Prevent players from switching before match starts and more

Hex.2579

I like to PvP and I hate to see people raging and stuff. But it's a competitive game mode. One way or the other, there'll be salt. However, I'd like to see it improve and I hope Anet to take a look at.

1st. Can you make it so that nobody be able to switch during the start of the match? I feel that it's unfair for new players and players who aren't fluent on more than 3 classes. They'd just get what counter them on the enemy team instead. And it's really meh. Why do you even q with a toon when you just want that specific profession to spawn just so you can get something to counter it. I mean it when i say it. Cuz I used to do that a lot.

2nd. For the love of God. If you prevent people from switching, or fix matching system, they can't spawn with 2-3 of the same professions. It depends on professions, it could be an overkill. I can't get the 3-scourges match and even 4-scourges match out of my head from last night ranked matches. I can deal with them fine but my teammates not so much. How can you possibly clean condis fast enough when there are 4 of them?Scourges are really not OP. I say it cuz i main necro. I can kill it on any class given. But putting them together is making a broken gameplay for others.If match matching puts 5 people of different classes against 5 different classes on the other team, now that's the match I'd like to play. And I'm sure to use what we got to out play enemies or die trying. But at least have a good time and not one sided matches, that when you spawn in, you already know which team is going to win.

Thoughts?

@"Hidden.5946" said:Would this be considered match manipulation or exploiting the system?

It's not cuz Anet "allows" it. As long as you can swap toons in and out at the start of the match, cuz they let you, what exploit, what manipulation, you know. But cuz of that, it's broken af.

@shippage.1983 said:This is true.

If I want a free win I will queue ranked as an Ele and then swap to an actual viable class. The matchmaking usually matches me against another Ele, which essentially makes it a 4v5 before the game even begins.

Tempest Aura share / FB / Necro is a sold mid comp, the 3 cover each others weaknesses and boost each other heavily..

@sephiroth.4217 said:

If I want a free win I will queue ranked as an Ele and then swap to an actual viable class. The matchmaking usually matches me against another Ele, which essentially makes it a 4v5 before the game even begins.

Tempest Aura share / FB / Necro is a sold mid comp, the 3 cover each others weaknesses and boost each other heavily..

lol. That's really not a thing. It's either weaver or FA ele. Both are subpar, and I'd prefer to fight one over any other class because they're free farm. I just got placed plat 2 from doing this. Ele still makes less of an impact then any other class right now.

@Hidden.5946 said:

Would this be considered match manipulation or exploiting the system?

For this to be considered an exploit, you would need to consider that fighting an Ele is an objective advantage and that's a whole different conversation, which good luck proving that argument. It's more of an issue that you're allowed to swap at all.

Half the time I get matched against an Ele that just immediately swaps as well because they're doing the same thing.

@shippage.1983 said:

lol. That's really not a thing. It's either weaver or FA ele. Both are subpar, and I'd prefer to fight one over any other class because they're free farm. I just got placed plat 2 from doing this. Ele still makes less of an impact then any other class right now.

Would this be considered match manipulation or exploiting the system?

For this to be considered an exploit, you would need to consider that fighting an Ele is an objective advantage and that's a whole different conversation, which good luck proving that argument. It's more of an issue that you're allowed to swap at all.

Half the time I get matched against an Ele that just immediately swaps as well because they're doing the same thing.

Not in my games...

Tempest has its place

This discussion comes up every so often. And the answer is always Locking profession is simply a bad idea. It boils down to players knowing more about builds and counter-builds and being far quicker to adapt than any rigid system ANet could ever realistically implement. If there was locking and even matching, people would still complain that "matchmaker lost the game since it gave me 0 supports," etc.

At least the People in ur Team seem to Change to classes cuz they intend to win and not cuz they wanna troll each other..got a nice matchup yesterday with 1 nec/mes/war/fb/ranger.. actually we started with 3 ranger and got wracked cuz those shot emselfs down by hitting the reflection of enemy fb

There are often similar threads, like this one. I'd second your request, but unfortunately it seems that most of the players like the current system (although it makes quite pointless then to complain when the matchmaking doesn't choose a good combination).The only thing that sweetens the pill, it's that on the long run, you'll have more or less the same "swappers" also in your team. But yes, opponents or teammates, it's not funny to fight very uneven battles.

Archived