Is MOUNT PACK always listed in 20% off price?

nathaniel.1573

@"nathaniel.1573" said:Just out of curiosity, it's been over a year since the first MOUNT PACK came out.

But from what I see, every time when new MOUNT PACK come out or old MOUNT PACK return, it's always 20% off discount on the price(1600 GEM)...

So has MOUNT PACK ever listed in its original price(2000 GEM)?

They've almost always been sold at a 20% "discount", but at least one bundle gave on return actually been sold at "full" 2k gem price. I can't recall which bundle it was, but I'll search through the Gem Store News thread...

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:They're trying to value that you're getting 5 mounts for the price of 4. Of course that doesn't make sense because direct buy skins outside of packs are valued at 1200 or 2000. They're just making up whatever value they want out of it.

The random skin licenses are 400 gems each. This makes 2000 for 5. Regardless, they do revert to 2000 gems after the sale offerings.

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:I don't (most people don't either) consider that comparable since you don't pick which skins you want at 400 each.

There is no formulation of comparison that everyone will agree to. ANet's spin is: minimum price of a MountFit is 400, so five MountFits have a retail value of at least 2k.

You are free to find that unreasonable, just as I find it unreasonable that a 16 oz fountain drink might cost US$2 and a 32 oz might cost $3, even though the total cost of the ingredients in both is more like 20 cents. That won't change the fact that I can choose to pay $2 or $3 or choose not to have a soda. I'm not trying to minimize how you feel about it. I'm just pointing out that there are lots of valid ways to compare and the only two that matter are: what is the vendor charging and are you willing to pay that.

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

@"nathaniel.1573" said:Just out of curiosity, it's been over a year since the first MOUNT PACK came out.

But from what I see, every time when new MOUNT PACK come out or old MOUNT PACK return, it's always 20% off discount on the price(1600 GEM)...

So has MOUNT PACK ever listed in its original price(2000 GEM)?

They've almost always been sold at a 20% "discount", but at least one bundle gave on return actually been sold at "full" 2k gem price. I can't recall which bundle it was, but I'll search through the Gem Store News thread...

I think it was the Spooky Mounts pack around Wintersday last year.

But yeah, it's a bit of a fallacy to say they're discounted when most of them have never been sold at anything besides 1600 (except the Exo-Suit Mounts which came back at 1200 last time they were promo stock). It's a bit like the Account Bump that says it's a "huge discount" but it represents the individual item values; a limitation of the store interface.

Archived