[Bug] Mounts & Mouse Control [Merged]

Killjoy.9213

I have a tendency of using my mouse to control my characters movement with my mouse alone and keep my open hand, my left one, mostly on the skill keys and thumb on the space bar to controle the usage of skills and other general overlay and other non movement based things such as mounts, guild tab, inventory, etc.

However, with todays update, I've noticed that there have been moments where, when moving my character, again nothing other than my mouse, it won't turn when I move my mouse. It'll just keep running straight forward. Only way I can get it to turn is by jumping.

Edit: I've been able to gain fully control of my characters movements is by either going to the character select screen or by completely closing the game.

As An Old who usually uses ASWD to move, I have the corollary problem. Sometimes, particularly after waypointing within the map while mounted, I will try to turn my mount before moving forward, and suddenly I'm back in side-scroller days with my mount haring off to the left or right of my screen while my camera remains fixed. I haven't sent an in-game bug report yet for lack of words to accurately describe it. Ideally, I'd like to get video, but I can't reliably re-create the problem.

Before the patch, you could use a waypoint while mounted and proceed normally after spawning at the new location.

Now you can no longer navigate directionally when doing this. Your mount will just refuse to adjust to the direction you want to go by holding down your right mouse button.

You have to unmount, then mount again to correct this navigational misbehavior.

Archived