Where wil episode 5 be?

Fenom.9457

IMO the story of the last episode makes it hard to guess where we'll be going next. We're chasing Kralk and he's found his way into the mists so he's popping in and out of portals all over the place. So it could be almost anywhere. I assume we'll be staying in Elona/Crystal Desert because that's the setting for this chunk of the story, but it could be anywhere within that.

@Danikat.8537 said:IMO the story of the last episode makes it hard to guess where we'll be going next. We're chasing Kralk and he's found his way into the mists so he's popping in and out of portals all over the place. So it could be almost anywhere. I assume we'll be staying in Elona/Crystal Desert because that's the setting for this chunk of the story, but it could be anywhere within that.

I agree, but also think the whole season will stay in the desert as it has so far. I know sun’s refuge won’t get major updates again, but it is possible one or both maps could be within connecting distance of that, which would be kourna. Either way I imagine we’ll keep getting parts of the brand that’s already there.

@Sonja Teh Trapper.7012 said:i have to say gate of torment that is the next realm to gate of maddness

Gate of Torment is within the Realm of Torment, so I guess in the Mists.

If you're meaning Mouth of Torment (the way to get to the Gate of Torment), that's within the current map of The Desolation.

I guess we could get a map that's actually in the Mists...

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

@Sonja Teh Trapper.7012 said:i have to say gate of torment that is the next realm to gate of maddness

Gate of Torment is within the Realm of Torment, so I guess in the Mists.

If you're meaning Mouth of Torment (the way to
get to
the Gate of Torment), that's within the current map of The Desolation.

I guess we
could
get a map that's actually
in the Mists

Anet said they weren’t planning that though. I have no doubt we’ll periodicslly get new story instances in the mists like we have in the past, but probably never a whole LW map

The Hall of Heroes, and we will move from the Primeval Kings's tomb in Desert Highlands. It's supposed to be this giant light we can see in the Shattered Observatory and in the chapter: Legacy- A Star to Guide Us (during escaping from the Brandstorm).

I accidentally picked the crystal desert XD

I have enough of seeing deserts and canyons. I want to be surprised again like I was with sandwept isles. Why not discovering north of harathi hinterlands, south-east of siren's landing, west of crystal oasis... I want some temperate jungle or island type map, they could promise great stuffs! Remember labyrinthine cliffs, caledon forest, metrica province! Why not the return of norns? Dunno like a hunting ground?

But I'm all for the giant stigmatized volcano at the end of the branded scar. So much potential.

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:What if where he can pop in and out of the mist is tied to where the brand is. He can't just pop in the middle of unbranded territory and has to travel manually over land to brand it first. If that's the case, I would have him return to Ascalon.

That’d be cool too

Purely mechanically it would have the benefit of adding an Ascalon map to the LS maps -- the LS maps are fantastic spots to do quick regional dailies and we haven't got one in that area yet. Not that I'm looking forward to it, I don't care for the Ascalonian map color palette for long-term play, but it would be helpful.

They can't create the whole map into the mist, since she needs to be located somewhere on our overworld map. It doesn't mean that we aren't going into the mists. It just need to be instanced just like glint's lair echo in living season 2, jahai mists in season 4. But then what is the type of mad king lab map? WvW? It's clearly another map than overworld. Also fog everywhere on map..

@hugo.4705 said:I have enough of seeing deserts and canyons. I want to be surprised again like I was with sandwept isles. Why not discovering north of harathi hinterlands, south-east of siren's landing, west of crystal oasis... I want some temperate jungle or island type map, they could promise great stuffs! Remember labyrinthine cliffs, caledon forest, metrica province! Why not the return of norns? Dunno like a hunting ground?

But I'm all for the giant stigmatized volcano at the end of the branded scar. So much potential.

Labyrinthine cliffs is AMAZING! Anything like that would be awesome

@Donari.5237 said:

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:What if where he can pop in and out of the mist is tied to where the brand is. He can't just pop in the middle of unbranded territory and has to travel manually over land to brand it first. If that's the case, I would have him return to Ascalon.

That’d be cool too

Purely mechanically it would have the benefit of adding an Ascalon map to the LS maps -- the LS maps are fantastic spots to do quick regional dailies and we haven't got one in that area yet. Not that I'm looking forward to it, I don't care for the Ascalonian map color palette for long-term play, but it would be helpful.

Well, if we got a map in the Blood legion homelands they are at least on the map much more green than Ascalon.

@Dante.1763 said:

That’d be cool too

Well, if we got a map in the Blood legion homelands they are at least on the map much more green than Ascalon.

I could see the mountains above fireheart/blazeridge steppes (the border of blazeridge mountains and blood legion homelands) being retconned to be more Ascalon landscape, and have the blazeridge mountains region not go as far north

@Fenom.9457 said:

That’d be cool too

I could see the mountains above fireheart/blazeridge steppes (the border of blazeridge mountains and blood legion homelands) being retconned to be more Ascalon landscape, and have the blazeridge mountains region not go as far north

I could as well, when i was looking at the map for my post above i was wondering why the mountains where so green, theres almost no transition between the two colors.

Archived