What's with this if you play condition mez your a....

Vieux P.1238

Mainly for pvp or WvW i guess.What's with this if you play condition your a trash lazy scrub? How many times a day you hear that? I mean there's not many choices for us mesmers. In fact Two main choices. Power or Condi. & Both still takes an amount of skil's to direct, target & combine multi keys to combo. I don't call this a brain dead class. You can play Chrono/mirage power build using the same basic GS 1 shot interrupt that's been there for ever. Or you can go Condi & with a few more Hybrid option's. There's no Phantasm build or anything else. So what are the option do we have? Do we condi & get call out for it or do we all go 1 shot ppl with a power build & still have them complain about how op it is? .

@Anela.3867 said:Ignore them and play what you want. For some reason they think if you aren’t exactly like them and their little buddies, then you MUST be bad. You pick the build that’s right for you and that’s the build you will be best at.

Worst part is that a lot of them complaing about it is that they playing a condi trash build on there own class. & cries out when they lose what they think is an ez win.

After playing both variants for the first time I must say power needs way more skill to play, you usually run full zerk with some mara and zero toughness and even a noob dh with traps can oneshot you if you fail one evades.

If you play instead full condi dire/trailblazer mirage on wvw you can afford many and many mistake and still win, but it's a noob stomper build, the more your enemy is noob, the more it shines. But it works even on good players without condi cleansins, you can't do much against it without cleansing, you simply will die to condis.

After playing full condi trailblazer myself I had to switch because of the boring spammy playstyle it has, I won quite a bit of 1vs2 and some 1vs3, but it wasn't that rewarding at all like winning them with power or hybrid with zero toughness.

All I know is when facing a power mesmer or a pure condi mesmer, the power mesmer is always the bigger threat and can't be ignored, whereas you can build to ignore condi.

Edit - just seen Cellofrag's new video, can only imagine the impact of some of these gear changes in wvw. So much for Anet reigning in power creep. xD

if you're power you're a macro abusing waste of skin

if you're trailblazer condi you're obviously too bad at the game to play anything else

if you're glass condi then you're still running vitality/toughness and bad and the class is broken

what do you expect, healthy discussion?

@"Dethl.2875" said:if you're power you're a macro abusing waste of skin

if you're trailblazer condi you're obviously too bad at the game to play anything else

if you're glass condi then you're still running vitality/toughness and bad and the class is broken

what do you expect, healthy discussion?

lol, so true. Even a zero-trait core mesmer using one offhand while in underwear is no-skill cheese. xD Let's face it - a flash of purple and even a single non-damaging condition landing = OP!NERF!!1!NOSKILLCONDINOOB!!1 And then they get 100-0 in half a second by a power mesmer.

Also chaos storm (cough "rng") aegis is OP.

@Ansau.7326 said:The culprit of the whispers:U play mes, ur bad wit cheese.I have been whispered almost exactly that by a spellbreaker that literally required 3 of us to bring him down. Because it was impossible to punch through his passive healing alone. And he was entirerly built around doing damage with full counter.

But yeah mesmer is the cheese.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Ansau.7326 said:The culprit of the whispers:U play mes, ur bad wit cheese.I have been whispered almost exactly that by a spellbreaker that literally
required
3 of us to bring him down. Because it was impossible to punch through his passive healing alone. And he was entirerly built around doing damage with full counter.

But yeah mesmer is the cheese.

Yeah people complain of mesmer evades when a spellbreaker can maintain a rotation of 2 dodges + 1 extra energy sigil, plus shield5 block, plus passive endure pain, plus active endure pain, plus gs3, plus full counter every 10 secs and again you have already 2 dodges recharged due to dodge food and or signet of stamina and might makes right, and you can rotate again into shield5, passive and active endure pain etc. etc.

On top of that if the spellbreaker even run passive stab, you have to proc and wait for it too, because if you don't CC a warrior out of stab you won't kill him.

But people call cheese power mirage with under 2k toughness which dies bye a single arcing slice xD.

The most optimal hyrbid roaming builds for Mirage are....really rather easy to play because they don't suffer the same pitfalls of pure condi (people can just ignore you with enough cleanses) and pure power (you will instantly die to a Deadeye). But they're certainly not lazy builds to play. There's no passive damage immunities to allow the game to cover you when you make a massive mistake and there's a lot of skills to use in quick succession to really get the most out of it.I'd say my Ranger/Soulbeast builds are far far lazier. 7-9K Longbow auto-attacks from the safety of a nearby hill? Yep, I do those.

@Levetty.1279 said:There is a post on the front page of reddit where a Necro eats a full condi mirage burst, then uses a skill with full confusion stacks on and then negates the burst with just a heal. This was supposed to show how OP Mirage was.No that's not what he did. Watch the video again!

A luckily precasted Spectral Walk saved him, otherwise the mirage would have destroyed him in 1,5 seconds (which is about the time he needs to cast his heal) without any chance of counterplay (stack of 20 confusion burried under 5 cover conditions).

That Walk+heal combo is doable every 40 seconds when traited and needs heavy prediction (=skill). In that amount of time the condi mirage can burst at least 3 times while having superior disengaging utility. It's a onesided fight by definition.

@topicHybrid and condi mirage is (next to oneshot-deadeye and condi-daredevil) the easiest and safest playstyle in the game - I tried all of them by myself.

30 minutes of practise and you are untouchable and counter a way too much variety of builds for the minimal risk you take. If you feel weak or balanced on these builds you just suck in videogames and are nowhere near the skill-cap.

Power mirage as a healthy amount of counters. It never has been overpowered (up to now).

@KrHome.1920 said:

@Levetty.1279 said:There is a post on the front page of reddit where a Necro eats a full condi mirage burst, then uses a skill with full confusion stacks on and then negates the burst with just a heal. This was supposed to show how OP Mirage was.No that's not what he did. Watch the video again!

A luckily precasted Spectral Walk saved him, otherwise the mirage would have destroyed him in 1,5 seconds (which is about the time he needs to cast his heal) without any chance of counterplay (stack of 20 confusion burried under 5 cover conditions).

That Walk+heal combo is doable every 40 seconds when traited and needs heavy prediction (=skill). In that amount of time the condi mirage can burst at least 3 times while having superior disengaging utility. It's a onesided fight by definition.1) an evade timed on 4 torch burst = more than half the condi evaded. (skill is there, not in walk+heal combo.).2) the mesmer burn near all his CD here, assuming he is running portal, he didn't have any cleanse up, you put chill or cripple on it and he die in the next 3 seconds.3) a necro who is goldlike in teamfight isn't supposed to walk alone, neither to 1v1 mes who have near 0 tool in teamfight. (and even with this postulate, nec can still win duel versus mes with a right placed condi burst.)Then we can compare with other class but with the reactivity the nec show, most meta class should eat him in less than 4 sec. (and walk is useless versus thief/rev.)

@topicHybrid and condi mirage is (next to oneshot-deadeye and condi-daredevil) the easiest and safest playstyle in the game - I tried all of them by myself.30 minutes of practise and you are untouchable and counter a way too much variety of builds for the minimal risk you take. If you feel weak or balanced on these builds you just suck in videogames and are nowhere near the skill-cap.Yes I feel weak in the current meta, teach me how to play better than thoses who play in final ATs,mAT and are the most killed class please M. pro.

@KrHome.1920 said:

That Walk+heal combo is doable every 40 seconds when traited and needs heavy prediction (=skill). In that amount of time the condi mirage can burst at least 3 times while having superior disengaging utility. It's a onesided fight by definition.

@topicHybrid and condi mirage is (next to oneshot-deadeye and condi-daredevil) the easiest and safest playstyle in the game - I tried all of them by myself.

30 minutes of practise and you are untouchable and counter a way too much variety of builds for the minimal risk you take. If you feel weak or balanced on these builds you just suck in videogames and are nowhere near the skill-cap.

Power mirage as a healthy amount of counters. It never has been overpowered (up to now).

I'm just glad that core necro can fight these condi/hybrid mirages by taking unholy matyr, consume condition, plague signet, cleansing sigils, plague sending, off-hand dagger, staff and two dodges.Yep I actually do roam with all those equipped just because of the existence of condi/hybrid mirages.8 condi management tools just to fight them...geez.

Because doing something like roaming in WvW on condi mirage is ezmode, in most 1v1 matchups you can literally play a bit worse than the opponent you face and still win, then on top of that it is pretty easy to disengage (not thief level, but still) if you are losing. So it is one of the classes bads flock to for things like roaming because it not only carries them in most fights, but also lets them run away much of the time. (To be clear I am not saying everyone that plays it is bad)

And just to be fair that applies to varying extents to most things that have been popular for roaming in WvW over the life of this game, though granted mostly not to the level of condi mirage. I mean I know a player who used to roam on mes/chrono that simply quit the game a couple of months after PoF, because he was so disgusted at how faceroll he found roaming on mirage to be.

In PvP I kill mirage with coremes. What is op with mirage ?Ambush ? If he use it offensively he can't run away when things goes bad. Moreover it's pretty easy to got out of clone ambush by just running if he use IH, particulary in WvW.Damaging while evade ? When you get used to fight war with 3k umblocable evade, mirage isn't a problem at all.Axe ? Axe is on the top telegraphied attack actually and is far to have a 100% hit ratio on mobile target.

Okay okay, I got it. It's not just that I have written in the mesmer forum, which is full of biased players. It's also the US forum whose playerbase is generally weaker than what you run into in EU. I bet 99% of the people posting in this thread have never fought a highly skilled condi mirage player.

Beating mirage on core... sure, that says everything about the mirage player and proves my point.

@KrHome.1920 said:Okay okay, I got it. It's not just that I have written in the mesmer forum, which is full of biased players. It's also the US forum whose playerbase is generally weaker than what you run into in EU. I bet 99% of the people posting in this thread have never fought a highly skilled condi mirage player.

Beating mirage on core... sure, that says everything about the mirage player and proves my point.

I would say I doubt 99% of players in the forums have ever fought a highly skilled player and understood what happened to realise how high the skill ceiling really is in GW2. I was lucky enough to fight Helseth for an evening in unranked while he was prepping his fresh account for the elo hell videos, it was an eye opener.

Learning Mirage people tend to start with condi as its a lower risk, higher reward class and a low skill requirement to use.

I mained a condi mirage in both PvP and WvW and in PvP, maintained high gold, mid platinum ranks (iirc finished near mid platinum). Ran a Axe/Torch, Scepter/Torch build

WvW was no different. I was 2v1'ing / 3v1'ing more often than not (to the point i got very very kocky). Ended up dropping it as a guildie wanted a DPS build made for them. Bought DPS gear and thoerycrafted one that I enjoyed myself (Valk/Marauder Axe+Torch and Greatsword). Changed to that. Fun build and not as mind numbingly easy or spammy as my old condi build.

Been running the DPS build ever since.

Condi Mirage is a great "noob friendly" build, perfect for learning the class mechanics. I personally poke fun of those that keep using it, however its usually in jest as I used it before so I know how easy it is. This is why I say "Those that can't Mirage properly, play condi". I didnt know how to play it properly, hence I used it as it was ez mode so it was perfect to use.

Mu k/d however fighting vs them leans toward my side, however there are some that do surprise me. Doesnt change the fact it's a noob build due to the skill required for the reward.

But this is just my opinion. I do enjoy fighting them however to help sharpen my battle awareness and help my tunnel vision.

@"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:Condi Mirage is a great "noob friendly" buildThe most important part is that it's the only viable option in PvP. At equal skill, you don't kill other roaming spec with power.(And versus high level rev, putting condi pressure on them is the best option for your team.)

perfect for learning the class mechanics.Not really, learning class mechanics aka illusion generation and shatter is better on core than in mirage where ambush are a specific gameplay.

I personally poke fun of those that keep using it, however its usually in jest as I used it before so I know how easy it is. This is why I say "Those that can't Mirage properly, play condi". I didnt know how to play it properly, hence I used it as it was ez mode so it was perfect to use.It's not about what is easy or not but about what is efficient or not when we talk about high level PvP. If power or tank or whatelse is more efficient (even if there is hard learing curve), then you shouldn't see condimirage in top 100/finalAT/mAT. It's not the case.Then easy or not, a mirage who rollface his keyboard will get powned in less than 5 sec versus a mirage (or any other meta build) who time his skills.Trying to make player who use the bests tools options currently available feel guilty with the argument : "I farm 1vX noobs with it" so it's just a noob things is the worst noob reasoning I ever see. On every build, everyone can farm 1vX noobs (last time I was in WvW(2 month ago.) I do the same with powercoremes.).Play power/tank/signet/whatelse if you want but don't make generality concerning player who use 100% of their class potential.

And in WvW, power has always been a strong option. (and for many players it's probably easier to put a 3k gs ambush at 1200 range than to come in mele to condi burst.).

Archived