What if Ventari utilities were it's own skills when tablet is not out?

Knighthonor.4061

I had an idea for improving the gameplay of Ventari a better make it more useful in multiple game modes.

Heal) Project Tranquility creates the Tablet

Elite) Energy Expulsion destroys the Tablet

These two skills would be used to jump between Tablet mode and non tablet Ventari skills sort of like a more complex Engineer kit.

The Tablet skills function as is, which is a more outputting support focused themed . The Ventari skills would feature a combo of self heals, Barriers, CC and defense. Making it an option for non support builds to have a use of the Ventari legend, which by proxy grants the class as a whole more Build diversity as well.

@Dace.8173 said:It might be doable. The question becomes, is taking Ventari away from healing actually going to make it good? Unless Salvation was changed to accommodate a kit style Ventari, I don't see it as a worthwhile venture.

Not necessarily. It can provide cc or defense that mesh well with other Specialization like Retribution.

while engi kit is 1 activation skill. you suggest two.... ???!!! why

maybe the elite should be the activation and deactivation.i would combine the heal skill with the elite one.EE - create a tablet which burst heal and proc regen to nearby allies (change skills while tablet is on). press again to destroy the tablet and KB enemies around it and remove 5 conditions from allies and spread fragments around it. cd should be 5 sec

heal skill without tablet - burst heal around you and blind nearby enemiesprotective solace without tablet - form a protective shield around you which block attacks for 3 sec. after successful 5 blocks it explode and kb nearby enemies
natural harmony without tablet - collect nrg and increase all your attributes by 250 for 5 sec.purifying essence without tablet - collect nrg and spread regen, protection and vigor to nearby allies for 5 sec. heal allies by number of boons they have. 500 healing per boon

Id rather wanna see instant resummoning after elite use and special gm traits that interact differebtly on the tablet.Like rooting the tablet while upkeep but increasing its range and target cap or making the tablet bound to the user but removing the mobility of the tablet.Ventari could have been very ibtwrestibg atm its rather one dimensional. It needs more diversity in forms of CC, boon support and anti CC support.

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:I wish they would add some mobility to the kit. If there was a fourth legend skill I would happily swap out Protective Solace for a dash or leap skill of some sort. For the Legendary Centaur Stance, it sure is slow.

It's an ArenaNet conspiracy to keep our centaur brethren down i tell you! People are constantly shouting about how they can outrun a centaur!

On a serious note :p , the "kit" idea is pretty interesting. It might be nice to have all the current skills in the "kit" and some movement/personal defense/cc with tablet stowed. But it seems unlikely to result in anything good, as i imagine the heal/support capabilities would have to be downgraded to compensate. Which might not end up as bad as i suspect, but it's easier to just add more (soft)cc/personal defence etc. through the Salvation traitline. Less risk of destroying the identity of Centaur Stance.

Although i am always up for a more OP Ventari. :+1:

@messiah.1908 said:

maybe the elite should be the activation and deactivation.i would combine the heal skill with the elite one.EE - create a tablet which burst heal and proc regen to nearby allies (change skills while tablet is on). press again to destroy the tablet and KB enemies around it and remove 5 conditions from allies and spread fragments around it. cd should be 5 sec

heal skill without tablet - burst heal around you and blind nearby enemiesprotective solace without tablet - form a protective shield around you which block attacks for 3 sec. after successful 5 blocks it explode and kb nearby enemies

natural harmony without tablet - collect nrg and increase all your attributes by 250 for 5 sec.purifying essence without tablet - collect nrg and spread regen, protection and vigor to nearby allies for 5 sec. heal allies by number of boons they have. 500 healing per boon

You right. I like a lot of your ideas, but I would add some of my own to this.

So Elite Creates the Tablet (when in Ventari Mode) and also Destroy the Tablet (when in Tablet mode)

While in Tablet mode it works as currently does.

As for Ventari skills:

Skill 6) Soul of Nature-

Channel the Peace Love and Harmony Healing yourself and nearby allies as your channel this energy.Activ. type: ChanneledInitial Self Heal: 3,000Area Heal(5x): 600Number of Allied Targets: 5Duration: 8sRecharge: 30s

Skill 7) WoodbarkShield yourself with bark from the great tree, blocking attacks and granting barrier to nearby allies while damaging incoming attackers.Duration: 5sBarrier: 2000Retaliation: 3sNumber of Allied Targets: 3

Skill 8) Vine SurgeSend out a wave of Vines, pulling the target to you and entangling them with spiny thorn rootsDamage (2x): 300Cripple: 4sTorment: 5sWeakness: 4sRange: 750

Skill 9) Seed of the Pale Treeimplant a Seed into the enemy that will nurture itself and healing nearby allies until it exposed to the light, blossoming and knocking down the enemy.Damage: 400Pulsing Area Heal: 350Pulses: 4Seed Duration: 8 secondsKnockdown: 2 seconds

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

You right. I like a lot of your ideas, but I would add some of my own to this.

So Elite Creates the Tablet (when in Ventari Mode) and also Destroy the Tablet (when in Tablet mode)

While in Tablet mode it works as currently does.

As for Ventari skills:

Skill 6) Soul of Nature-

Channel the Peace Love and Harmony Healing yourself and nearby allies as your channel this energy.Activ. type: ChanneledInitial Self Heal: 3,000Area Heal(5x): 600Number of Allied Targets: 5Duration: 8sRecharge: 30s

this skill is almost same as renegade heal skill.maybe 1000 heal for 5 sec each pulse blind

Skill 7) WoodbarkShield yourself with bark from the great tree, blocking attacks and granting barrier to nearby allies while damaging incoming attackers.Duration: 5sBarrier: 2000Retaliation: 3sNumber of Allied Targets: 3

sound again like jalis theme. with varrier and retaliation.only block is fine . can be also stun break

Skill 8) Vine SurgeSend out a wave of Vines, pulling the target to you and entangling them with spiny thorn rootsDamage (2x): 300Cripple: 4sTorment: 5sWeakness: 4sRange: 750

nice idea

Skill 9) Seed of the Pale Treeimplant a Seed into the enemy that will nurture itself and healing nearby allies until it exposed to the light, blossoming and knocking down the enemy.Damage: 400Pulsing Area Heal: 350Pulses: 4Seed Duration: 8 secondsKnockdown: 2 seconds

my concept is when you have the ventari skill without a tablet the focus more on self sustain and thinking about shiro/ventari concept or renegade/ventari

You said it could provide CC and some other things that Retribution has. But what's the point if we actually have Retribution?We don't need 1 spec doing things that is other's job. I think Ventari could use some gameplay adjustments to make it more fun, but it should definitely stay as its is im terms of utility. Its role iż healing and removing conditions + soft protecting your allies.

I like the idea od having different skills in tablet mode and without it. This could be great but I don't see 8 different support skills in 1 class that are all useful.

IF Jalis, Renegade and Mallyx would get proper adjustments we could have very very cool combos with Ventari.

1. Ventari + Jalis - Healer that provides a lot of ally protection and CC.
  2. Ventari + Mallyx - Healer that is able to control conditions, pull them, cleanse them or copy to foes.
  3. Ventari + Renegade - Healer that provides buffs to the group + some extra might and scen more Alacri

Ventari needs to stay as close to support as it is. And that unarguable. Revenant needs more ways to mix legends that actually do something. Shiro was always ANet's favorite and I want to see other legends having that strong theme execution.

If you want to see my version of Jalis, take a look here.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/60081/jalis-retribution-and-hammer#latest

Interesting ideas, but I am doubtful that they'd ever give us 3-4 more skills just for one legend. Still a fun concept though.

Do you all think this would be too OP of an addition to Selfless Amplification?:"Increase your outgoing healing by a percentage of your healing power. Your Legendary Centaur Stance skills trigger at your location as well, but do not affect you. Allies can only be affected once per skill."

This would effectively increase the target cap to 10. For WvW perhaps it could cement a more solid spot in a squad for Ventari Rev since 1 in a group would have a significantly greater impact. It would also make it more reliable since it would all be PBAoE for 5 allies.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

@Dace.8173 said:It might be doable. The question becomes, is taking Ventari away from healing actually going to make it good? Unless Salvation was changed to accommodate a kit style Ventari, I don't see it as a worthwhile venture.

Not necessarily. It can provide cc or defense that mesh well with other Specialization like Retribution.

True.

@"DonArkanio.6419" said:You said it could provide CC and some other things that Retribution has. But what's the point if we actually have Retribution?We don't need 1 spec doing things that is other's job. I think Ventari could use some gameplay adjustments to make it more fun, but it should definitely stay as its is im terms of utility. Its role iż healing and removing conditions + soft protecting your allies.

I like the idea od having different skills in tablet mode and without it. This could be great but I don't see 8 different support skills in 1 class that are all useful.

IF Jalis, Renegade and Mallyx would get proper adjustments we could have very very cool combos with Ventari.

2. Ventari + Mallyx - Healer that is able to control conditions, pull them, cleanse them or copy to foes.
  3. Ventari + Renegade - Healer that provides buffs to the group + some extra might and scen more Alacri

Ventari needs to stay as close to support as it is. And that unarguable. Revenant needs more ways to mix legends that actually do something. Shiro was always ANet's favorite and I want to see other legends having that strong theme execution.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/60081/jalis-retribution-and-hammer#latest

That's the thing. Ventari Tablet only has one main heal and condition controller.The other skills are defensive or CC.

The original staff from alpha had defensive focus with healing option. Current staff is somewhat like that as well with less healing than defense.

Ventari non Tablet skills should still provide healing but also defense. You ask why pick Dwarf if you can get retaliation on Ventari. That's because they would compliment each other. A Dwarf/Ventari build would be feasible as a working build. Or other combos since Ventari provides another way to play that doesn't synergize with other Legends like it currently does. Ventari would become a legend that mesh well with other Legends and can be specs to heal better if you take Salvation and stack Heal Power to make heals better. My idea didn't take the heals away. In fact it made the heals better, but with more ways to play defense and CC.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

@"DonArkanio.6419" said:You said it could provide CC and some other things that Retribution has. But what's the point if we actually have Retribution?We don't need 1 spec doing things that is other's job. I think Ventari could use some gameplay adjustments to make it more fun, but it should definitely stay as its is im terms of utility. Its role iż healing and removing conditions +
soft
protecting your allies.

IF
Jalis, Renegade and Mallyx would get proper adjustments we could have very very cool combos with Ventari.

That's the thing. Ventari Tablet only has one main heal and condition controller.The other skills are defensive or CC.

The original staff from alpha had defensive focus with healing option. Current staff is somewhat like that as well with less healing than defense.

Ventari non Tablet skills should still provide healing but also defense. You ask why pick Dwarf if you can get retaliation on Ventari. That's because they would compliment each other. A Dwarf/Ventari build would be feasible as a working build. Or other combos since Ventari provides another way to play that doesn't synergize with other Legends like it currently does. Ventari would become a legend that mesh well with other Legends and can be specs to heal better if you take Salvation and stack Heal Power to make heals better. My idea didn't take the heals away. In fact it made the heals better, but with more ways to play defense and CC.

I totally get your concept of Ventari, but my point is that Jalis is meant to be defense and CC legend. Don't take away his personality for the sake of upgrading a single legend. It's Jalis' job to CC people down and protect them (I know that his current stay is really meh). That's what he was designed for. I think that Ventari could use a little more mobility because if Jalis + Ventari are to compliment one another, one of them needs that mobility tool. Superspeed, Swiftness burst or a simple ONE TIME position swap with your Tablet.I'd like to see Ventari beeing that combat medic. If Druid is able to have 2 evades/dashes at once (on being heal burst) why wouldn't Ventari have it too?Tablet is a concept that can be expanded in many great ways and I'm curious which ones. The thing is, I don't want Ventari itself to be that Firebrand 2.0.

Archived