Hello! I'm new to GW2 and having trouble deciding on a main. I tend to be an alt-o-holic in other games. Then I get overwhelmed with trying to progress all my characters and don't really get to the 'end game'. I want try to focus this time and am looking for one profession to spend a lot of time on. Then much later I can make other professions as alts. But I can't seem to figure out what would work best for me.
Here's what I'm looking for, any suggestions or thoughts would be appreciated!
- I don't want to be ruled out of any game play due to my profession. I want to be able to participate in dungeons, fractals and raids, as well as world vs world.
- I'm planning on joining a guild but if I do join a random group I don't want to be kicked out just for playing a certain class.
- I don't want a class that's optimal rotation is only 1-2 buttons only; I'm new but I don't mind putting in the effort into learning a more complex class if it is rewarding.
- I like fast-paced game play
- I like the aesthetic of dual wielding weapons (swords, daggers, etc) but this isn't a deal-breaker
- I don't like managing pets
- I'd like to be able to change my spec/weapons to do different things if I'm in the mood. Not just DPS, not just full support.