Are seraph stats worth looking with Firebrand?

MichalAniol.5807

i don't think it's a good set of stats.

sure, it gives you healing power and concentration, but, you don't get any vitality or toughness. likewise, the base damage of all your attacks is going to be piss-poor, meaning you only have conditions for damage. Seraph's might be a good set to mix and match, but, as a full set? i don't think it's very good.

I've tried it myself and came to the conclusion that it is terrible at basically everything except boon duration because it's the same conc as Minstrels and company. Healing power is a minor stat so basically doesn't exist and main precision is pointless. You'd honestly get more out of Harrier's and running a boon build using hammer with writ for damage.

@MichalAniol.5807 said:I gathered seraph set and I'm trying to figure out a build around it. It has no problem with quickness spam, but I am afraid it's gonna have low dps. Anyone using this stat set in their build?

A standard Griever Firebrand does about 20% of his damage from Direct damage and the rest of it would be from condi. If you go full Seraph, you probably take that condi damage to about 1/3 to 1/4 of what it was before. That'll cost you about 15% of your overall damage compared to a full DPS setup. You get about 42% boon duration in exchange for the lost damage and some healing that may or may not be useful to you.

You might lose the power stats, but condition damage will be very close to the dps setup. Qt's build uses Viper, and Seraph has the same amount of condi damage, while you don't need any expertise to max your burning duration. So, all you really lose is one Sigil (Geomancy or Bursting, since you will be using Smoldering instead), and a tiny amount of damage from your bleeds having only base duration.

@RabbitUp.8294 said:You might lose the power stats, but condition damage will be very close to the dps setup. Qt's build uses Viper, and Seraph has the same amount of condi damage, while you don't need any expertise to max your burning duration. So, all you really lose is one Sigil (Geomancy or Bursting, since you will be using Smoldering instead), and a tiny amount of damage from your bleeds having only base duration.

That's basically what I did - first version of the build was going with axe+shield/hammer and traited for bigger and longer symbols cause I wanted to do more supportish build with protection and other boons uptime while dealing some decent dps. I went with full seraph set (weapons too) 3/6 trinkets were seraph, rest was viper cause I miss some trinkets yet. Rune of Firebrand - for expriments (can change to balthazar). In open pve it doesn't have much problems, only fights start slow. Boon-wise it's a nice set but when I hit golem.... 9k dps was as much as I could pull off on realistic (in my opinion) buffs. Although I am not familiar with testing techniques.

Basically, this: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNAneSnsADFDhFBDOCDkCjF+BLrJkj+BYBgZQRYPj+RPpA-jhiAQBgUpD0OBADVJIAeAAZ4IAIUlR2c/BfqPAoq/0vDBAA-e

Mantra of Lore is more for a open world pve (to cleanse myself quickly). - can be changed for Signet of Wrath, also traitlines for a bit more dps., and Firebrand rune for Balthazar.

Any advice will be more than nice. I don't want to put seraph set to trash just yet since I have second one, full viper.

I play the same build in wvw and pve and i have seraph rings and accessories and a mix of shaman/celestial/dire. I find them to be very nice in combination with firebrand runes and consumables for extra concentration.I mostly played the events in bloodstone fen and i find it superfun to play support/damage versus the champions there. from time to time i actually feel that i am carrying the zerg, Especially when people make comments on the amount of quickness they had during the fight.

Sure i dont do top damage but its great fun standing in the aoe ressing 3-5 people while pumping out regen, quikness, condi cleanse, ashes of just and aegis.

Tbh pve never have been this fun before and imo it is the combination of boon uptime and the amount of condi damage i have.

Yeah, well in open world pve everything is viable but I was hoping for some more raid oriented support build to come up with seraph stats. I took this build in T4 fractals and it worked pretty well if you know what are you doing cause sometimes it felt very squishy. I am gonna wait for somebody else to make a hybrid build (support and decent dmg) cause I am tired of playing either only dps or magi druid.

Full Griever to Full Seraph costs you about 16% DPS. For that DPS loss, you end up with 42% boon duration, which allows you to put out more quickness. For some additional lost DPS, you can swap to Feel My Wrath and a concentration sigil (dropping bursting) and end up doing a lot of quickness. Where those tradeoffs make sense or not really depends on your group and what you're trying to do as a full squad.

I use it on my condi guard build, just 2 pieces, but basically rest vipers and hit burning cap so filled in with seraph to get extra boon duration for perma quickness. Yes I know it's possible to do without that boon duration but it's easier and better coverage with it. Not meta or anything just something fun I wanted to do.

Archived