Anyone else has bad luck strike on getting Desert King Throne?

nathaniel.1573

I seldom do any RNG content cuz in my experience I don't have the luck, but Desert King Throne....oh man I love this chair!!!After watching several BLC opening video for Desert King Throne and asking some guild member who already got the chair, I find there might be some hope since everyone got it within 20 keys.So...I tried and got nothing after 35 keys....(sighAnyone else has bad luck strike on getting Desert King Throne? I'm not sure if I should try more...

I spent gems on 10 keys, and didn't get it.

I did get the standard drop, though, which included a boost to PvP/WvW track progress. I wanted to see what about 10 of those would do, to see if it was worth chasing any more. But that throne would have been a really nice bonus.

If I can't earn keys enough to get it before it's gone, I'll just save statues for it when it finally gets added to that merchant.

I spend gems on 5 keys, and got it on first chest I opened. :3

I am someone who generally has bad luck at RNG (in real life all the same). I buy BL chests regularly, but with low expectation. I want the statuettes and the material. I hope for some dyes or minis I can sell a bit high at TP. I also like the guaranteed unlock scrolls. But I very rarely get something exceptional. When I got the throne, at first I was like: "huh... what is that?" (I have not known about). And once I knew what it is, I was very happy. =)

The DK Throne is an uncommon drop. The chance of getting any uncommon drop or better is only 8-10%. There are roughly 21 possible uncommon drops, so assuming they have an equal chance to drop, then you only have a 5% chance ... after 'winning' the 8-10% initial roll.

So roughly speaking, if you open "only" 25 chests, there's only about a 90% chance that you'll get any uncommon. Opening 75 chests means ~88% chance of getting perhaps 5 uncommons, but with only 5 chances, there's only ~22% chance you'd get the drop you wanted.

However, because 1000s of people open BL chests, and the ones who get lucky like to share their happiness, we are always going to see posts from the tiny fraction who get the desired item with only 1 key or even "only" 25. (They don't mention all the 100s of other times they opened chests without getting what they wanted.)

I strongly encourage people to think of BL chests as just a fun lotto, not as any sort of tool for acquiring desired items. Do key runs or map completions (which can be either easy or offer other value) or donate the occasional US$10 to ANet for a handful of keys.

So as @nathaniel.1573 plans, save your gold|gems and wait for another source.

I bought 50 keys and used 35 of them, plus 10 i had in bank. Had zero rolls on the uncommon table, so i used the statuettes to buy golden keys. 4 rolls later i had some cheap-kitten skins and no throne. I gave it another go today (didn't buy 50 keys in one go) and again nothing above the common table. I had enough statuettes for another golden key and thankfully i got the throne.

I also bought abt 100 bl keys before i got the nightfang griffon skin (didn't have enough statuettes for that one).

So yeah, i have barrel-scraping luck on those things :/

@nathaniel.1573 said:I seldom do any RNG content cuz in my experience I don't have the luck, but Desert King Throne....oh man I love this chair!!!After watching several BLC opening video for Desert King Throne and asking some guild member who already got the chair, I find there might be some hope since everyone got it within 20 keys.So...I tried and got nothing after 35 keys....(sighAnyone else has bad luck strike on getting Desert King Throne? I'm not sure if I should try more...

I also normally have some bad luck on game but I'll share this:

Dreadnaught raptor and Nightfang Griffon- 50 keys each(100 total) purchased from gem store and nothing. But I did map completion in Iron Marches on a new toon , got a key and got Nightfang. Purchased 30 keys for throne and got it on second key .... it's totally random and frustrating but you know that going in .... right?

Archived