Isn't Anet a bit too harsh to roamers?

Riko.9214

With the new change that basically made builds that use stealth (in almost any amount, since only a couple of abilities in the game give below 3s stealth) there are going to be even less roamers and even more ganking.

I understand they did it to protect zerglings catching up to their blob, but even before I barely saw people going alone in the enemy zone and now it will be even less.

Do they really want us to just blob and gank all day?

@Riko.9214 said:With the new change that basically made builds that use stealth (in almost any amount, since only a couple of abilities in the game give below 3s stealth) there are going to be even less roamers and even more ganking.

I understand they did it to protect zerglings catching up to their blob, but even before I barely saw people going alone in the enemy zone and now it will be even less.

Do they really want us to just blob and gank all day?

Think the main reason was to increase counterplay to stealthy classes hiding in keeps.

As for this change protecting zerglings running back to their blob, what? You cannot kill a zerg build without your stealth?

@LaGranse.8652 said:As for this change protecting zerglings running back to their blob, what? You cannot kill a zerg build without your stealth?

Of cause I can, I can tail a zerg (as long as it tries to lurk on our side) on any of my ele/rev/thief/guard/war/mens and farm zerglings all day.

But I was talking about solo roaming, which means getting deep behind enemy lines. Killing a zergling is still not a problem there either but you will be ganked in no time.

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:For those who have depended on stealth as a free ticket to run around the map, its time to brush up on your map awareness.

Map awareness can save you if you reach no further then a camp nearest to your zone or if you happen to be on a side that holds majority of the map, although in the letter case you can hardly call it roaming any more.

Guys...have you ever heard of advantage to actually own those objectives? If you don't like that enemy has them and can scout you, then flip them. Ez. I guess anyone can flip a camp or sentry in no time.

Btw. when is someone marked, then any class is marked, regardless of if it has stealth or not. Deal with it. Control the map. Or be better when someone shows up to defend their lawn

PS: the marked is really only on few spots and you can travel around the map and still be never spotted, if you know those places.

@Hanakocz.5697 said:Guys...have you ever heard of advantage to actually own those objectives? If you don't like that enemy has them and can scout you, then flip them. Ez. I guess anyone can flip a camp or sentry in no time.

Btw. when is someone marked, then any class is marked, regardless of if it has stealth or not. Deal with it. Control the map. Or be better when someone shows up to defend their lawn

PS: the marked is really only on few spots and you can travel around the map and still be never spotted, if you know those places.

how do you know where the mark traps are to not get marked while roaming?

This solo roamer is enjoying the change. I have more conclusive encounters with stealth builds now. They die or I die instead of the "loser" running off in stealth. I hope ArenaNet tackles some of the other escape mechanics next.

@MUDse.7623 said:if you really think you can roam as efficient with your 'superior' map awareness as someone utilizing stealth on top, your pretty delusional.Stealth was too efficient.

@"Shining One.1635" said:This solo roamer is enjoying the change. I have more conclusive encounters with stealth builds now. They die or I die instead of the "loser" running off in stealth. I hope ArenaNet tackles some of the other escape mechanics next.

@MUDse.7623 said:if you really think you can roam as efficient with your 'superior' map awareness as someone
utilizing
stealth on top, your pretty delusional.Stealth was too efficient.

roaming solo without stealth is too inefficient tho.

@Shining One.1635 said:

@"MUDse.7623" said:roaming solo without stealth is too inefficient tho.How efficient should solo roaming be? I solo roam on several non-stealth builds and I don't feel inefficient. I would certainly feel "overpowered" if I could pick and choose my fights at will though.

well its more efficient to roam in a small group, with stealth you could get to roughly their per person efficiency. but without stealth i dont think its much worth it, unless you are only interested in the encounters as such. in that case you could aswell duel.

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:For those who have depended on stealth as a free ticket to run around the map, its time to brush up on your map awareness.

What happens when I'm flipping a sentry on the way to a camp, solo a tower or keep and a ranger and holo decide to come around a corner? Can't stealth away anymore because revealed and can't really kill them because ANet has systematically nerfed power mesmer below both those classes. Can't run either because ANet decided 1700 range autos should do 3k and SB is as fast as any class now.

No this marked change is completely ridiculous at 2s, it should be 10s, this prevents perma stealth but won't render nearly every stealth ability in the game neutered.

@Shining One.1635 said:

@apharma.3741 said:What happens when I'm flipping a sentry on the way to a camp, solo a tower or keep and a ranger and holo decide to come around a corner?The same thing that happens to non-stealth/escape builds in that situation. You fight and win or die. It happens to me several times a night.

Except those classes are balanced around dropping target via stealth in combat except that's being reduced by this marked debuff. Imagine if marked reduced all invulns, blocks and other active defences to 2s? You'd be a little miffed too.

@apharma.3741 said:The issue is that it shuts down your ability to escape roving bands of gankers as you are no longer able to stealth away because sentries mark you for so long. As I say increase the time it takes to reveal to 10s, it counters perma stealth but allows you to actually escape larger groups.

10s means it wouldnt affect fights anymore only hide and seek games when the stealther is highly outnumbered and restricted in space (keeps/towers).but this also means that there will be again the same stealth complaints, maybe even more as the trap is not a gurateed 30s reveal anymore.

@"Hanakocz.5697" said:Guys...have you ever heard of advantage to actually own those objectives?xD They did, but don't you know that flipping is done by breaching the walls, hide inside, and after the defenders are gone, kill the lord? So, that's a bit of a problem now, with "marked" and stuff . . . ;)

@enkidu.5937 said:

@"Hanakocz.5697" said:Guys...have you ever heard of advantage to actually own those objectives?xD They did, but don't you know that flipping is done by breaching the walls, hide inside, and after the defenders are gone, kill the lord? So, that's a bit of a problem now, with "marked" and stuff . . . ;)

how do i breach the walls if i cant handle the defenders?

@apharma.3741 said:

@apharma.3741 said:What happens when I'm flipping a sentry on the way to a camp, solo a tower or keep and a ranger and holo decide to come around a corner?The same thing that happens to non-stealth/escape builds in that situation. You fight and win or die. It happens to me several times a night.

Except those classes are balanced around dropping target via stealth in combat except that's being reduced by this marked debuff. Imagine if marked reduced all invulns, blocks and other active defences to 2s? You'd be a little miffed too.

oh i have an idea: remove protection+resistance after 2 seconds! (with 5 second downtime after it ofc)

@apharma.3741 said:The issue is that it shuts down your ability to escape roving bands of gankers as you are no longer able to stealth away because sentries mark you for so long. As I say increase the time it takes to reveal to 10s, it counters perma stealth but allows you to actually escape larger groups.Are you implying that when you are on your thief you need stealth to kill a sentry?

Cause it would be hilarious if you did.

Archived