Ban and gold confiscated for being RMT trolled ... — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Ban and gold confiscated for being RMT trolled ...

Sapinzeus.1932Sapinzeus.1932 Member ✭✭
edited November 15, 2018 in Account & Technical Support

Hi,
2 days ago, someone sent me a lot of gold by mail... I reported it and didn't take the gold in the mail... I posted a ticket on in-game support needing advice on how to deal with that situation.
Result: 5min ban (ok that's nothing) but all my gold is gone... (gold from the gold seller are still in my inbox because that's the only proof I've got ...)
I contacted support on GW2 website and saw the "warning ticket" for RMT breaking rules... They didn't want to hear anything, didn't want to take any proof of the fact that I've been trolled by someone else.
And now they just said to me that they don't want to hear about me anymore... return the mail but I will not get refunded of anything...
I saw on Reddit that I'm not the only one in that situation ...
Can I do something to prove I'm innocent of what they accuse me?
Have a nice day/night


Sapinzeus

Comments

  • Sapinzeus.1932Sapinzeus.1932 Member ✭✭
    edited November 15, 2018

    Last answer of support : https://imgur.com/gallery/gcXhl3x

  • Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

    you done all you can bud wait for senior gm

  • Ask for your ticket to be escalated to a senior staff member. And wait patiently.

    Meanwhile:

    • Take a screenshot of the mail.
    • Press the 'report' button to report the mail.
    • Return to sender
    • Under no circumstances should you accept the gold.

    None of us here can do anything, because we (a) aren't going to have all the facts (we don't even have all of your side of the story, let alone any of ANet's data) & (b) even if we did, we can't influence ANet's actions. If they made a mistake, their lead will figure it out. If it's more complicated than implied here, then the lead will do their best to explain, in general terms, why they acted as they did. (They won't be able to be too specific, to prevent scammers from getting details that allow them to game the system.)

    "Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

  • Sapinzeus.1932Sapinzeus.1932 Member ✭✭
    edited November 15, 2018

    I take a screenshot of everything. I report the mail, the sender, posted a ticket on in-game support (before the ban and "warning") and on GW2 web service (after) BUT I will not send back the mail with the gold sent because the support said that they will not refund me and that's the only proof I have (account name, gold still in it because I don't want to touch it). So? I'm guilty of something I've never done and I get confiscated my golds ... in any way they don't want to here my point at any moment. (I'm perfectly aware of scammers can use intel of people that experience the same thing ... so I will not tell anything publicly nor the gold amount I received nor the amount I lost ... I just can say that I lost less than the gold in the mail ... so if I wouldn't be honest I could take it and get 200 golds easy... ).

  • Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

    The same thing happened to some other guy, you just have to wait. Nothing will be taken away from you

    Smugly chuckling forever.
    My sentence doesn't make sense? Well, I probably forgot to write half of it before posting.

  • Sapinzeus.1932Sapinzeus.1932 Member ✭✭
    edited November 15, 2018

    (Yeah I saw that on Reddit)
    I hope so ... I just don't want that to happen to any other player of the game... my only concern is about the support's last message: "any further responses regarding this issue will be closed without further work" ... and for my financial situation: they already confiscated all my golds (I'm nearly at 6 golds now ... reward for 2 raids and 1 daily).
    Friends playing the games are a little worried about things like that happening to them ...
    For now, the only answer I have to their nervousness is to spam their mail inbox with empty mail so they can't receive a mail like the one I received (and all the problems resulting from it...).

  • Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 16, 2018

    @Sapinzeus.1932 said:
    Last answer of support : https://imgur.com/gallery/gcXhl3x

    Maybe there are some language barriers causing the problem?

    Clearly, the support staff member who responded to your ticket is German, yet you keep communicating in imperfect English with them. Your response does not clearly state which gold you are referring to when you asked to have it returned: the amount sent to you via mail or the gold you had accumulated from playing the game.

    Perhaps you should try again in German.

  • Do be aware: There is no such thing as in-game Support tickets, only in-game Bug Reports that clearly state will not be responded to (on the Bug Report window). Those reports go to QA, not the Support Team.

    To keep in mind in the future. Good luck.

  • Sapinzeus.1932Sapinzeus.1932 Member ✭✭
    edited November 16, 2018

    @Ashantara.8731 the only problem is here: I don't speak German at all and I'm not a native English speaker myself so yeah the problem could be a language barrier ... the only thing I wanted was to communicate to explain my point with "my broken English".
    @Inculpatus cedo.9234 thanks I will keep that in mind ... but if they keep log of everything they could see that I contact them before being "warn" and not the opposite.

  • @Sapinzeus.1932 said:
    Hi,
    2 days ago, someone sent me a lot of gold by mail... I reported it and didn't take the gold in the mail... I posted a ticket on in-game support needing advice on how to deal with that situation.
    Result: 5min ban (ok that's nothing) but all my gold is gone... (gold from the gold seller are still in my inbox because that's the only proof I've got ...)

    I'm pretty sure that your mistake is right here. The recommended procedure is:

    • Receive the mail (OK, you don't have a choice about this, but the process begins here.)
    • Report the mail in-game.
    • Return the mail to the sender.
    • Do not delete the mail. Do not keep the mail. Above all, do not take the gold from the mail.

    You don't need to keep it around as "proof". It's all logged on the servers, so they will know what you did with it. Leaving the mail in the in-box makes it look like you want to keep it.

    @Biff.5312 said:
    Exercise your whimsy.

  • ProtoGunner.4953ProtoGunner.4953 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I would just have returned it and done with it. Maybe report the dude. I wonder why you received the gold. Maybe some gold seller confused your name with a different account's name?

  • @ProtoGunner.4953 said:
    Maybe some gold seller confused your name with a different account's name?

    Apparently, some people buy gold from gold sellers, but give a not-their-own account as the receiver in an attempt to get that other account suspended for RMT. That's why it is critical to just report the sender and return the mail without taking the gold out of it.

    @Biff.5312 said:
    Exercise your whimsy.

  • Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Sapinzeus.1932 said:
    @Ashantara.8731 the only problem is here: I don't speak German at all and I'm not a native English speaker myself so yeah the problem could be a language barrier ... the only thing I wanted was to communicate to explain my point with "my broken English".

    I am very sorry. I assumed you were German because of the GM's German name. How come you ended up with the German support team then when you are not located in the region? Truly strange.

  • Sapinzeus.1932Sapinzeus.1932 Member ✭✭
    edited November 16, 2018

    @Ashantara.8731 said:

    @Sapinzeus.1932 said:
    @Ashantara.8731 the only problem is here: I don't speak German at all and I'm not a native English speaker myself so yeah the problem could be a language barrier ... the only thing I wanted was to communicate to explain my point with "my broken English".

    I am very sorry. I assumed you were German because of the GM's German name. How come you ended up with the German support team then when you are not located in the region? Truly strange.

    No problem. I'm french so in Europe, there are many languages spoken so it's normal to think there is only one support for Europe's servers (I assume so prefer to spoke in English because that's a "universal" language).

    @Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

    @ProtoGunner.4953 said:
    Maybe some gold seller confused your name with a different account's name?

    Apparently, some people buy gold from gold sellers, but give a not-their-own account as the receiver in an attempt to get that other account suspended for RMT. That's why it is critical to just report the sender and return the mail without taking the gold out of it.

    Yeah, but I wasn't aware of that type of trolling before being targeted. Like I said: I needed advice from the support for what I needed to do ... but the time I know what to do I was already banned and golds confiscated (my golds, not the golds in the mail .... they are still in the mail sent to me...). There is a thread on Reddit about it: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/9vvhr8/so_the_rmt_gold_scammer_striked_again/

    @Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

    @Sapinzeus.1932 said:
    Hi,
    2 days ago, someone sent me a lot of gold by mail... I reported it and didn't take the gold in the mail... I posted a ticket on in-game support needing advice on how to deal with that situation.
    Result: 5min ban (ok that's nothing) but all my gold is gone... (gold from the gold seller are still in my inbox because that's the only proof I've got ...)

    I'm pretty sure that your mistake is right here. The recommended procedure is:

    • Receive the mail (OK, you don't have a choice about this, but the process begins here.)
    • Report the mail in-game.
    • Return the mail to the sender.
    • Do not delete the mail. Do not keep the mail. Above all, do not take the gold from the mail.

    You don't need to keep it around as "proof". It's all logged on the servers, so they will know what you did with it. Leaving the mail in the inbox makes it look like you want to keep it.

    (I wasn't aware of that recommended procedure until I was already ban+golds confiscated).The only problem here is: if I resend the mail, with golds, the support tell me that: 1- I will not be refunded of the golds they confiscated (that are my golds ... the golds sent by the RMT troll are still in my inbox), 2 - They will not remove the "flag" on my account for being an "RMT user" so if I get trolled another time like that my account will be ban for 6 months or permanently.
    To conclude, I was considered guilty at the moment the mail got into my mail inbox...

  • Healix.5819Healix.5819 Member ✭✭✭✭

    They apparently can't remove the gold from the mail, so they simply take it from your account instead. The gold in the mail is now "your" gold. If you choose to return the mail to the sender instead, you will need to fight support to get your original gold back by elevating your ticket and explaining the situation.

    @Ashantara.8731 said:

    @Sapinzeus.1932 said:
    @Ashantara.8731 the only problem is here: I don't speak German at all and I'm not a native English speaker myself so yeah the problem could be a language barrier ... the only thing I wanted was to communicate to explain my point with "my broken English".

    I am very sorry. I assumed you were German because of the GM's German name. How come you ended up with the German support team then when you are not located in the region? Truly strange.

    The URL shows it's the French version of the support site, plus the agent's signature is in French.

  • Sapinzeus.1932Sapinzeus.1932 Member ✭✭
    edited November 16, 2018

    @Healix.5819 I tried to explain that to support but they didn't want to understand ... If I take the golds I will earn golds (200 golds to be exact: golds in the mail minus golds that have been removed). I'm not interested in golds but I want the situation clarified with them because (like I already said): if I get trolled like that another time my account could be ban... for 6month or permanently...

    The signature could be automatically generated. Like the MRT transaction detection...

  • @Sapinzeus.1932 said:
    To conclude, I was considered guilty at the moment the mail got into my mail inbox...

    That's a pretty serious accusation, and you have to justify why you think it wasn't because you kept the mail.

    @Biff.5312 said:
    Exercise your whimsy.

  • Sapinzeus.1932Sapinzeus.1932 Member ✭✭
    edited November 16, 2018

    I report it ... if I would keep the golds sent to me I wouldn't report the mail, nor the sender, nor contact the support BEFORE being ban and golds confiscated (my golds in my inventory)... I know it's a pretty serious accusation but I'm not the only one in this case ... The only thing I accuse the support is: they didn't want to discuss the problem with me ... (but the fact, because it's a fact proved by some people on Reddit, is: you're considered guilty of RMT rules breaking at the moment the mail hit your mail inbox and if you're not connected at that moment or if you don't know how to react: you're guilty ... it's an automated system).
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/9t7ezl/the_gaile_gray_pr_statement_adresses_the_real/e8ua4s4/?context=3 and even after they "resolved" the problem with others they stated that they only punish people who are ACCEPTING the golds ... but they are still in my inbox so I just RECEIVED them... source of the statement : https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/9tbi3v/lead_gm_apologized_in_200g_rmt_trickcase_and/)
    If you want a screen of the mail still in my inbox I can send you one but in private message or something like that (to not reveal the amount needed to ban someone if the system detects a certain amount of money transiting).

  • Why would the amount be a 'secret'? You've already said if you took the Gold you would have 200G more than what was removed from your account, and the whole Reddit brouhaha before was about 200G being sent.

    Regardless, you have to discuss this with the CS Team and/or a supervisor, though it's stated that 'no further discussion' only comes after 1 or more Team Leads (supervisors) have reviewed the issue.

    Good luck.

  • Sapinzeus.1932Sapinzeus.1932 Member ✭✭
    edited November 16, 2018

    @Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:
    Why would the amount be a 'secret'? You've already said if you took the Gold you would have 200G more than what was removed from your account, and the whole Reddit brouhaha before was about 200G being sent.

    Regardless, you have to discuss this with the CS Team and/or a supervisor, though it's stated that 'no further discussion' only comes after 1 or more Team Leads (supervisors) have reviewed the issue.

    Good luck.

    To be sure ... rules could have changed from the last time: I don't want my experience to be used as a source to improve RMT technics or RMT trolling ... (the amount I received is more than 200 golds so the only thing good in that story is that someone spent some real money trying to ban me ...)
    I've tried to discuss ... but they repeat the same thing every time. I just want to discuss the problem with a GM to explain my point to prove that I've done nothing wrong (concerning RMT purchase).

  • We already know, if what you are saying is accurate, that it's more than the last person that was 'banned' for 200G. Thus, hardly giving anything away.

    You can try the Reddit thread that Dornsinger posts in, I suppose.

    Good luck.

  • Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Healix.5819 said:
    The URL shows it's the French version of the support site, plus the agent's signature is in French.

    Okay, I didn't even look at that as the name is German, so I assumed it was the German support. If it's really the French support, then why not communicate in French? :o

  • Sapinzeus.1932Sapinzeus.1932 Member ✭✭
    edited November 17, 2018

    @Ashantara.8731 Because the first message sent was in english.

  • @Illconceived Was Na.9781 I posted a ticket in french on the support service I will try to update that thread soon as possible.
    Thanks you all for your answers and have a nice day (or night).

  • Hey, so what is Anet's stand on this if an innocent player gets trolled?
    Take screenshot, return gold and notify support?
    Or take screenshot, return the gold and do nothing.

  • @Sleepwalker.1398 said:
    Hey, so what is Anet's stand on this if an innocent player gets trolled?
    Take screenshot, return gold and notify support?
    Or take screenshot, return the gold and do nothing.

    • Report the email (there's a button for that at the bottom).
    • Take a screenshot (if you want)
    • Return the mail to sender.
    • Do not under any circumstances accept the gold if you're suspicious.

    You can also file a support ticket, but I don't think that's necessary unless something unexpected happens.

    "Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

  • Plok.5873Plok.5873 Member ✭✭✭

    Considering how carefully and well-informed a receiver needs to handle incoming RMT trolling, how much trouble it causes, how much time and effort it cost, how easily it is done and how widespread the information is by now, I'm dead sure we'll see a lot more of it. Then again, still better than swatting.... -.-

    Perhaps an entirely different approach is required to fight RMTs, eg. limiting money per ingame mail to friend list and guild.

  • Sapinzeus.1932Sapinzeus.1932 Member ✭✭
    edited November 23, 2018

    So ... they respond to my ticket in french ... same answer. They continue to say to me to resend the gold (thing already done) and they are nor gonna refund me nor de-flagged my account for SUPPOSED RMT use...

  • Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Plok.5873 said:
    Considering how carefully and well-informed a receiver needs to handle incoming RMT trolling, how much trouble it causes, how much time and effort it cost, how easily it is done and how widespread the information is by now, I'm dead sure we'll see a lot more of it. Then again, still better than swatting.... -.-

    Perhaps an entirely different approach is required to fight RMTs, eg. limiting money per ingame mail to friend list and guild.

    I was sent a mysterious mail containing a sum of gold yesterday. No message attached, only gold. I just had opened 9 other mails from alts, so I almost accepted it without thinking.

    Know what I did?

    "Return to sender"

    Troll averted, nothing has happened and my account is not in any danger whatsoever. Please, I encourage more people to RMT troll me and literally waste their real money for nothing.

    Smugly chuckling forever.
    My sentence doesn't make sense? Well, I probably forgot to write half of it before posting.

  • Sapinzeus.1932Sapinzeus.1932 Member ✭✭
    edited November 23, 2018

    Wait ... the GM seems to understand and to discuss with me about the problem.
    EDIT : no ... they will not change anything EVEN with proof: the fact I received the golds justify (for them) the flag and the confiscation.

  • SHM.7628SHM.7628 Member ✭✭

    Yeah, but why would anyone want to send you gold in the first place? What benefit is it to them? > @Blocki.4931 said:

    @Plok.5873 said:
    Considering how carefully and well-informed a receiver needs to handle incoming RMT trolling, how much trouble it causes, how much time and effort it cost, how easily it is done and how widespread the information is by now, I'm dead sure we'll see a lot more of it. Then again, still better than swatting.... -.-

    Perhaps an entirely different approach is required to fight RMTs, eg. limiting money per ingame mail to friend list and guild.

    I was sent a mysterious mail containing a sum of gold yesterday. No message attached, only gold. I just had opened 9 other mails from alts, so I almost accepted it without thinking.

    Know what I did?

    "Return to sender"

    Troll averted, nothing has happened and my account is not in any danger whatsoever. Please, I encourage more people to RMT troll me and literally waste their real money for nothing.

  • Sapinzeus.1932Sapinzeus.1932 Member ✭✭
    edited November 23, 2018

    If they know you can get ban for it ? and that's not someone who send you a mail : he paid a RMT service to send to you gold with their illegal account. ... 3 euros to ban someone: that's pretty cheap.
    Like > @Plok.5873 said:

    Considering how carefully and well-informed a receiver needs to handle incoming RMT trolling, how much trouble it causes, how much time and effort it cost, how easily it is done and how widespread the information is by now, I'm dead sure we'll see a lot more of it. Then again, still better than swatting.... -.-

    Perhaps an entirely different approach is required to fight RMTs, eg. limiting money per ingame mail to friend list and guild.

  • SHM.7628SHM.7628 Member ✭✭

    Ok, then you apparently have an enemy somewhere out there.

    @Sapinzeus.1932 said:
    If they know you can get ban for it ? and that's not someone who send you a mail : he paid a RMT service to send to you gold with their illegal account. ... 3 euros to ban someone: that's pretty cheap.
    Like > @Plok.5873 said:

    Considering how carefully and well-informed a receiver needs to handle incoming RMT trolling, how much trouble it causes, how much time and effort it cost, how easily it is done and how widespread the information is by now, I'm dead sure we'll see a lot more of it. Then again, still better than swatting.... -.-

    Perhaps an entirely different approach is required to fight RMTs, eg. limiting money per ingame mail to friend list and guild.

  • Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @SHM.7628 said:
    Yeah, but why would anyone want to send you gold in the first place? What benefit is it to them? > @Blocki.4931 said:

    @Plok.5873 said:
    Considering how carefully and well-informed a receiver needs to handle incoming RMT trolling, how much trouble it causes, how much time and effort it cost, how easily it is done and how widespread the information is by now, I'm dead sure we'll see a lot more of it. Then again, still better than swatting.... -.-

    Perhaps an entirely different approach is required to fight RMTs, eg. limiting money per ingame mail to friend list and guild.

    I was sent a mysterious mail containing a sum of gold yesterday. No message attached, only gold. I just had opened 9 other mails from alts, so I almost accepted it without thinking.

    Know what I did?

    "Return to sender"

    Troll averted, nothing has happened and my account is not in any danger whatsoever. Please, I encourage more people to RMT troll me and literally waste their real money for nothing.

    Probably because of my comments on threads like this, claiming that it's impossible to get punished if you don't accept the gold.

    Smugly chuckling forever.
    My sentence doesn't make sense? Well, I probably forgot to write half of it before posting.

  • Dumb question inbetween, but what does the acronym RMT even stand for? I know what it's about... but I don't get the wording. Sorry for the dumb question.

  • Real Money Traders/Trading/Trade

  • Sapinzeus.1932Sapinzeus.1932 Member ✭✭
    edited November 24, 2018

    Final response from the support : "they are always exceptions but we can't detect it" ... they know about RMT trolling but they don't know (for now) how to protect the players of it. So for now, you can just do like > @Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

    • Report the email (there's a button for that at the bottom).
    • Take a screenshot (if you want)
    • Return the mail to sender.
    • Do not under any circumstances accept the gold if you're suspicious.

    You can also file a support ticket, but I don't think that's necessary unless something unexpected happens.

    And hope there will be no "exception" on your case...

    For solution to resolve that type of situation, the best that can be implemented in the game is the idea of > @Plok.5873 :

    Perhaps an entirely different approach is required to fight RMTs, eg. limiting money per ingame mail to friend list and guild.

  • So to summarize, your only "error" was to keep the mail (unaccepted) instead of immediately returning it?

  • Healix.5819Healix.5819 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Ray Koopa.2354 said:
    So to summarize, your only "error" was to keep the mail (unaccepted) instead of immediately returning it?

    If you want to prevent this situation, you need to return the mail before the GM investigates, but that's unrealistic since it could only be a few hours before your account is at the top of the queue, though 24-72 hours is more likely. Whether you return it or not however, your account will be investigated, it's just a matter of you returning the mail first or the GM deducting the amount directly from your account. If they do deduct it, the gold in the mail is yours, so if you return it, it's essentially the equivalent of accidentally mailing someone gold, and you'd need to contact a higher level of support to get it back (GM Magister being your best bet). As for the worries of a permanent mark on your account, their recent policy clarification claims that they don't ban for simply receiving gold, so carry on as if nothing happened.

  • @Sapinzeus.1932 said:
    And hope there will be no "exception" on your case...

    I don't have to 'hope' because (a) it's incredibly rare that people get an unauthorized RMT delivery and (b) it's even more rare that the recipient will be in a situation in which ANet Support can't tell what happened.

    Exception-driven policy and mechanics is generally a bad idea, as it makes things less efficient and less fun. There isn't a sudden rash of people receiving 200 gold or more from strangers or a sudden increase in the count of people without any history of RMT to get dinged by support.

    I don't want to minimize the OP's frustration: there is no scenario where this would feel good to anyone. My point is that the vast majority of people aren't affected.

    Perhaps an entirely different approach is required to fight RMTs, eg. limiting money per ingame mail to friend list and guild.

    Or perhaps not. Such a limit affects everyone, including mentors who routinely ship goods & coin to new players to help them get started, donations to players, tips for portals & commanders, and so on. And it only benefits that teeny tiny fraction of players who get unsolicited gold from unauthorized sources.

    "Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

  • @Illconceived Was Na.9781 there is already a limit on in-game mail: https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/230430967-Gold-Wealth-Transfer-Restrictions-Mail-Guild-Bank-

    @Healix.5819 said:
    As for the worries of a permanent mark on your account, their recent policy clarification claims that they don't ban for simply receiving gold, so carry on as if nothing happened.

    For now, I will play GW2 way less than before (I will continue co-leading my raid's roster and complete dailies but nothing more now ...). For "their recent policy clarification" support told me (2 GMs, one in English AND one in French) that the flag is used to see if there is recidivism and if there is recidivism, they can take actions against the account (week ban, 6month ban, and permanent ban).

  • Nemezijus.6851Nemezijus.6851 Member ✭✭
    edited November 26, 2018

    This is ridiculous treatment or players. Tipping mesmers at JPs is very common these days and there are guilds who do it regularly (PINK <3). But now this current RMT ban trolling makes everyone paranoid regarding receiving tips. Anet should find a better way to handle this.

  • That's a 500 gold limit per week, not a 0 gold limit per century. It doesn't prevent people from sending tips and care packages as would the proposal to which I responded would...

    Perhaps an entirely different approach is required to fight RMTs, eg. limiting money per ingame mail to friend list and guild.

    The weekly gold limit affects a tiny fraction of players. A permanent limit to just guilds/friend-list affects a lot more people, especially new players who are less likely to be part of guilds or have a network of associates.

    I'm sorry that you've had to deal with this and I'm sympathetic to the frustration you must feel. But there isn't some sort of epidemic of unsolicited RMT donations. (It's not even 'new'; there was at least one infamous case within a few months after launch, resulting in a suspension for an innocent party. The decision was successfully appealed.) And players already have the option to "opt out" by returning the mail to sender and blocking the individual if necessary.

    "Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

  • Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Nemezijus.6851 said:
    This is ridiculous treatment or players. Tipping mesmers at JPs is very common these days and there are guilds who do it regularly (PINK <3). But now this current RMT ban trolling makes everyone paranoid regarding receiving tips. Anet should find a better way to handle this.

    Nope, simply not true. Nobody has to worry about this. For it to happen somebody has to spend actual money for it, nobody would do that just to troll somebody. Just like nobody would just silently send gold without message or having ever interacted with you. Plus, the person doing the ports would at least see names of characters they port through the JP, they could see the name of the person sending the mail, if they don't recognize it or the mail doesn't have any message then they can still decide whether to accept it or not. This isn't some huge issue, the two times it happened just blew up and any punishment was due to them accepting the gold or not clicking Return to Sender.

    Smugly chuckling forever.
    My sentence doesn't make sense? Well, I probably forgot to write half of it before posting.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.