Chair Wars 2

Chasind.3128

I don't really like chairs, they look quite silly. If I want to sit on something, I just sit on my mounts, they are warm and comfy. :) Player housing is the only way to make me buy chairs as decorations. ;) And of course I'd also prefer new hairstyles, faces, tattoos, patterns for Sylvari/Asura, an optional toggle to turn off idle animations on MY character and hide MY weapons out of combat.

@Ray Koopa.2354 said:They should add a bed later on.

if they ever do such a thing i'd rather they straight up just add housing and make everything interactable: chairs, tables, beds, toilets, bathtubs and cabinets lol ^^

@Chasind.3128 said:What do you think of the new chair items?

honestly i never use the other/unique chair items.. i only have the basic chair which i use sometimes... and yeah i'd rather they give us hairstyles and faces for all races rather than chairs

I don't think the time spent on chair skins is wasted. It adds variety and flavour to the game. Certainly I would like to see more player customisation options added, and some animation options for players (e.g. Charr not running and walking with their rifles one handed), but I see no harm in them spending time working on other things. In fact, the way I see it, expecting them to always work on already existing content could be harmful to the game's lifespan, and boring for the dev team. Not to mention the people who worked on chairs are almost certainly nothing to do with balance patches; they are made by modelers, texturers and VFX artists, not programmers and play testers, especially since chairs just hooked off of existing mount code, so time spent coding chairs is probably next to none.

I'm fairly indifferent towards them. Just another way of flexing your epeen. I doubt they take much dev time away from anything important so I could care less if they keep adding more. Though I do suppose if they release a glacial throne I would need to have it hehe xD

@sorudo.9054 said:

@sorudo.9054 said:i hope they add a chair fitting for a necro, one with bones and bone minions holding a cup of blood.

dhuum's chair, hello? dark with green aura. throne for some edge lord necromancer. wing 5.

raid exclusive, hello?elitist in it's finest....

The raids don't require as much skill or DPS as a lot of the raid community wants you to believe. It's easy enough to join a guild with casual/training raid nights, and the DPS check requirement is actually only like... 15k average per player (meaning some who hit much higher make up for some who hit a bit lower). And certain classes can well exceed that even in exotics with simple rotations (Deadeye). After that it's just learning the mechanics.

@Odinens.5920 said:I have given Anet enough money for things, and I don't mind really, however, I absolutely reFUSE to pay for a friggin chair.

Nope, nope, aaaaaand nope!

I'd prefer to see almost anything other than chairs.

But you can get a Chair for free through an Achievement. I myself would never pay for them either but if it is for free why not? Took me only 20-25 mins to complete it :)

@Chasind.3128 said:What do you think of the new chair items?

What would you rather have that effort put into, instead of another chair skin?

For me, New hairstyles/ customization/ faces/ class balances/ more challenging content

The idea of art devs being repurposed to challenging content development and class balance is frightening. The idea of class balance being paywall gated would annoy me.

@Draco.9480 said:

@sorudo.9054 said:i hope they add a chair fitting for a necro, one with bones and bone minions holding a cup of blood.

dhuum's chair, hello? dark with green aura. throne for some edge lord necromancer. wing 5.

raid exclusive, hello?elitist in it's finest....

and? what's so elitist about it? play harder then.

maybe not, maybe i just want a chair like i suggested instead of someone being a smart ass pushing me in a game play i absolutely detest.

Archived