Server's Full

Hello GW players !I just bought GW2 and was trying to log in , but the Server my friends are on Is Full the whole day, and before you tell me servers only matter for WvW , i know but the thing is i want to be able to Play every aspect of the game with my friends.Is there a way to join a full server ?Thank you for your help! :)

No. Server population is determined only by WvW population (and that population is determined over months' averages), and is changed only at resets/match-ups/re-links.

Here is a Dev quote on the matter:

1. World sizes are based on WvW play hours and players. People who do not play WvW, or are guests, do not factor into the population size of a server. If a world is locked, it is because it has a larger population than our “Full” threshold.https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/wuv/Transfers-Links-and-Population-Data/first#post6664495

• 4 months later...

Really bad system when you can not get guild mates or friends on the same server. Our guild recently came back was on a locked server moved off of it for find out five weeks later we are on another locked server. Low pop servers are a bad choice for WvW zero chance we would go to a low pop server, the server we moved too was marked as high, in five weeks it went from High to Very High now Full.

I have already paid once to move, since I have started this game on release day I have moved a total of six times. The few dollars they make from these transfers are nothing compared to the players they never get because of them. Bad system that keeps people from returning and new players joining thus making less money and fewer players. Our guild forums already have old members that are stuck, paid to get all the new stuff can't join our guilds server. Also makes it very hard to advise any of my old friends to come back as they are on the wrong server with no way to move. I do not understand why a server should be locked that has servers linked to it for WvW, unlink them open the servers up and stop trying to make a nickle while losing dollars.

@Bee.9217 said:Really bad system when you can not get guild mates or friends on the same server. Our guild recently came back was on a locked server moved off of it for find out five weeks later we are on another locked server. Low pop servers are a bad choice for WvW zero chance we would go to a low pop server, the server we moved too was marked as high, in five weeks it went from High to Very High now Full.

I have already paid once to move, since I have started this game on release day I have moved a total of six times. The few dollars they make from these transfers are nothing compared to the players they never get because of them. Bad system that keeps people from returning and new players joining thus making less money and fewer players. Our guild forums already have old members that are stuck, paid to get all the new stuff can't join our guilds server. Also makes it very hard to advise any of my old friends to come back as they are on the wrong server with no way to move. I do not understand why a server should be locked that has servers linked to it for WvW, unlink them open the servers up and stop trying to make a nickle while losing dollars.

Don't worry, all Servers are going to be removed, most likely. Of course, then it will be Alliances, but unless a player(s) insists on playing in a certain Alliance, a Guild can form its own Alliance, and all members can join.

@Bee.9217 said:Really bad system when you can not get guild mates or friends on the same server. Our guild recently came back was on a locked server moved off of it for find out five weeks later we are on another locked server. Low pop servers are a bad choice for WvW zero chance we would go to a low pop server, the server we moved too was marked as high, in five weeks it went from High to Very High now Full.

So ANet's supposed to let a server become overstacked and risk having that server have long queue times? And you end up still not being able to play with your guild mates anyway because every guild is waiting for their group to all get into WvW.

@Seera.5916 said:

I have already paid once to move, since I have started this game on release day I have moved a total of six times. The few dollars they make from these transfers are nothing compared to the players they never get because of them. Bad system that keeps people from returning and new players joining thus making less money and fewer players. Our guild forums already have old members that are stuck, paid to get all the new stuff can't join our guilds server. Also makes it very hard to advise any of my old friends to come back as they are on the wrong server with no way to move.
I do not understand why a server should be locked that has servers linked to it for WvW, unlink them open the servers up and stop trying to make a nickle while losing dollars.

So ANet's supposed to let a server become overstacked and risk having that server have long queue times? And you end up still not being able to play with your guild mates anyway because every guild is waiting for their group to all get into WvW.

So you missed the part of unlinking full servers that I put in bold in the first post. A server should not be full to transfers that is linked with another server for WvW is my point exactly.

@Bee.9217 said:

I have already paid once to move, since I have started this game on release day I have moved a total of six times. The few dollars they make from these transfers are nothing compared to the players they never get because of them. Bad system that keeps people from returning and new players joining thus making less money and fewer players. Our guild forums already have old members that are stuck, paid to get all the new stuff can't join our guilds server. Also makes it very hard to advise any of my old friends to come back as they are on the wrong server with no way to move.
I do not understand why a server should be locked that has servers linked to it for WvW, unlink them open the servers up and stop trying to make a nickle while losing dollars.

So you missed the part of unlinking full servers that I put in bold in the first post. A server should not be full to transfers that is linked with another server for WvW is my point exactly.

And maybe it wasn't full when the relinking happened and it became full since then.

Archived