Good runes for SPvP on power reaper.

SteepledHat.1345

Strengh is not good because might is too easy to corrupt or strip - nullifying half of the rune's utility.

Scholar is superior.

The new speed rune is decent but fits better into WvW as it is good for anti kiting and running away purposes and not node fights.

Soldier is good for shout builds.

Everything else is more or less subpar or useless for power builds.

I mean Power Reaper is all about burst, so a good chunk of power, ferocity, and a flat out damage increase (scholar) is all you can dream about.

It really depends on how you build power reaper

I’ve been having a lot of success with my boon Mance power reaper, and at the moment have settled with antitoxin runes, in tandem with death magic and Sigil of cleansing.

Although it still can’t de pressure a Condi Mesmer, it can nullify almost all Condi builds, and has great survivability via defense modifiers, while still dishing out nice damage.

As for straight up power damage, Rune of the eagle is pretty nice, since after 50% all your damage vamps up significantly, to confirm kills.

pvp:scholarstrengthleadership (only if playing reaper onslaught)chronomancer (only if playing vampiric wells)revenant (only if playing traited shout heal)

in most cases scholar & paladin amulet is your way to go. leadership is useful if you want to cover reapers onslaught quickness behind other boons to make it harder to remove/corrupt. chronomancer is still way to go on wells build and revenant runes got a nice buff to 6th bonus making it worth a mention if facing condi-burst heavy comps if u dont want to use consume conditions..

-

wvw:durabilityspeed

with the buff to 6th bonus rune of durability is superior to any other rune for reaper since the lifeforce pool scales with the 10% increased health pool (~2500hp=250vitality) and the protection when being hit helps to mitigrate burst. it also covers onslaught-quickness.if solo roaming the only other rune to consider is rune of speed if you want to kite (lol) but then I'd suggest a different class.

-edited spelling mistakes

@"KrHome.1920" said:Soldier is good for shout builds.

You probably meant "trooper", no?

For sPvP, I'd say:Speed, if speed of shadow is traited.Eagle, for power builds that don't excessively rely on shroud for dps.Ice can work well with reaper.I'd say forgeman if ANet wasn't overvaluing fireshield and putting a huge 60s ICD on them.

If you dont need the speed but find that moment impairments are a issueTry Hoelbrak rune with Relentless Pursuit In shroud makes you nearly immune to movement impairing conditions although

Speed rune will still outdo this for chill and cripple the only condition that will get you killed will be immobilize

• 3 weeks later...

Archived