Spellbreaker Tether Issue

Ovark.2514

This trait is thematic considering the Spellbreaker is optimized for melee combat considering the daggers it has. This trait, while thematic and useful on the surface, is never played the way it was intended. Spellbreakers ALWAYS deliberately put distance between themselves and their foe in-order to trigger the pull CC. If this trait is to make sense and be played as intended, one or several things need to change.

@Ovark.2514 said:

@tinyreborn.1938 said:How about to take away 21 might /10% damage bonus and nerf to hell unintended instant tether on sword f1 without actually hitting?
  • Probably belong to warrior forum

I think the pvp forum is appropriate enough. The issue is not the might gain and damage, but the pull when the enemy didn't try to flee.This issue for you only . Easy self 25 might always the problem

@Ovark.2514 said:This trait is thematic considering the Spellbreaker is optimized for melee combat considering the daggers it has. This trait, while thematic and useful on the surface, is never played the way it was intended. Spellbreakers ALWAYS deliberately put distance between themselves and their foe in-order to trigger the pull CC. If this trait is to make sense and be played as intended, one or several things need to change.

I am no Einstein, but if the warrior moves in the opposite direction shouldn't you move in the direction of the warrior to avoid being pull?is it too hard to press AWSD keys to move your character? If that is too hard maybe Anet needs to remove that trait and instead the warrior gets pulled towards you to make your life easier.

@Hitman.5829 said:

@Ovark.2514 said:This trait is thematic considering the Spellbreaker is optimized for melee combat considering the daggers it has. This trait, while thematic and useful on the surface, is never played the way it was intended. Spellbreakers ALWAYS deliberately put distance between themselves and their foe in-order to trigger the pull CC. If this trait is to make sense and be played as intended, one or several things need to change.

I am no Einstein, but if the warrior moves in the opposite direction shouldn't you move in the direction of the warrior to avoid being pull?is it too hard to press AWSD keys to move your character? If that is too hard maybe Anet needs to remove that trait and instead the warrior gets pulled towards you to make your life easier.

Pretty much this. Even playing class with inferior mobility you can counterplay this behaviour.I think there is no need to be that salty tho, also making warrior being pulled towards target could be considered as additional leap.

@Hitman.5829 said:

And if youre a holo just run away and drag him with you ?

Seriously though: Stability.

What I want to know is if proccing tether without actually making any physical contact with the opponent is a bug or intended? You should have to hit your opponent to actually proc it, why is this even a thing Anet?? There is no counterplay to it. The warrior can simply just f1 and insta stow 300 units away from you to proc tether and prevent you from stealthing, disengaging, let's not forget they gain a sheer amount of might and damage multipliers. This has been in the game for a long time, why am I not seeing threads about this issue? Just make the damn thing proc on actual contact and call it a day ffs

@allias.1420 said:What I want to know is if proccing tether without actually making any physical contact with the opponent is a bug or intended? You should have to hit your opponent to actually proc it, why is this even a thing Anet?? There is no counterplay to it. The warrior can simply just f1 and insta stow 300 units away from you to proc tether and prevent you from stealthing, disengaging, let's not forget they gain a sheer amount of might and damage multipliers. This has been in the game for a long time, why am I not seeing threads about this issue? Just make the kitten thing proc on actual contact and call it a day kitten

Its clearly a bug. If u miss initial cast ,any contact with flurry strikes apply tether . But have unintended behaviour as instatether (also notice u dont get AH proc from insta tethering aka using it without actually hitting enemy, if I recall correctly) . Hence why I said its need a fix

@"allias.1420" said:What I want to know is if proccing tether without actually making any physical contact with the opponent is a bug or intended? You should have to hit your opponent to actually proc it, why is this even a thing Anet?? There is no counterplay to it. The warrior can simply just f1 and insta stow 300 units away from you to proc tether and prevent you from stealthing, disengaging, let's not forget they gain a sheer amount of might and damage multipliers. This has been in the game for a long time, why am I not seeing threads about this issue? Just make the kitten thing proc on actual contact and call it a day kitten

As I see it the skill applying immobilize counts as it hitting the target, like an effect with no power damage coefficient that immobilizes a target.

Kind of how the elementalist skill Frozen Ground applies chilled without "striking" the target.

@LaGranse.8652 said:

@"allias.1420" said:What I want to know is if proccing tether without actually making any physical contact with the opponent is a bug or intended? You should have to hit your opponent to actually proc it, why is this even a thing Anet?? There is no counterplay to it. The warrior can simply just f1 and insta stow 300 units away from you to proc tether and prevent you from stealthing, disengaging, let's not forget they gain a sheer amount of might and damage multipliers. This has been in the game for a long time, why am I not seeing threads about this issue? Just make the kitten thing proc on actual contact and call it a day kitten

As I see it the skill applying immobilize counts as it hitting the target, like an effect with no power damage coefficient that immobilizes a target.

Kind of how the elementalist skill
applies chilled without "striking" the target.Im pretty sure ,like 99.9% Adrenal Healing doesnt get proc'd after u insta immob interrupt flurry . So you actually didnt hit your target to deserve AH proc so why you should get tether ? You hit immob ? Cool , now get tether only upon a hit only

@Hitman.5829 said:

Spellbreakers have access to leaps, gs3, 5, and superspeed. They WILL get far enough away to pull you whether you like it or not 90% of the time. One way to solve this issue would be to only have the pull activate if the tethered player is not facing the warrior when going out of range.

Why would a warrior ALWAYS do that though? It has its uses but in most cases during a fight (especially 1v1) you're just giving the opponent free pressure if you run away. Even a warrior running tether really wants to keep its opponent in melee range. If you're running Strength warrior then it's even less viable since you want to optimize endurance regen for Reckless Dodge spam. Also the pull isn't even reliable, sometimes the opponent will be pulled outside of melee range or even Shield Bash range and a good player won't even blow a cooldown because they know you don't have a follow up. It's still best used to punish other melee classes for using movement skills, like Whirlwind or Infil Strike.

@Ovark.2514 said:

Spellbreakers have access to leaps, gs3, 5, and superspeed. They WILL get far enough away to pull you whether you like it or not 90% of the time. One way to solve this issue would be to only have the pull activate if the tethered player is not facing the warrior when going out of range.

Well that is what you deserve for kiting the warrior and trying to get away from him. If you want to get away and kite the melee class don't expect mercy when the warrior just walks back and pulls you because you were too far away kiting him. I do that all the time, people just want to kite and kite the melee warrior for ages by going as far as possible from melee range. All I do is back pedal till they get pulled for trying to abuse kiting against a pure melee class.

Additionally, all classes have access to leaps, use them and move in the same direction the warrior is moving if you dont want to get pull.

@Hitman.5829 said:

Well that is what you deserve for kiting the warrior and trying to get away from him. If you want to get away and kite the melee class don't expect mercy when the warrior just walks back and pulls you because you were too far away kiting him. I do that all the time, people just want to kite and kite the melee warrior for ages by going as far as possible from melee range. All I do is back pedal till they get pulled for trying to abuse kiting against a pure melee class.

Additionally, all classes have access to leaps, use them and move in the same direction the warrior is moving if you dont want to get pull.

It's used to stop an opponent from kiting, and is generally followed up with gs3. So get someone low, when they run for los, sb runs for the opposite direction to keep them on point with pull, gs3 to reengage. It stops someone effectively kiting the sb, which is often the only way to fight a sb who uses their insane evade/block/invuln uptime to deny you attack windows.

Tether is quite possibly the most telegraphed CC in the entire game.-don't let the W put too much distance between you-don't blow your stunbreaks while tethered-pop stability-don't get hit with the burst skill in the first place

I have no idea why people are complaining about this simple CC that has clear tells and counterplay options while other things like near perma every boon exists.

@Ovark.2514 said:Wow it's almost like no one read my initial post. I was not complaining about the trait as far as whether it's too strong or not, I was simply pointing out the disconnect between how the devs (seemingly) intended the tether to be used and how it is actually used.

So you honestly believe that Anet never thought that 1 warrior might actually run the other way to enable the CC, in a game built around PvE and break bars?

Archived