Charms and symbols how do i get them?

Gustaff.6581

I really dont know how to get a charm or a symbol

I salvage green gear with a mystic salvage kit, got a bunch of motes, no runes, even when the chance to get them is 80%I salvage green gear with black lion salvage kit (what a waste), get a bunch of green runes.

I salvage these runes with black lion salvage kit, got a bunch of motes, no symbols or charms.I salvage the runes with a mystic salvage kit, again, got a bunch of motes and no symbols or charms.

So

does rune rarity increases the chance to get a charm or symbol?does the salvaging kit increases the chance to get a charm or symbol?

Drop rates are listed here:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/60378/salvage-rates-on-runes-sigils-type-of-kit-doesnt-matter

@Conqueror.3682 said:I salvage green gear with a mystic salvage kit, got a bunch of motes, no runes, even when the chance to get them is 80%The chance to get them isn't 80%. The text on salvage kits has never been better than misleading and it doesn't seem to be updated for this patch. See the link above for actual rates.

I salvage green gear with black lion salvage kit (what a waste), get a bunch of green runes.Even if you have 500 BL kits, I wouldn't waste them on greens.

I salvage these runes with black lion salvage kit, got a bunch of motes, no symbols or charms.The kit does not matter for salvaging runes & sigils directly.

I salvage the runes with a mystic salvage kit, again, got a bunch of motes and no symbols or charms.The kit does not matter for salvaging runes & sigils directly.

does rune rarity increases the chance to get a charm or symbol?Yes. Majors are 2x more likely than minors; supers are 4x more likely than minors. But that's 1.9, 3.9, and 9 charms|symbols per one hundred upgrades salvaged.

does the salvaging kit increases the chance to get a charm or symbol?No... and yes.

• No for direct salvaging of runes & sigils; kit doesn't matter.
  • Yes for salvaging gear; kit does matter. A lot. Master/Silver-fed/Mystic doubles the amount of symbols|charms compared to Basic/Copper-fed, but the rate is 6 per one thousand for basics, 12 per thousand for master.

Ok, so from what i read, it doesnt mater the kit i have to salvage the rune/sigils directly, but the kit does matter to salvage the gear.

And about this

The chance to get them isn't 80%. The text on salvage kits has never been better than misleading and it doesn't seem to be updated for this patch. See the link above for actual rates.

Then what is thediference between a mystic salvage kit and a crude salvage kit now? just a diferent chance to get rarer materials?

@"Conqueror.3682" said:Then what is thediference between a mystic salvage kit and a crude salvage kit now? just a diferent chance to get rarer materials?The most important difference is that mystic kits have a greater chance to drop ecto from rares of L68 and up, compared to lesser kits. There are also differences in the distribution of mats (e.g. how many T5 vs T6 wood from L80 staffs), but the differences are too small to make up for the greater costs.

Since Tuesday's patch, however, there's now a notable difference in the amount of upgrade-related materials. Whether that's enough to make it worthwhile to use the higher-tier kits or not is "to be determined" in my opinion.

@Conqueror.3682 said:Ok, so from what i read, it doesnt mater the kit i have to salvage the rune/sigils directly, but the kit does matter to salvage the gear.

And about this

The chance to get them isn't 80%. The text on salvage kits has never been better than misleading and it doesn't seem to be updated for this patch. See the link above for actual rates.

Then what is thediference between a mystic salvage kit and a crude salvage kit now? just a diferent chance to get rarer materials?

While the numbers have been... dubious, at best, there have absolutely been a difference in upgrade retrieval between the salvage kits.

@Conqueror.3682 said:I really dont know how to get a charm or a symbol

I salvage green gear with a mystic salvage kit, got a bunch of motes, no runes, even when the chance to get them is 80%I salvage green gear with black lion salvage kit (what a waste), get a bunch of green runes.

I salvage these runes with black lion salvage kit, got a bunch of motes, no symbols or charms.I salvage the runes with a mystic salvage kit, again, got a bunch of motes and no symbols or charms.

So

does rune rarity increases the chance to get a charm or symbol?does the salvaging kit increases the chance to get a charm or symbol?

For the blanket part: read patch notes, salvage kits (except black lion) don't yield runes/sigils anymore.

@"Odinens.5920" said:Anet - "Look everyone! We changed it so you can now craft all these runes/sigils!"Me - looks at the 2 symbols I got from salvaging close to 100 runes/sigils "When? In 2 years when I have enough mats to make a full set?"

Before the patch, you would copper-fed salvage 500 pieces of upgraded-masterwork gear to get 100 minor runes/sigils, worth a total of 19 silver. The 2 symbols you got fomr the equivalent 100 runes|sigils are worth a total of 70s to 4 gold.Before the patch, you could spend years waiting for just the right drops to get the runes/sigils you want. Now, every drop contributes a little towards any/every upgrade option, either via crafting or because you can sell the salvage for more coin.

Archived