Patch impact on engineers

Dediggefedde.4961

Today the patch with new sigils and runes came out.Does it have any influence on current engineer Builds in PvE (Open World, fractals, Raids), PvP or WvW?

I only do WvW. The monk rune is now effectively 10% better in outgoing heal.The rune of antitoxine is also interesting... Does it double your condi cleanse?I sometimes run a condition-converter Holosmith in our guild. Now one could go a little more in the PvE-Raid-Direction with condi-holo, use marshall values and antitoxin runes to go insane with cleanse... What do you think about this?

I've been running a conversion scrapper for ages and with pistol/shield, rocket boots, egun and purge gyro, I've naturally gravitated towards condi stats.

Antitoxin is amazing for me now. I've got a metric tonne of condi clear with anticorrosion plating and with purpose from purity. Even crafted myself a new sigil cleansing to go with it :) make that 4 condos converted on swap !

Defender on Scrapper might be decent when running tool kit? (restores 5% of your maximum health when blocking an attack. (Cooldown: 1s)) Both blocks sum up to 20% hp heal.Grove runes: "when struck, create a meadow at your location granting protection, regeneration, and vigor to allies. (Cooldown: 90s)" sound a lot like potential double Hard Light Arena.And ofc the main dish, Sanctuary runes with perma barrier on Scrapper.

@Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:Antotoxin seems too* OP.Reading the patch note it makes sigil of purity remove 2 conditions every 4s ... (compare to sigil of Cleansing (OP too) 3+1 every 9sec), and Trait Transmuter 2+1, healing turret 2+1, prismatic converter 1 or 2+1 ... + the -25% condi duration.This is stupid. It should get a 20sec icd

The traits I use are cleansing synergy+reconstruction+anticorrosion plating+overcharge shield...

I end up with;

Lesser elixir C 2+1Medi gyro 2+1Medi gyro F1 10 (1+1 over 5 pulses)Shield 4 1+1Shield 5 1+1Purge gyro 2+1 (potentially 15 more if it lives long enough)Rocket boots 1 to 3+1Egun.... well, fumigate and a light field.....

And every one in converted into a boon

I feel useful in zergs again XD

@"Zhaid Zhem.6508" said:Reading the patch note it makes sigil of purity remove 2 conditions every 4s ... (compare to sigil of Cleansing (OP too) 3+1 every 9sec), and Trait Transmuter 2+1, healing turret 2+1, prismatic converter 1 or 2+1 ... + the -25% condi duration.

The main fun starts at pulsed cleansing, though.Since Medikit-3, EG-3 and Hardlight-arena with anticorrosion plating are only removing one condition from 5 allies, but multiple times, their cleanses are effectively doubled.So... medikit-3 451=20 cleanses → 851=40 cleanses. EG=551=25 cleanse → 50 cleanses, Hardlight arena 1351=65 cleanse → 130 cleanses.Or do the cleanse on 5 allies count as "cleanses at a time"? then it's still 20 → 25, 25 → 30 and 65 → 78 cleanses.

@Samug.6512 said:Grove runes: potential double Hard Light Arena.Depends on pulses, interval, targets and boon duration.

@"Peutrifectus.4830" said:I've been running a conversion scrapper for ages and with pistol/shield, rocket boots, egun and purge gyro, I've naturally gravitated towards condi stats.Antitoxin is amazing for me now. I've got a metric tonne of condi clear with anticorrosion plating and with purpose from purity. Even crafted myself a new sigil cleansing to go with it :) make that 4 condos converted on swap !

For a roaming build that's also nice. ^^The Problem with Sanctuary, Defender and even anticorrosion is, that in a zerg-setup you still want the healing buff from monk runes. all the new runes are nice, but pretty egoistically (except antitoxin, but there is no heal-modifier there).So, for a zerg-setup as a healscrapper I don't see an alternative for monk-runes.If I want to run a conversion-build with anticorrosion plating, I will likely go to holosmith for the hard light arena and increased CC.

Some new sigils are also nice!For Holosmith-direct-damage builds celerity and intelligence would be nice...But cleansing and absorption are also decently buffed now.Generosity with a 6s-CD is also interesting...Purity might be interesting, too... but does "flanking strike" mean you attack from the side or you attack under the effect of weakness?

The sigil of Celerity doesn't even require you to hit your target with the CC., so you're affected by 5s of Quickness no matter what when you Shockwave. You want to kill or be killed that's one of the best options.

EDIT: The Celerity part was because I technically knocked myself with Overcharged shot.

For a new variant of the holosmith boon converter, I had something like this in mind:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqensTBlIjtbBWWBcJjFDDrPH+DLiipjPw/JMA8X6LA-j1x2ABbpEcQ1fAY/BaOBAO8AAWS5Xe6BIFQRSjA-wPlease keep in mind the constructor is not yet updated.

All most powerful group condi cleanses are there. and since most only remove 1-2 conditions, but pulsed, they will trigger the rune multiple times.a previous build was going berserker and pack runes. However, since condi-engi is doing quite well with the lense and self-detonation, I choose somewhat hybrid damage here. That would at least benefit from the runes. Grieving seems a nice stat for that. Dire for defense. For Full-Condi damage the traits from firearms are missing.I guess you can also choose Sword instead of pistol for the bleeding and quickness.

@Vagrant.7206 said:Rune of speed practically gives you superspeed when you have swiftness on you.

but only in terms of movement speed. if you ran heal-scrapper, all your Super-speed-skills would grant pulsed AoE-Superspeed and trigger your rapid-regeneration healing, which would proc MDF for a buffed passive AoE heal.I'm not really sure this is interesting in any build, since for holo & scrapper superspeed is pretty easy to trait without much loss, while a lot of runes provide better things than vitality and speed-duration.

I can see all the run-away builds now choosing this rune, though. ^^

I tried antitoxin in WvW group content with the power condiconversion holo build. It might be slightly better than dura as it kind of doubles your condi conversion.

Just wondering how the build should be otherwise. I figured wanderer stats + Vision/energy sigils would be nice combo but the damage seems low......... So most likely something like marauder + knight with celerity/energy will still be the way to go.

Condi conversion scrapper could be pretty insane with antitoxin runes.

Expecting lot other of engineer builds to use Cleansing sigil tho as it cleanses 3 conditions now. Pretty big deal for engis.

@EUmad.7645 said:Also sigil of aristocracy with EG can be crazy

I couldn't find this sigil. Do you mean rune? with EG-1 you can get 20 stacks of might, but each second you will also loose 5 stacks if you stop using EG-1. with +20% boon duration in alchemy and +50% might duration in rune, you can easily get to 25 stacks, but even then they are completely gone after 4s doing anything else than applying weakness...

@"guildabd.6529" said:Altruism runes are quite good for engi: equipping mortar kit transfers one condition from allies to yourself with no icd. It procs purity of purpose to them, too.That's a very sharp double ended sword. EG-3 is no self-cleanse and with getting conditions meant for 5 people (but without the resistance the rev has), you have to rely on EG-5, Medikit-3 and cleansing impulse of F1 to save yourself.In a PvP match one could take purge gyro, but in WvW you might easily be overwhelmed by conditions that way...

@"archmagus.7249" said:How about flame legion runes? Power set that Buff burn duration, and bonus damage to burning foes. Combine it with Solar Focusing Lens, and you'd be doing crazy damage plus burning to foes in photon forge. You could reset it by exiting and reentering photon forge.Something like this?http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqanUUBtbh1aB2XBcJjF2C77FkhOA9tx4YdE8DtBCAA-j1BEQBA4BA4U1fIqeCsq8TYnAguqEkF7PAA-w

@"guildabd.6529" said:Altruism runes are quite good for engi: equipping mortar kit transfers one condition from allies to yourself with no ICD. It procs purity of purpose to them, too.I tried it out yesterday... using AND stowing mortar kit triggers the rune. Weapon swap or kit-change from mortar does not trigger the rune. So you are not forced to use it twice, but you can use it in 1s intervals.I used it in an enemy mortar burn field 4 times and got 45 stacks of burning (6k dmg/s without condition power)... So, it's a nice feature, but you should use it wisely and only in the combination of self-cleansers.In medikit-3 swapping to mortar 4 times will double its condition cleanse while you have a good chance to survive drawing 20 conditions on yourself.

I also made a little comparison for healscrapper for monk runes.Compared to altruism, Monk runes give you +10% heal power (+20% for 3s when granting 10 boons). However, Altruism also gives 125 Healing-power more, which is in my case 6%. benevolent oil also increases outgoing healing regarding healing power, which is in this case +1% compared to monk runes.So, in the end, you lose 3% outgoing healing (13% when applying boons) in exchange of a group-condi-clear every second and a stronger self-healing.

@archmagus.7249 said:How about flame legion runes? Power set that Buff burn duration, and bonus damage to burning foes. Combine it with Solar Focusing Lens, and you'd be doing crazy damage plus burning to foes in photon forge. You could reset it by exiting and reentering photon forge.

That was the first thing I did when I saw the new rune stats. From my point of view, the damage increase is good. But I am no expert about dps-efficiency.

Archived