139% movement speed increase from swiftness

LaGranse.8652

So I was just messing with the superior rune of speed on my weaver and noticed the movement speed increase percentage of swiftness in combination with woven stride.I tested the movement speed while in combat sadly you will not get the stated movement speed increase, probably because how GW2 handle movement speed increase percentages. The movement speed increase did not cap at the max 400 units, tested with super speed.

Just thought it was funny and wanted to share it anyhow.

K8aauom.jpg

@steki.1478 said:They aren't supposed to stack anyway. You get the strongest speed buff only, which is superspeed>rune>trait in this situation.

I'm not so sure about that. Swiftness typically doesn't stack with other movement speed increases. But in this case, both the rune and the trait simply make swiftness itself better. They are all essentially one movement speed buff, swiftness.

@Ganathar.4956 said:

@steki.1478 said:They aren't supposed to stack anyway. You get the strongest speed buff only, which is superspeed>rune>trait in this situation.

I'm not so sure about that. Swiftness typically doesn't stack with other movement speed increases. But in this case, both the rune and the trait simply make swiftness itself better. They are all essentially one movement speed buff, swiftness.

Buffs dont stack at all, regardless of how you get them. Unless it's stated that way like on herald.

@steki.1478 said:

Buffs dont stack at all, regardless of how you get them. Unless it's stated that way like on herald.

But they are not separate buffs, they all make the boon better and swiftness is only 1 buff.

Archived