The new marked debuff is only targeted towards thiefs and a bit too much

Anput.4620

Stripping a single spec from its only defensive utility makes it useless while a sentry is around.

Playing thief has been a pain now and deadeye should be reworked to something less reliant on stealth if this isn't fixed because without it you can't do anything, you die in 1 hit(literally) to anything anyways.

Please tell me why i shouldn't just play mesmer or ranger over this now with the new marked debuff?

You are taking away all of the profs defensive utilities by taking away stealth so why do other profs get to keep theirs? Mesmer no invuls necro no shroud when marked etc is the same.

Why don't we get a debuff against the 12 sec invuls of mesmers or the 1800 range 30k damage rapid fire of rangers?

Either fix your game by balancing it but don't butcher a specs only real defensive ability, if you can't stealth and get up to someone you can't do anything as deadeye, it was the only roaming spec where you could avoid these 5 man roamer headhunters which just jump on roamers "for the lulz".

Can anyone tell me how a deadeye with 30 secs of marked on them can win any 1v1 engagement vs other common roaming specs like spellbreaker, soulbeast, mirage, holo etc. Cause you just get oneshot.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"Anput.4620" said:Stripping a single spec from its only defensive utility makes it useless while a sentry is around.

Playing thief has been a pain now and deadeye should be reworked to something less reliant on stealth if this isn't fixed because without it you can't do anything, you die in 1 hit(literally) to anything anyways.

Please tell me why i shouldn't just play mesmer or ranger over this now with the new marked debuff?

You are taking away all of the profs defensive utilities by taking away stealth so why do other profs get to keep theirs? Mesmer no invuls necro no shroud when marked etc is the same.

Why don't we get a debuff against the 12 sec invuls of mesmers or the 1800 range 30k damage rapid fire of rangers?

Either fix your game by balancing it but don't butcher a specs only real defensive ability, if you can't stealth and get up to someone you can't do anything as deadeye, it was the only roaming spec where you could avoid these 5 man roamer headhunters which just jump on roamers "for the lulz".

Can anyone tell me how a deadeye with 30 secs of marked on them can win any 1v1 engagement vs other common roaming specs like spellbreaker, soulbeast, mirage, holo etc. Cause you just get oneshot.

Stealth was hit equally across professions.

More thieves will now have to look at other gear options outside of zerker and marauder. Thief still has the most access to mobility skills, affording the best engage and disengages this game has. Thief has access to a lot of evade skills. Thief still can hit hard...

I’m not saying that thief doesn’t need improvements and changes, just like every other profession, but thief can be successful while using minimal to no stealth builds. The problem is that players have grown accustom to factoring heavily on stealth, zero toughness and pouring everything into doing damage...

Time for thief players to rethink how to play with these changes, because permanent stealth was not good for the game. Especially with how it was not developed with pvp and wvw play in mind.

The new marked is the Cure for wvw since it finally stopped perma Stealth abuser and give everyone at least some way of counterplay. sentries marks you, but you can easily capture them. so thiefes now just have to get some map controle by capturing sentries before they enter "the opponents" territory. as necro i also cant walk where i want. if i walk through a sentry i am ALSO marked for every enemy and some secs later a lot of gankers will chase me until the end of days. thiefs now just are in the same Situation like every other class already was.

and thiefes still have Access to infinity amount of evades ( a very strong defense mechanic, i saw a video in pvp forum with thief perma dodging in 30 enemies for 10 minutes without dying), just remember the latest buff to daggerstorm. so plz dont be hyperbolic...thief is still roaming meta.

@"Zero.3871" said:The new marked is the Cure for wvw since it finally stopped perma Stealth abuser and give everyone at least some way of counterplay. sentries marks you, but you can easily capture them. so thiefes now just have to get some map controle by capturing sentries before they enter "the opponents" territory. as necro i also cant walk where i want. if i walk through a sentry i am ALSO marked for every enemy and some secs later a lot of gankers will chase me until the end of days. thiefs now just are in the same Situation like every other class already was.

and thiefes still have Access to infinity amount of evades ( a very strong defense mechanic, i saw a video in pvp forum with thief perma dodging in 30 enemies for 10 minutes without dying), just remember the latest buff to daggerstorm. so plz dont be hyperbolic...thief is still roaming meta.

Trust me,its not stopping me from perm stealthing,just have to be aware of where you start your fights.Im actually using it in my advantage,espec these new traps are a blast to mark blobs wherever they go while im tailing them in stealth !

I disagree with the way ANET did it but DE perma stealth was obnoxious. I made a DE to see how it works in WvW and it was so cheesy and easy to play i felt nauseous and dirty playing it. They should have targeted the amount of stealth it could have rather than this debuff but if it makes it so there are less DE in WvW then im ok with it.You will see see a lot of them on maps their server controls but you wont on your maps.

@Swagger.1459 said:Stealth was hit equally across professions.

More thieves will now have to look at other gear options outside of zerker and marauder. Thief still has the most access to mobility skills, affording the best engage and disengages this game has. Thief has access to a lot of evade skills. Thief still can hit hard...

I’m not saying that thief doesn’t need improvements and changes, just like every other profession, but thief can be successful while using minimal to no stealth builds. The problem is that players have grown accustom to factoring heavily on stealth, zero toughness and pouring everything into doing damage...

Time for thief players to rethink how to play with these changes, because permanent stealth was not good for the game. Especially with how it was not developed with pvp and wvw play in mind.

Are you serious right now? Stealth is not distributed evenly among all profs. Why not hit invuls too equally around all proffs? We hit a mechanic heavilly used by 1 prof, that is not an equal hit. That is like saying marked removes shroud so it is fair towards necros cause shroud is hit equally among all profs.

Deadeye doesn't have access to those with the tradeoff of more stealth.

Deadeye is unplayable without stealth, what other build will you play?

@Anput.4620 said:

@Swagger.1459 said:Stealth was hit equally across professions.

Are you serious right now? Stealth is not distributed evenly among all profs. Why not hit invuls too equally around all proffs? We hit a mechanic heavilly used by 1 prof, that is not an equal hit. That is like saying marked removes shroud so it is fair towards necros cause shroud is hit equally among all profs.

Deadeye doesn't have access to those with the tradeoff of more stealth.

Deadeye is unplayable without stealth, what other build will you play?

Don't fight near Sentrys or objectives with Watch Tower. If you do, that's your choice and you know what will happen when you do.

Elite skill removes Reveal. Marked debuff Reveals after 2 seconds. That means you have enough time to remove the Reveal, Stealth -> burst your target. It also means you have to spend the time you're revealed kiting and waiting for the moment to burst, rather than camping Stealth the entire time.

And yes, it does effect all professions. I've gotten gibbed by it on my Ranger and my Engineer because I keep forgetting it'll Reveal me. It's particularly annoying on Scrapper with Sneak Gyro. The Gyro already tells where I am to begin with without being Revealed every 2 seconds.

@Swagger.1459 said:

@"Anput.4620" said:Stripping a single spec from its only defensive utility makes it useless while a sentry is around.

Stealth was hit equally across professions.

I don't build or play much around stealth but I can't blame thieves moving more towards stealth when that's what they've been funneled into. Sword is basically a rubber stick even if it's utility is decent and everything else has been dulled apart from rifle + dagger/pistol stealth play. People play thief for it's Initiative system so they're not going to want to drop it for another class, they'll just keep up with expansion pack builds.

Well thfs are using stealth as a means of sustate not as a means of attk. That a real problem and the only real counter is revieals that stick.

Thf's hp should come at a high cost when it is lost your not a mages who use magic to heal them self your a thf whom must move though the knifes and spears to land big hits and get out if you mess up then you mess up and pay for it. Gw2 is way too forgiving for bad thfs.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the marked system reveals the thief AFTER 2 seconds in stealth and only if you have the "marked" debuff.The thief now only spends 1 second less in stealth. Are people really complaining that they cannot spend 1 second more in stealth around sentries or watchtowers?

What has this game become?

@Jski.6180 said:Well thfs are using stealth as a means of sustate not as a means of attk. That a real problem and the only real counter is revieals that stick.

Thf's hp should come at a high cost when it is lost your not a mages who use magic to heal them self your a thf whom must move though the knifes and spears to land big hits and get out if you mess up then you mess up and pay for it. Gw2 is way too forgiving for bad thfs.

your wrong. depending on build you also wont deal damage without stealth.

@"Hitman.5829" said:Correct me if I am wrong, but the marked system reveals the thief AFTER 2 seconds in stealth and only if you have the "marked" debuff.The thief now only spends 1 second less in stealth. Are people really complaining that they cannot spend 1 second more in stealth around sentries or watchtowers?

What has this game become?

if it doesnt make a difference, why add it to begin with?

@Israel.7056 said:It does seem a rather awkward approach to solving the issue of stealth. Does it actually even counter stealth that well?

sentries and towers not. but the trap/trick could be nasty, yet i havent run into one yet with a player nearby ( but i also didnt really hide in keeps/towers since the change, only in stonemist castle)when playing with stealth you still pick your encounter wich means knowing that you will get revealed near a sentry / tower is something you can prepare for. it limits the deadeyes movement a little but for his target it usually wont make a difference. most opponents die to the opener anyway so no chance at using the trick/trap.

its still a bad change for the game as it just reduces the encounters with a deadeye but doesnt change how the encounters will go. as it is overall a nerf the chances are there that next the deadeye will get rather a buff then a nerf leading to even more complains than before. anet has to stop balancing stealth with reveal, that doesnt lead to a healthy encounter for either side, wonder how long it takes for them to rework the entire stealth system and the thief with it.

Archived