Are you excited for Path of Fire? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Are you excited for Path of Fire?

DBZVelena.5186DBZVelena.5186 Member ✭✭✭
edited September 12, 2017 in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Its a poll, you vote to give a limited version of your opinion.

The Splinter Warband [SWB] is looking for both new and experienced roleplayers to join our ranks.
Medium-heavy Charr RP guild with a focus on special operations.
PM if you're interested!
Signed: Alexa SplinterSteel.

Are you excited for Path of Fire? 169 votes

YES!!!!!!
76% 130 votes
No?
10% 17 votes
Cheese.
13% 22 votes

Comments

• Yargesh.4965Yargesh.4965 Member ✭✭✭

They have polls now?
    Thought they wanted to avoid these things due to blatant bias of the majority of them.
    This is fine going to be living in interesting times though.

• Why wouldn't I be. Looking forward to searching the Desert!

• I just found it and tested it out. Figured that this poll would be harmless enough without being tagged spam.

The Splinter Warband [SWB] is looking for both new and experienced roleplayers to join our ranks.
    PM if you're interested!

• Yargesh.4965Yargesh.4965 Member ✭✭✭

@DBZVelena.5186 said:
    I just found it and tested it out. Figured that this poll would be harmless enough without being tagged spam.

Oh yeah, nice change of paces for a poll actually :)

• @Yargesh.4965 said:

@DBZVelena.5186 said:
    I just found it and tested it out. Figured that this poll would be harmless enough without being tagged spam.

Oh yeah, nice change of paces for a poll actually :)

I agree.
    Though some people will hate it, in general its a good feature.
    I'm sure A-net will use it at some point in the future so they don't need to build a whole set of web-pages again when polling the WvW community :P

PM if you're interested!

• Of course I am looking forward to it. Walking in to a hot desert in plate mail, getting sand in places you can't reach sounds like a day at the beach.

• OMG we finally have poll feature, also hell yeah im excited.

• Ya know i love that people have actually voted cheese.

PM if you're interested!

• @DBZVelena.5186 said:
    Ya know i love that people have actually voted cheese.

You could say we all are very CHEESEY!

• Good thing i love cheese. Especially the melted kind.

PM if you're interested!

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

Of course I'm excited for Path of Fire. GW2 is probably my favourite game right now, and I've been wanting to see Elona with GW2 graphics pretty much since launch, so I can't wait for it to be released.

@Yargesh.4965 said:
    They have polls now?
    Thought they wanted to avoid these things due to blatant bias of the majority of them.

I'm glad we've got polls, I've often thought it'd be helpful to have a poll on a topic to provide a concise summary of opinions on a topic. The absolutely can be biased, but then you can always comment without voting, vote and then provide further clarification or start a separate poll with different wording.

"You can run like a river, Till you end up in the sea,
    And you run till night is black, And keep on going in your dreams,
    And you know all the long while, It's the journey that you seek,
    It's the miles of moving forward, With the wind beneath your wings."

• Yeah I guess. I already have so much content to finish as a returning player, so for me personally it's coming way to soon xD But I guess lots of content is nothing to complain about

• @Danikat.8537 said:
    Of course I'm excited for Path of Fire. GW2 is probably my favourite game right now, and I've been wanting to see Elona with GW2 graphics pretty much since launch, so I can't wait for it to be released.

@Yargesh.4965 said:
    They have polls now?

I'm glad we've got polls, I've often thought it'd be helpful to have a poll on a topic to provide a concise summary of opinions on a topic. The absolutely can be biased, but then you can always comment without voting, vote and then provide further clarification or start a separate poll with different wording.

You made an excellent point.
    And I've seen this happen in action on the ESO forums. (which use a forum system suspiciously similar in mechanics. XD )
    But unlike the devs from ESO, A-net actually listens to us (sometimes, when they feel like it.)

PM if you're interested!

• yes I am very excited!! Cant wait

• Who isn't? It's bringing a feature I love in other games, but making it better (mounts). New elite specs and maps is exciting too. I can't wait to explore it all.

• It's cheese, but I still voted yes

• What i'm most interested in is that new guild hall map. Yes mounts are cool, but story is cooler. I and celebrating my birthday party this sunday so i'll have the next weekend free to play. My birthday is September 22 you see. So have to make sure i can play from launch.

PM if you're interested!

• Cheese is yummy. I'm especially fond of well aged cheddar.

What? Wrong cheese?

Don't believe anything you've heard. None of it is remotely close to my actual insanity.

• @LanfearShadowflame.3189 said:
    Cheese is yummy. I'm especially fond of well aged cheddar.

What? Wrong cheese?

Never, i come from the land of cheese (Netherlands) So all cheese is good cheese.

PM if you're interested!

• Razor.6392Razor.6392 Member ✭✭✭✭

Voted cheese. My elite spec ain't looking too hot, but I'll probably buy it anyway.

Never said I'm the best, but I believe I'm better than you.

• I'm excited. We are visiting areas from what is considered the best expansion of the original Guild Wars. My wife and I are always up for new content and seeing what ArenaNet has created.

• TheGrimm.5624TheGrimm.5624 Member ✭✭✭✭

10 days, nuff said.

Envy the Madman his musing when Death comes to make fools of us all.
    De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.
    TheGrimm PoTBS/GW1/WAR/Rift/GW2/MWO/ESO/WoT/WoW/D2/HoTS/CU/AoC

• @TheGrimm.5624 said:
    10 days, nuff said.

Is that your count down, how long you'll take to finish it. or your estimate on how fast people will burn through the content.

PM if you're interested!

• SunTzu.4513SunTzu.4513 Member ✭✭✭

It's a little bit strange to me. The xpac is short before arrival but i'm ain't really hyped or something near to this. It's like, okay let's go to the dessert a vid had told me we must go there so let's do it. I dont get in touch with the final episode of SL3, pre HoT LS and vid gave me much more hype. There is no i can't wait to go there feeling. The new elites looks and feels okayish (What i had tested so far during the stresstests). It's not like, oh cool there is a freaking xpac comming around feeling for me. It's more like the excitement compared to bigger content/balancepatches in other games.

• TheGrimm.5624TheGrimm.5624 Member ✭✭✭✭

@DBZVelena.5186 said:

@TheGrimm.5624 said:
    10 days, nuff said.

Is that your count down, how long you'll take to finish it. or your estimate on how fast people will burn through the content.

10 days till its out, and excited about that. How fast people finish it. I know various types. I figure it will range from 2 days to 2 years. Each to their own. Not planning on rushing thru it though and still have plenty to do in game currently. But looking forward to more alts and see how that mixes things up.

Envy the Madman his musing when Death comes to make fools of us all.
    De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.
    TheGrimm PoTBS/GW1/WAR/Rift/GW2/MWO/ESO/WoT/WoW/D2/HoTS/CU/AoC

• Fenom.9457Fenom.9457 Member ✭✭✭✭

You remembered cheese, but what about potato?

HARRY! DIDYA PUT YER NAME IN DA GOBLET OF FIYAH?!

• @Fenom.9457 said:
    You remembered cheese, but what about potato?

Maybe next poll will have a cheesy potato option. You never know.

PM if you're interested!

• Anela.3867Anela.3867 Member ✭✭✭

I love polls!! Let's vote on everything!!!

• @Anela.3867 said:
    I love polls!! Let's vote on everything!!!

I would but so far, i'm the only one who found the poll option.
    Its hidden by the big red Discussion v button.
    If you click on the V, you get a drop down and it lets you pick what typ of discussion you want to post.
    Polls is one of the options.

PM if you're interested!

• I voted cheese, because I'm kind of neutral in regards to path of fire at the moment.

I'm certainly not hyped for it, but I'm not absolutely trashing it either.

• Donari.5237Donari.5237 Member ✭✭✭✭

@DBZVelena.5186 said:
    Good thing i love cheese. Especially the melted kind.

You're in luck. Deserts are very hot, especially when infested with gods of fire/war. Your cheese is likely to melt.

• @TheOneWhoSighs.7513 said:
    I voted cheese, because I'm kind of neutral in regards to path of fire at the moment.

I'm certainly not hyped for it, but I'm not absolutely trashing it either.

I can understand that. I'm not on any train either. Hype or otherwise. I think its because it feels to me that Arena-net hasn't done a lot of promo work. relying way to much on word of mouth. which does work. But its not better than traditional promoting a game. Just cheaper. Though it might be that A-net blew all their PoF money on making it and now don't have anything for promo work left. XD

Won't stop me from playing the hell out of it once its live though.

PM if you're interested!

• I'm wandering through core Tyria looking at a lot of places and wondering how fun it would be to ride there with the mounts... But before that I get an awesome desert to explore! I can't wait!

• There are some core tyria mastery points that you can only get to by using a mount that i really want to get.
    one is in Orr. If you do elder wood farming, you know which i mean.

PM if you're interested!

• @NagayaX.1904 said:
    I'm wandering through core Tyria looking at a lot of places and wondering how fun it would be to ride there with the mounts... But before that I get an awesome desert to explore! I can't wait!

There's a broken bridge in Brisban Wildlands (northwest-ish of Seanan's Bandits) and it looks like a good place for the Raptor or Springer Mount to be used. I'm really hoping that this might be incorporated into Path of Fire somehow. I guess we'll see.

@DBZVelena.5186 said:
    There are some core tyria mastery points that you can only get to by using a mount that i really want to get.
    one is in Orr. If you do elder wood farming, you know which i mean.

If you're referring to Malchor's Leap Insight: Scavenger's Chasm, that is currently accessible without a mount. If you're looking to get there, you may also be able to find a Mesmer to port you either in the LFG panel or Malchor's Leap map-chat.

• Yes, but I also do like cheese. Preferably on crackers.

I've always wondered what it would be like to go to the mists. It'll be an adventure... - Magister Sieran

• I guess i am excited somewhat, but I was seriously disappointed by heart of thorns which seriously bummed me out in gw2 in terms of storytelling etc. Hopefully pof will be opposite of hot content wise and I will be delightfully surprised

• I voted yes, because I want to ride my raptor and see the new maps. B)

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

I voted "No", because -- even tough I pre-ordered PoF and am hoping for the best -- the demo didn't convince me. Also, there were several things in Season 3 that didn't bode well with me, and I am seeing a trend. Maybe I am wrong. I certainly hope so!

• im still hype but less then before becuse as ranger main soul beast killed the hype for me

• I am looking forward to it. I'm very curious about the mount system and I hope I like it. I'd love to ride mounts and move faster, especially in the Central Tyria maps. I still like to play in those. I really hope they avoid some of the more frustrating aspects about HoT maps. Things like maps that time out (Dragon's Stand) and maps that need story completion and/or meta event completion in order to actually get 100% on the map. I'm also hoping I can solo most of the Hero Challenges on the new maps, too.

• The withdraaaawaaaalllls, I need my "Skales" he needs to be fed at least once per day he is starving with out me :'( need back in PoF! need back in PoF! <3 <3 I am soooo hyped for PoF! Can't wait to see how the changes made from Free Preview & Stress Tests altered what we will get, not to mention the rest of the content to play. Expect that the loot drops will go down a bit, they always seem higher in Beta's / Free Previews. I can't wait to see where in the world the maps line up with the rest of Tyria. Going to be loads of fun! We've hired a Juvenile Tyrian sitter for our munchkins and as a late B-Day gift my wife is taking the day off so we will be up bright and early =)

• Tandruill.1096Tandruill.1096 Member
    edited September 13, 2017

I am absolutely excited for the holosmith. Can't wait to Play it.
    So YES!

• Ceridwen.6703Ceridwen.6703 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 13, 2017

I had to vote Cheese. I'm not so excited it requires an all-caps mad YES!!!, nor am I unmoved by the prospect which a "No?" would indicate. Despite initial reservations, I went ahead and pre-purchased, simply because I like the mount concept, and despite the fact I hate desert/wasteland/bleh terrains, I want to get exploring those place I couldn't get to in the stress tests. If you'd asked if I was specifically hyped for the story, or for elite specs, I would be in the no camp. But as it is, I'd own to a low-level politely interested excitement. So, Cheese.

"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Steve R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

• 9 days until its the 22nd. Prob 10 days until Europe can reasonably play. Since i thing they'll prob not set servers live until they are ready in the office. Meaning around 8 to 10 pm in the evening here in Europe.

PM if you're interested!

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.