Is Edge of the Mist dead?

smashgodlight.6584

So I know I am bringing up a statement that is growing old now .This conversation been stated in a lot of forums before and I wanted to bring it up again to hear some thoughts about the current state of EotM.

I wanted to make some reward tracks and also level up my new character up so I visited Edge of the Mist due to the fact that the Idea of it was to level up faster but sadly . There are no people in the map , you hardly ever found a commander with a small amount of people and there is not that rewarding as the actual WvW is . So this is where I decided to visit the WvW and I surprisingly found a map with a full squad in. Then I decided to ask some questions/

1. "Why EotM is so dead these days ?".
  2. " Any Ideas that can make it (EotM) to come back to life?"

And I have some picture of the thoughts and answers of WvW community

1. https://i.imgur.com/Frl68lf.jpg[/img]
  2. https://i.imgur.com/5YmFNWs.jpg[/img]

So if edge of the mist does not give anything to the game ? why Anet still have it in the game? I mean not a lot of people visit it and when they do they mostly leave due to the lack of popularity and lack of rewards. At least the Devs can do something about it and bring it back to life . I mean it might not bring back the gameplay but they can bring the area back to life and introduce a new type of gameplay. I know am giving up some ideas on how we can save the idea of the EtoM.

As I said before this topic is growing old now and since the pips came to the WvW , edge of the mist it's just an edge abandoned in the game . Personally I would really love to see the area back to life again and this is only just a debate rather than questions. So I would really love to know what are the thoughts of many people about this topic. Also I would love to know if there is any information about the future of the edge of the mist, and hopefully this topic will be more informative towards the Devs of what the community sees about the EtoM so they can do something about it .

Edge of the Mists was only ever supposed to be filler content anyway. It was designed as somewhere you could go to do WvW gameplay while waiting for the queue to get into the real WvW maps. It was very quickly taken over by people using it to farm karma and/or XP which accounted for most of the population and now there's plenty of alternatives to that it's back to it's original position of having no purpose outside of giving WvW players somewhere to go while they're stuck in a queue.

Whether that's a bad thing or not is debatable. I don't think I've been there since they added the Skirmish Reward Track (my server only occasionally has queues and never for all 4 maps) and I can't say I've missed it but I guess some people might. It's nice to know there's an alternative there so I don't see any benefit in removing it from the game.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:Bring EoTM back to life would probably kill WvW in turn.

... yay?...

That shows how badly designed WvW is. The team needs new leadership with a new vision of this problem and how to tackle it head on.

Well which one is better have an unused area in your game or bring it back to life again? It doesn't have to be a way that will destroy the WvW ! They could do something to the map that will attract some attention again and it wont affect the WvW ! not just have an area empty and useless !

EOTM is initially designed as a waiting zone for WvW. Therefore, it doesn't make sense that EOTM should by any means takeaway population from WvW.

Of course, EOTM was made during the peak of Gw2 where there were actually queues, a lot of queues. However, EOTM was introduced after that peak, makes you wonder why they even made it. WvWers back then also thought the waiting map would be simple and not like the current EOTM.

So, if anet intend to keep the intents of EOTM, then, they won't incentivise EOTM.

The fact that EOTM is a wasteland is a reflection on the game mode as a whole. It's original intent was to keep people busy as they waited in a queue. Since the queues aren't nearly as bad now due to player attrition it's become vestigial. They could excise it from the game tomorrow and very few would miss it's absence.

@smashgodlight.6584 said:I wanted to make some reward tracks and also level up my new character up so I visited Edge of the Mist due to the fact that the Idea of it was to level up faster but sadly .

No, the idea of it was never to level up faster, it was a temporary waiting room for wvw queues, but players abused the fact that it gave out easier rewards wxp and exp with it's ktrains and made it their permanent area of play.

Archived