Rune and Sigil Changes - 13 November 2018 [Merged]

Gaile Gray.6029

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/november-13-salvage-runes-and-sigils/

Well well well what do we have here

Guess we know why they haven't done anything about a certain Sigil.

This is a lot of stuff to take in, but I'm really liking what I've seen so far. Ogre runes without randomness attached to it (might be viable for many more situations now, having an ally to deal a bit of damage and soak some is immensely useful, now even outside of dungeons?? :P)

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Arden.7480 said:And i still cannot understand what was it all about- I mean why people were so angry with this sigil...

I was very early on the crafting train, so I didn't have to experience prices over 3g mostly. I didn't really have an issue with it skyrocketing as much, I liked how exclusive the armor was because I'm a bit of a jerk.

__

Also note that there are only examples, not a full list of changed runes and sigils. The change to Sigil of Concentration is a big oof imo. from 33% after swap to 10% at all times. Depending on how acquisition has changed it might just drop really hard in price + more builds will struggle with 100% boon duration, which might not be a bad thing. Certainly simplifies it, as you now no longer have to swap before boon spamming.

@Blocki.4931 said:Also note that there are only examples, not a full list of changed runes and sigils. The change to Sigil of Concentration is a big oof imo. from 33% after swap to 10% at all times. Depending on how acquisition has changed it might just drop really hard in price + more builds will struggle with 100% boon duration, which might not be a bad thing. Certainly simplifies it, as you now no longer have to swap before boon spamming.

You mean will be a good thing because 100% boon duration is the leading cause of warped balance across all game modes.

@Blocki.4931 said:

@GDchiaScrub.3241 said:Don't change my sigil of demon summoning.

D:

It will be Sigil of Reliable Demon Summoning! At least I'd hope so.

Rock Dog meta coming in hot though

It'd be fine if such summons accept pet/minion traits more (Death Nova doesn't work while some others do for example). Also it's reliable in a garri fight during reset nights for WvW, since you can get ~5 or so per engagement. Otherwise it's for memes.

D:

@"Randulf.7614" said:Hope these salvage bits will be able to be sold via a vendor otherwise the problem will end up circular

I'm thinking it will be some "rune/sigil dust" or something in multiple qualities, that you can refine like other materials via crafting. So it will be stored in material storage.

@Blocki.4931 said:

@"Randulf.7614" said:Hope these salvage bits will be able to be sold via a vendor otherwise the problem will end up circular

I'm thinking it will be some "rune/sigil dust" or something in multiple qualities, that you can refine like other materials via crafting. So it will be stored in material storage.

I understand that, but it's when the material storage fills up. Will we end up with another auric dust/airship oil problem. If they have a vendor value, then it's problem sorted

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:Hope these salvage bits will be able to be sold via a vendor otherwise the problem will end up circular

I understand that, but it's when the material storage fills up. Will we end up with another auric dust/airship oil problem. If they have a vendor value, then it's problem sorted

This. please Anet...listen.

Prices are already jumping very high! I recommend not buying anything right now unless you really want to have a certain set in hopes it becomes great. It's a week of this, then it will normalize again, or very easy to simply craft it yourself! Personally, since I already have a set of most runes I've stocked up on some and now just wait for the patch to drop. Hopefully this will bring back some theory and build crafting, very exciting to me. Even if it only means that more runes are now more of the same, slightly different flavor. That would make me very happy already.

A guildmate asks: how will low-level characters obtain runes/sigils as they level up and change out their armor? Presumably they'll be able to craft them, but will new players find how to do that obvious? Will low level runes and sigils be craftable and tradeable, so that new characters/players can upgrade equipment through the trading post for a reasonable cost?

I'm pretty pleased with the notion overall, but I share the curiosity about how leveling gear will be addressed.

November 13: Salvage Runes and Sigils.Runes and sigils are becoming salvageable. That’s right, no more minor runes and sigils clogging up your bag space!When runes and sigils are salvaged, they’ll yield a new material called a lucent mote. You’ll also have a chance to salvage rarer materials: symbols from sigils, and charms from runes. Lucent motes can be refined by all crafting disciplines and—along with symbols and charms—used in recipes to create sigils and runes.

Source: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/november-13-salvage-runes-and-sigils/Seriously, thank you for that great improvement! Can delete finishers without typing the name, and now that, thanks so much! <3 :D

@Taelac.7036 said:A guildmate asks: how will low-level characters obtain runes/sigils as they level up and change out their armor? Presumably they'll be able to craft them, but will new players find how to do that obvious? Will low level runes and sigils be craftable and tradeable, so that new characters/players can upgrade equipment through the trading post for a reasonable cost?

I'm pretty pleased with the notion overall, but I share the curiosity about how leveling gear will be addressed.

They'll still be slotted in gear they drop. Low level runes only require 2 to 4 runes to get their effects anyway. Plus gear changes fast enough that you will rarely ever have any effect active. You don't have to buy a new gear set every 5 levels in this game either, so I don't see any issues coming up.

@Blocki.4931 said:

@Taelac.7036 said:A guildmate asks: how will low-level characters obtain runes/sigils as they level up and change out their armor? Presumably they'll be able to craft them, but will new players find how to do that obvious? Will low level runes and sigils be craftable
and
tradeable, so that new characters/players can upgrade equipment through the trading post for a reasonable cost?

They'll still be slotted in gear they drop. Low level runes only require 2 to 4 runes to get their effects anyway. Plus gear changes fast enough that you will rarely ever have any effect active. You don't have to buy a new gear set every 5 levels in this game either, so I don't see any issues coming up.

Crests, medallions, etc are also available, and probably better for low level toons. They drop as level up rewards, so players should realize they exist their first time through.

@Blocki.4931 said:

@Arden.7480 said:And i still cannot understand what was it all about- I mean why people were so angry with this sigil...

I was very early on the crafting train, so I didn't have to experience prices over 3g mostly. I didn't really have an issue with it skyrocketing as much, I liked how exclusive the armor was because I'm a bit of a jerk.

__

Also note that there are only examples, not a full list of changed runes and sigils. The change to Sigil of Concentration is a big oof imo. from 33% after swap to 10% at all times. Depending on how acquisition has changed it might just drop really hard in price + more builds will struggle with 100% boon duration, which might not be a bad thing. Certainly simplifies it, as you now no longer have to swap before boon spamming.

Unless Rune of Leadership gets a +20% and all stats becoming all stats giving another ~3% resulting in a permanent +33% with less effort.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

__

Unless Rune of Leadership gets a +20% and all stats becoming all stats giving another ~3% resulting in a permanent +33% with less effort.

Yeah, I already mentioned to a friend that the way it's written heavily suggests that it's simply less power on that single sigil, but that they will now just have to take the appropriate rune set alongside it.

Archived