Rune of vampirism mm open world builds?

XECOR.2814

Isn't enemy killed by minions count as the player kills? If that is so then we have unkillable power core necro/scourge minion mancer build ready to obliterate open world content without any effort. Dont even need to go in shroud on core builds to avoid canceling the healing effect of rune as healing do not apply while in shroud.

@RabbitUp.8294 said:What's the synergy with minions, though? You can just go power reaper instead of relying on minions' low damage.

You will not heal on reaper as inside shroud you dont get healing. Also minions tank the damage and take the agression while clearing condi off of you and bleeding enemies. Mm necromancer ís the og necromancer that everyone thinks of first time playing the game.

Is the focus to make an afk build though? I can't think of any content where I would bother having minions tank for me while also being able to kill many enemies to take advantage of the rune bonus. Or to put it simply, you only need them to tank damage when fighting champions, and that's the time when you are the least likely to take advantage of the rune, unless there are some trash mobs around to kill at the same time. The other thing is that minions don't inherit your power bonuses, so the stats on the runes are wasted.

If managing shroud on reaper is too much of a hassle, I would still go with power scourge over MM. I just don't see the synergy here, if you want to play MM, there are better runes to use.

Is the basis of this thread that minions deal damage to the point that they may kill by themself mobs faster than the out of shroud necromancer can? Honnestly there is little to no point to point out any kind of synergy between minion and rune of vampirism. The runes don't support minions and minions don't do anything for you with those runes that you couldn't do better without them.

If you are trying to obliterate open world content with MM, Rune of the lich definitely seems the way to go. 15% condi duration, 4% condi dmg and a bonus jagged horror that doesn't require you to get hit. I'm assuming the 4% bonus works like rune of renegade or berserker, but lich gives condi duration while those give condi dmg. Haven't done the math but I don't think it'll be that much of a DPS loss factoring in bleeds, blood magic procs and death nova from the jagged horror for some open world build. Curses (parasitic contagion), Death and Blood or scourge. You should never die with this.

If you are so concerned about healing in shroud for a power MM build, get cavalier/crusader gear. Death magic, SR, Reaper + Rise. Stack absurd toughness and % damage reduction effects. Rune of the scrapper to reduce the damage you take because...

@RabbitUp.8294 said:Or to put it simply, you only need them to tank damage when fighting champions, and that's the time when you are the least likely to take advantage of the rune, unless there are some trash mobs around to kill at the same time.

That sums it up perfectly. If you want tanky, don't use vamp runes in open world. Reduce the damage you actually take or up the sustain during fights.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived