Start of Season - Lower quality play

AllNightPlayer.1286

@"SteepledHat.1345" said:People actually wait? How long till the newbies bail? Two weeks? That's a lot of lost time.

Aye it is...I'm confused why people wait though... During the first few weeks with the influx of players, matches are similar skilled, not sure why people want to wait because by this stage it turns into "who has the most plat players, wins"...Maybe that's the tactic I'm missing, inflate my rank by beating people much lower than me and lose less rating when I face much higher players.

MMR soft reset means a lot of matches are going to be based on matchmaking RNG.

Result is top quality matches such as two previous top 200 players with two silver players on the same team. Take a guess how those pan out. Here is a hint:

-enemy team has thief with bp stealth field combo-silver runs to mid-sits mid and wonders why the enemy team isn't there-instantly dies to the stealthball engage-silver blames Naru for not saving him

All Narus fault

BlameNaru

@"Master Ketsu.4569" said:MMR soft reset means a lot of matches are going to be based on matchmaking RNG.

Result is top quality matches such as two previous top 200 players with two silver players on the same team. Take a guess how those pan out. Here is a hint:

-enemy team has thief with bp stealth field combo-silver runs to mid-sits mid and wonders why the enemy team isn't there-instantly dies to the stealthball engage-silver blames Naru for not saving him

All Narus fault

BlameNaru

Finished 140 last season. So far this season placement had me at gold 2. First time I've ever placed that. Had a friend with the same W/L ratio place low plat 1. Absolutely bananas.

Now we get to the quality of the matches. I usually have 4 people always go sack deep in mid and usually die because 1 person over extended and it snowballed. I'm the mesmer so I usually do home portal then go mid. However I always get screamed at because I "wasn't" helping mid. Not sure why they want me to rush a 1v4 but there it is.Now this is where I usually try to at least decap far and force their team to answer to me. My hope is it will force the opposing team into smaller fights since the team fight capabilities have been determined. But instead I get my team chasing 1 person home literally all 4 of them.

Its gonna be a long arse season.

@Master Ketsu.4569 said:MMR soft reset means a lot of matches are going to be based on matchmaking RNG.

All Narus fault

BlameNaru

It's even better the other way around. Dropping a BP and waiting for others to stack but they just run through like they have no idea what's going on. They then proceed to blame the thief for not going close at start and that's why the mid fight was lost.

@Whitworth.7259 said:

@Master Ketsu.4569 said:MMR soft reset means a lot of matches are going to be based on matchmaking RNG.

All Narus fault

BlameNaru

It's even better the other way around. Dropping a BP and waiting for others to stack but they just run through like they have no idea what's going on. They then proceed to blame the thief for not going close at start and that's why the mid fight was lost.

Or people waste the stealth attacking random, different targets each while the thief bursts down enemy necro. End result, fight lost regardless.

I placed gold 2 this season? Never placed that low, and I've been present at the beginning of each season dating back to S1. I thought it was just me, then I took a look at my guilds/contacts list rankings chart. It would seem that 90% of the people I know are riding placements and current rankings about 100-200 points lower than normal.

Odd thing is, I'm not running into too much obvious win trading so, I dunno. Matches just seem wonky.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:I placed gold 2 this season? Never placed that low, and I've been present at the beginning of each season dating back to S1. I thought it was just me, then I took a look at my guilds/contacts list rankings chart. It would seem that 90% of the people I know are riding placements and current rankings about 100-200 points lower than normal.

Odd thing is, I'm not running into too much obvious win trading so, I dunno. Matches just seem wonky.

Placed gold 1 last season, ended in Plat 2.

Think this is the first season it's placed me Plat 2 in the last 6, placement week is always random as shit man, it'll pan out

@RisenHowl.2419 said:

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:I placed gold 2 this season? Never placed that low, and I've been present at the beginning of each season dating back to S1. I thought it was just me, then I took a look at my guilds/contacts list rankings chart. It would seem that 90% of the people I know are riding placements and current rankings about 100-200 points lower than normal.

Think this is the first season it's placed me Plat 2 in the last 6, placement week is always random as kitten man, it'll pan out

Yeah that's usually how it works out, but something feels bogus this season. These gold 2/gold 3 matches I'm getting feel like they are expecting me to carry as hard as when I am plat 2 in previous seasons.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Think this is the first season it's placed me Plat 2 in the last 6, placement week is always random as kitten man, it'll pan out

Yeah that's usually how it works out, but something feels bogus this season. These gold 2/gold 3 matches I'm getting feel like they are expecting me to carry as hard as when I am plat 2 in previous seasons.

Gold 2/3 is the worst, every match seems like a roll of the dice. You can go 20-0 and roll every point, but still lose the match because you have 3 people chasing a sb around with limp dick builds

@RisenHowl.2419 said:

Gold 2/3 is the worst, every match seems like a roll of the dice. You can go 20-0 and roll every point, but still lose the match because you have 3 people chasing a sb around with limp kitten builds

Maybe more people are playing this season. But I agree. Got placed in gold 2. Now up to mid gold 3. And man let me tell you. I never EVER wanna experience a single gold 2 match again in my life

It's pretty fun how people have to experience the gold 2-3 division to finally understand what people argued about for months.

Got placed at 1100 last season and to be fair, silver/gold 1 is ok because most players seemed to share a similar level. Gold 2/3 especially has too many players from every level and is basically completly random. Not to say it's impossible to climb out of it, but it's simply not fun and doesn't involve personnal skill entirely to me.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:yall are masochists. its all about that unranked team deathmatch.

It's all about that ranked deathmatch... Gotta get more Leg armor! And more Marks!

But yea I placed the lowest Ive ever placed this season, been running all games as duo too which is also a first for me but a mate and I don't care for rank, we are both there just to kill people and farm marks.

@"Abazigal.3679" said:It's pretty fun how people have to experience the gold 2-3 division to finally understand what people argued about for months.

Got placed at 1100 last season and to be fair, silver/gold 1 is ok because most players seemed to share a similar level. Gold 2/3 especially has too many players from every level and is basically completly random. Not to say it's impossible to climb out of it, but it's simply not fun and doesn't involve personnal skill entirely to me.

Ya precisely this.

I've been saying this for a very long time, that MMR hell does exist. There is a specific portion of divisions (anywhere between gold2 and gold3) where the games are almost completely random throw of the dice. I recognize pretty much everyone in this thread, and most are all good players, that don't deserve to be in low rating... Some people can get lucky and climb out (or run some super carry build like Mesmer portal), but some can not, simply because you might have one or more players on your team with only 100 games played, playing in gold 2-3 ranked matches because they were placed there.

They say it will "eventually equal out, the bad players will drop and the good players will go up" but because of the mmr hell, there are bad players getting carried too often, and good players that can't carry hard enough to leave the mmr hell.

Do i read right?If your not rated minimal the same like last season, the ranking is broken?

After that some people started to tell how other players react badly at a match and don't realized that this doesn't matter if they adapt the new situation correctly?

Oh and next point will be the MMR is frustrating some players that think they are well, but at least they have to carry? Come one, you don't carry by being better than someone on pushing buttons randomly faster... You carry by knowing to change the game on your favor even if you have to push your mate (on abuse his habits) to a place he can be at least useful enough xD

If you don't know how to so, you still have a random impact that can cost you the game.

At least the game groups 2 teams with close same points, but it can't say you do as well as last time, especially if you don't act every time as well/bad.

Eg.If you have a great day you count as 100pIf you have a bad one lets say that you count 70p.So on rating you on your team your between 70 to 100p.

Sounds not that hard to handle this low differences for a system...

But the difference getting bigger as less you know about what you do -> and such a advance strategy like push a mate to help him being more usefull, already deside if you win or lose.

Can you now imagine how much instability/randomness exist on your actions and how it affects the MMR that try to find matchups on near same rating? Or what it means to the match?

Now to a reset: y, the game try to rate you. But at end you will only notice it if you play well enough to feel differences on players skills. On the middle of the rate it gets frustrating cause there is still too less match-impact to change the game on your favor

Archived