Sigil Crafting Element-Symbol Mismatches

Cirian.8917

I'm assuming that the Symbol used to craft a sigil should match its Element, so e.g. the Superior Sigil of Cleansing, which is of Element type "Control", requires "Symbols of Control" to craft. I also assume that when you salvage these sigils, you'd get a chance to salvage Symbols of Control back from them. That makes sense, right?

So, looking in the crafting list, I'd always expect a sigil's element to match the symbol type required to craft it. Assuming that to be so, there are some mismatches that I'm now going to assume are bugs.

These are:

• Sigils of Cruelty - Element: Enhancement, but crafted with Symbols of Control.
  • Sigils of Bounty - Element: Control, Symbols: Enhancement.
  • Sigils of the Stars - Element: Control, Symbols: Enhancement.

I'm also going to query Sigils of Force, which is Element: Enchancement, whereas all other +damage sigils are of Element: Pain.

Here's one I missed, thanks to Ojimaru.8970 for finding it:

@"Ojimaru.8970" said:It has come to my attention that there may be a number of runes and sigils that have their Elements (Pain, Potence, Enhancement, etc.) mislabeled.

For example, Superior Sigil of Icebrood Slaying is currently labeled as a "Control" Sigil. Not only is this an inconsistency with other Sigils of Slaying, which all have the "Pain" element instead, salvaging the above Sigil will indeed yield Symbols of Pain, instead of Symbols of Control.

Edit: It would seem that other mislabeled Sigils and Runes have been identified in this other bug thread by @"Cirian.8917" :https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/60515/sigil-crafting-element-symbol-mismatches

Okay, so for candidates that need moving over to the Element: Pain set we now have:

• Sigils of Icebrood Slaying
  • Sigils of Force

(I haven't checked runes at all by the way, only sigils)

edit: I'm going to put these sigils of dubious elements into another thread since it's a separate type of bug from the original crafting mismatches.edit 2: ok, the thread for "sigils and their element" is over here -> https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/60772/sigil-elements-vs-what-they-do

Archived