Bring back Ricochet

Turk.5460

I think its time for our quarterly request to return Ricochet to the game. I'd like to see it used in Zerg fights in WvW, and I don't think it would break PvE any more than the current AoE of other professions does. Perhaps they can make it so skills like Body Shot or Head Shot cannot ricochet to avoid unhealthy interactions with things like Panic Strike and Impacting Disruption?

• Like 1

I think you are greatly overestimating how many reflects/projectile destroys are brought to zerg fights. Warrior and Guardian bubbles are generally the only thing you have to worry about.Replacing Ankle Shots would be most logical. Adding its effect to Ankle Shots would be too much.

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:I just want it back because it was a fun trait, and now rifle exists pistols can be repurposed into bouncy bullets without hurting purity of purpose etc. Bumpity bump bump.

If it weren't for that Trait I don't think I ever would have discovered WvW, which is now the only game mode I play. It's silly, I know, but here's how it went:

• Decided to level up Thief
  • P/P w/Ricochet - bullets everywhere - this is fantastic!
  • P/P forever! Now I want Quip to be extra obnoxious
  • Enter WvW for the first time for Gift of Exploration
  • Never leave WvW

@Turk.5460 said:

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:I just want it back because it was a fun trait, and now rifle exists pistols can be repurposed into bouncy bullets without hurting purity of purpose etc. Bumpity bump bump.

If it weren't for that Trait I don't think I ever would have discovered WvW, which is now the only game mode I play. It's silly, I know, but here's how it went:
  • Decided to level up Thief
  • P/P w/Ricochet - bullets everywhere - this is fantastic!
  • P/P forever! Now I want Quip to be extra obnoxious
  • Enter WvW for the first time for Gift of Exploration
  • Never leave WvW

I shamefully admit I first entered WvW as a double bow ranger in december 2012, absolutely no clue what I was doing xD

@Turk.5460 said:I think you are greatly overestimating how many reflects/projectile destroys are brought to zerg fights. Warrior and Guardian bubbles are generally the only thing you have to worry about.Replacing Ankle Shots would be most logical. Adding its effect to Ankle Shots would be too much.

Revenant Ventari bubble is a staple.

Improving Ankle Shots, our only pistol trait, to trade strength for utility is a good idea.The trade being that you can't pick Practice Tolerance for increased damages.But it'll make it too similar to Shortbow to just replace Ankle Shots with Ricochet.

@Turk.5460 said:I think you are greatly overestimating how many reflects/projectile destroys are brought to zerg fights. Warrior and Guardian bubbles are generally the only thing you have to worry about.Replacing Ankle Shots would be most logical. Adding its effect to Ankle Shots would be too much.

Simple WvW rule:

If a projectile based build becomes dangerous enough to make a difference, then it becomes automatically useless because people will bring extra projectile hate.

It is simply not possible for a Projectile build to shine in wvw.

If its bad then nobody cares.If its good then everyone will bring easy counters.

Is there even a class thats meta and doesn’t have a anti Projectile option?

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Simple WvW rule:

If a projectile based build becomes dangerous enough to make a difference, then it becomes automatically useless because people will bring extra projectile hate.

If its bad then nobody cares.If its good then everyone will bring easy counters.

Having the option doesn't mean it's going to be brought to the fight. And since projectiles currently aren't strong enough to warrant a counter - you're not going to see Scourges drop a well or ToA to bring CPC or Guardians changing to drop their other group utility to include Sanctuary or WoF...

Ricochet wouldn't warrant those professions to change their utility setup, either.

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Simple WvW rule:

Honestly the average enemy sees I'm deadeye and then spams reflects and projectile blocks, totally ignoring the fact I'm killing them with S/P. From a small scale point of view, I don't think it'll matter much xD

@Turk.5460 said:

Simple WvW rule:

Having the option doesn't mean it's going to be brought to the fight. And since projectiles currently
aren't
strong enough to warrant a counter - you're not going to see Scourges drop a well or ToA to bring CPC or Guardians changing to drop their other group utility to include Sanctuary or WoF...

Ricochet wouldn't warrant those professions to change their utility setup, either.

"Having the option doesn't mean it's going to be brought to the fight"

Of KITTEN course not..... Did you read what i posted?--> I F <---

You want ricochet back so you can use it in WvW.Which means its either completely useless and nobody would play it OR it would be so good that everyone would simply bring Counters to it.

There is absolutly no way to bring that trait back and make it usefull in WvW zerg fights.

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

Simple WvW rule:

Honestly the average enemy sees I'm deadeye and then spams reflects and projectile blocks, totally ignoring the fact I'm killing them with S/P. From a small scale point of view, I don't think it'll matter much xD

Projectiles in roaming = Good.Projectiles in zergfights = Realy Realy Bad

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Simple WvW rule:

Having the option doesn't mean it's going to be brought to the fight. And since projectiles currently
aren't
strong enough to warrant a counter - you're not going to see Scourges drop a well or ToA to bring CPC or Guardians changing to drop their other group utility to include Sanctuary or WoF...

"Having the option doesn't mean it's going to be brought to the fight"

Of KITTEN course not..... Did you read what i posted?--> I F <---

You want ricochet back so you can use it in WvW.Which means its either completely useless and nobody would play it OR it would be so good that everyone would simply bring Counters to it.

There is absolutly no way to bring that trait back and make it usefull in WvW zerg fights.

Simple WvW rule:

Projectiles in roaming = Good.Projectiles in zergfights = Realy Realy Bad

Not sure you understood, I was saying the average player reacts to the class rather than what they're actually being hit with, like a ranger spamming stone signet vs a condi thief.

@"Isle of Stars.3049" said:From what I can recall, a dev once mentioned that Ricochet will never be coming back due to the RNG nature of the bullet once it bounces on the target.

Trait - Expanding Pellets

"Pistol shots now shatters when it hit the target, dealing cone damage"

there are other bouncing projectiles in the game i dont think its such an issue.if the RNG is an issue one could make it the nearest (unique) target.

@MUDse.7623 said:

@"Isle of Stars.3049" said:From what I can recall, a dev once mentioned that Ricochet will never be coming back due to the RNG nature of the bullet once it bounces on the target.

Trait - Expanding Pellets

"Pistol shots now shatters when it hit the target, dealing cone damage"

there are other bouncing projectiles in the game i dont think its such an issue.if the RNG is an issue one could make it the nearest (unique) target.

My thoughts exactly, even our Shortbow 1 has a bounce nature and yet it's still there.