Renegade non viable pvp.

JayAction.9056

I mean, let's just compare it to herald.

Herald has a superior heal (which is the only thing that allows rev to even compete to be honest).Herald has buffs (prot, regen, fury, might) that follow the revenent, that can then be sacrificed for 0 energy cost for secondary effectsHerald has a knockback (that does quite a bit of damage)Herald has a zero cost stunbreak that also functions as an AOE blindHerald has better, higher damaging burst utilities.Herald allows for the option of a safe res

Whereas renegade has;

-Crap heal (worst heal ive used besides jalis heal)-High cost mediocre damage utility-High cost utility that has the possibility for mediocre damage in optimal situations-High cost low damage stun break with ground target stab (worst kind possible)-A low damage, low heal, high energy cost elite.-Allows use of a low damage weapon

Renegade needs better self sustain tools, more damage in the tree or shortbow, better functioning lower cost utilities, a better heal, or some sort of access to stab or resistance. Any combination of those or even all of them.

to add onF2 is decent, F3 fire 10 projectiles without trait, with only 2 hits most of the time with a 3rd being lucky, F4.. tbh I hardly even use it due to very high energy cost and I will probably just swap stance anyway when skills are on cd or low energy.

The 'F' skills are suppose to make what your spec is, but renegade's is just so mediocre.

@lmaogg.7325 said:to add onF2 is decent, F3 fire 10 projectiles without trait, with only 2 hits most of the time with a 3rd being lucky, F4.. tbh I hardly even use it due to very high energy cost and I will probably just swap stance anyway when skills are on cd or low energy.

The 'F' skills are suppose to make what your spec is, but renegade's is just so mediocre.

Hey, at least you remembered they are there. I forgot about them a few days ago.

@Zin.6170 said:

@lmaogg.7325 said:to add onF2 is decent, F3 fire 10 projectiles without trait, with only 2 hits most of the time with a 3rd being lucky, F4.. tbh I hardly even use it due to very high energy cost and I will probably just swap stance anyway when skills are on cd or low energy.

Hey, at least you remembered they are there. I forgot about them a few days ago.

Like I will forget the core mechanic of a spec that I tried to put so much into.. even crafted a legendary for this nightmare.

@lmaogg.7325 said:

@Zin.6170 said:

Like I will forget the core mechanic of a spec that I tried to put so much into.. even crafted a legendary for this nightmare.

They should really just remove the energy cost, but then it would just be a chore to push them on cooldown.

@hypehype.9047 said:I said it before the beta that rev is unplayable without herald and kept getting shut down. Now people can see for themself.I will take it one step further OP and say renegade is not even viable in PVE.

Why would you say it's not viable in PvE? I mean 35k benchmark and stuff? I've done some tier 4 fractals with it and it did somewhat fine. (without shortbow)

It's crap in both SPvP and WvW however....

@Vasdamas Anklast.1607 said:

@hypehype.9047 said:I said it before the beta that rev is unplayable without herald and kept getting shut down. Now people can see for themself.I will take it one step further OP and say renegade is not even viable in PVE.

Why would you say it's not viable in PvE? I mean 35k benchmark and stuff? I've done some tier 4 fractals with it and it did somewhat fine. (without shortbow)

It's crap in both SPvP and WvW however....

because no boon share without herald

I'm sure the Devs and most people that care enough about the game to read the forums knew rev was unplayable without herald. Even at the time of HOT specs in general being their most overpowered, rev was still absolute trash without herald.

Why renegade was shipped as weak as it was when Rev was already underperforming with herald is beyond me.

Ok, after the betas I though that Renegade in PvP/roaming was mediocre; now that had time to fight a lot more... I think that is trash. Wielding the bow is a dead sentence, and the funtion skills are useless. Kalla has no place, so the only useful part is the traitline. Sadly, half of the trailine is focused into buff the useless shot bow, and Glint + Mallyx mace+axe/staff is stronger than any combo using the Renegade traitline (and still, power Rev is the "strongest" choice). Poor mobility, weak against condis, crumbles under any form of corruption, unable to pressure at range, unable to tank/self sustain even using more defensive (carrion) amulets. Done with it outside PvE.

Archived