you can still
buy
the BLSK - from gem store. Problem solved - the issue here is that sometimes you should buy the solution from now on. With RL money.

Or gold-to-gem exchange. Or Black Lion Statuettes (keys can be gotten from certain story chapters or map completion).

@totaloverride.3240, how often will you actually need to get a rune/sigil by salvage? 25 uses per kit will likely be enough for quite some time, and they drop often enough from login rewards.

Also, every rune and sigils that only came from drops now have a crafting recipe.

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

You can have the superior sigils/rune. By using a Black Lion Salvage Kit. If you don't have enough from login rewards (or if you are a new player and have none of them) you can still
buy
the BLSK - from gem store. Problem solved - the issue here is that sometimes you should buy the solution from now on. With RL money.

Or gold-to-gem exchange. Or Black Lion Statuettes (keys can be gotten from certain story chapters or map completion).

@totaloverride.3240, how often will you
actually
need to get a rune/sigil by salvage? 25 uses per kit will likely be enough for quite some time, and they drop often enough from login rewards.

Also, every rune and sigils that only came from drops now have a crafting recipe.

i'd like to get some Superior sigils,i got few nullification, force... but that is not the point...

to click on rune or sigil and then salvage it, THAT is okBut auto salvage it's too stupid,it should be on me to decide to "sell as is", salvage to dust, or Forge-gambling sigils or runes

"you can still buy the BLSK - from gem store." - forcing gems for salvage, wooow THAT is beyond belief

To salvage items containing Superior Runes/Sigils before the update, and be guaranteed to obtain those, one either had to use an Extractor or a Black Lion Salvage Kit. Nothing has changed, in that regard. Otherwise, one took a chance on losing the Superior upgrade.

It's not too difficult to acquire BL Salvage Kits sans RL cash; they drop pretty often from log-in rewards or BL Chests (BL Keys can be obtained at least once per week at no charge).

Seriously, you can't get runes/sigils intact anymore from salvaging all?...

That's really stupid. It should salvage them as components, and only break them down if you salvage again. So now I have to buy runes I want instead of just keeping the good ones when I salvage. Bleh. I didn't care about this change one way or the other, but this actually makes it less desireable than the old system.

Are the components at least saleable to vendors? And if so is it for at least as much as you used to get for the unwanted sigils?

@Biff.5312 said:Seriously, you can't get runes/sigils intact anymore from salvaging all?...

I'm sorry but did you actually read the answers? Excuse the exasperated tone, but as as been said several times in several places, including this thread, Black Lion Salvage Kit still works exactly like before.

Anyone that don't have at least one kitlaying around has either not played a payed account for any significant number of weeks, or has been spending them frivolously.

That's really stupid. It should salvage them as components, and only break them down if you salvage again. So now I have to buy runes I want instead of just keeping the good ones when I salvage. Bleh. I didn't care about this change one way or the other, but this actually makes it less desireable than the old system.

Are the components at least saleable to vendors? And if so is it for at least as much as you used to get for the unwanted sigils?

Yes, they are sellable to vendor, and on the TP, and have a slot in Material Storage, so you can sell them when they've accumulated just like other materials. They are selling for quite a bit more than the vendor value, and more than old minor sigil/rune vendor value.

@Cristalyan.5728 said:

buy

Its just weird that it goes from getting too much it becomes worthless. To getting none and all items becoming more expensive.If you look at the recipes it cost 3 to 5g per superior rune. Not bad for something which is 'superior'But i would like to have the option to simply sell my minor or major sigils at the merchant or tp (because they will become more valuable now).

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:Yes, they are sellable to vendor, and on the TP, and have a slot in Material Storage, so you can sell them when they've accumulated just like other materials. They are selling for quite a bit more than the vendor value, and more than old minor sigil/rune vendor value.

Considering the low drop rate on symbols/charms, and the 10:1 refinement for motes, it should hopefully be a little while before material storage start filling up.

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

@"Biff.5312" said:Seriously, you can't get runes/sigils intact anymore from salvaging all?...

I'm sorry but did you actually read the answers? Excuse the exasperated tone, but as as been said
several
times in several places, including this thread, Black Lion Salvage Kit still works
exactly
like before.

BLSK exactly cost gems/special currencyUpgrade Extractor exactly cost gems

waste BLSK to get cheaper Sigils is insane!

we just want to remove auto salvage sigils and runes along with equipmentAdd to salvage kits new option "Salvage/ Runes and sigils" and all is good

@totaloverride.3240 said:

@"Biff.5312" said:Seriously, you can't get runes/sigils intact anymore from salvaging all?...

I'm sorry but did you actually read the answers? Excuse the exasperated tone, but as as been said
several
times in several places, including this thread, Black Lion Salvage Kit still works
exactly
like before.

BLSK
exactly
cost gems/special currencyUpgrade Extractor
exactly
cost gems

we just want to remove auto salvage sigils and runes along with equipmentAdd to salvage kits new option "Salvage/ Runes and sigils" and all is good

I've never bought a BLSK, and I have plenty of charges in reserve. You can certainly use gems to get extra, but map completion, key runs, and login rewards should give you quite a few, over time. The question is, how many do you really need? One is enough to fully kit out a character's armor and weapons and have charges to spare. If you need more BLSKs than you can get naturally, then it's probably for hoarding or selling upgrades, and unfortunately for you, they are trying to change the rune/sigil economy.

The changes do screw leveling characters a bit -- I can't see how it would ever be worthwhile to craft a minor or major rune, or waste a BLSK or extractor on one, so they'll just be stuck with whatever is attached to their greens and yellows.

@perilisk.1874 said:

several
exactly
like before.

BLSK
exactly
cost gems/special currencyUpgrade Extractor
exactly
cost gems

[...]The changes do screw leveling characters a bit -- I can't see how it would ever be worthwhile to craft a minor or major rune, or waste a BLSK or extractor on one, so they'll just be stuck with whatever is attached to their greens and yellows.

True, but I wonder how many, new or old players, actually care about the upgrades on leveling characters? I sure don't, even when taking my time!

@Cronospere.8143 said:

buy

Its just weird that it goes from getting too much it becomes worthless. To getting none and all items becoming more expensive.If you look at the recipes it cost 3 to 5g per superior rune. Not bad for something which is 'superior'But i would like to have the option to simply sell my minor or major sigils at the merchant or tp (because they will become more valuable now).

They are only becoming more valuable in part because they can no longer be directly acquired from gear. If you could get runes/sigils normally from salvaging gear, the prices would have to balance between acquisition rates from gear (supply) and worth of the new mats (demand). Instead, they balance between the value of the mats (demand) and the cost of the recipe/stocks from before the update (a much smaller supply). They'd actually end up with a much lower value than they will now.

Archived