Am I wrong for playing Core Necro in spvp?

TheDevice.2751

@Les.4872 said:I don't know why you're getting hate. Core necro is a disgustingly tanky build. It's just as good as reaper or scourge in the right hands. Just keep playing it. The ones who criticize probably don't know what they're talking about either.

its really not that good. I mean, are you talking power core necro? Condi necro does nothing. Like really nothing. My question would be, what could you possibly be running to make it tanky? Not even reapers are tanky anymore.

This is why out of about 25 games, im the only core necro.

I mean screw that like all this season and last season, the season before that, the season before that, cont...

Ive been the only core necro.

@TheDevice.2751 said:

@Les.4872 said:I don't know why you're getting hate. Core necro is a disgustingly tanky build. It's just as good as reaper or scourge in the right hands. Just keep playing it. The ones who criticize probably don't know what they're talking about either.

its really not that good. I mean, are you talking power core necro? Condi necro does nothing. Like really nothing. My question would be, what could you possibly be running to make it tanky? Not even reapers are tanky anymore.

Minions. ;)

Lol, today i had a Scourge complaining i was on my Rev in the pre-game. We won pretty handily. I mean the funny thing about people following religiously the "meta" at lower rankings (Under Plat 2) is that they still end up stuck at the same rating as many people playing off-meta stuff. Go figure.

TL:DR Play what you want unless you plan to laser-focus on being hyper-competitive in this game, it makes no difference.

P.S I'm aware Rev is very good/meta in high end games but in Gold 2/3, it basically doesn't exists.

@"Griever.8150" said:Lol, today i had a Scourge complaining i was on my Rev in the pre-game. We won pretty handily. I mean the funny thing about people following religiously the "meta" at lower rankings (Under Plat 2) is that they still end up stuck at the same rating as many people playing off-meta stuff. Go figure.

TL:DR Play what you want unless you plan to laser-focus on being hyper-competitive in this game, it makes no difference.

P.S I'm aware Rev is very good/meta in high end games but in Gold 2/3, it basically doesn't exists.

I just dont hink too many people know the extent of core reapers uhm... unviabile-ness. I mean check it out sometime, its pretty aweful in terms of viability.

I enjoy the old magey style and kinda wished it was better but oh wells.

@Airdive.2613 said:I don't think core necromancer is awful. Death shroud's skills are great and you have options for heavy boon corruption/well support while maintaining steady damage output.

see, here's the thing... do you play core necro in spvp?

Lots of peoply say its not bad, but they don't actually play it... at all. Nobody does. I dont ever see anyone else play it and if you do play it, people get mad at your for doing it and I guess they just play worse. There is merit to why nobody plays it though lol. lets be clear on that. Its pretty aweful.

@TheDevice.2751 said:

@"Airdive.2613" said:I don't think core necromancer is awful. Death shroud's skills are great and you have options for heavy boon corruption/well support while maintaining steady damage output.

Lots of peoply
say
its not bad, but they don't actually play it... at all. Nobody does. I dont ever see anyone else play it and if you do play it, people get mad at your for doing it and I guess they just play worse. There is merit to why nobody plays it though lol. lets be clear on that. Its pretty aweful.

Its not because something isn't popular that it doesn't work, i duo'd with a friend to Plat1 on my Scrapper a couple season's ago (not bothering with playing support without someone with me lol) and how many of these do you see?

And i'm a fairly casual player (i log on like 2-3 times a week or so).

If it really bothers you that much though, why not try Scourge, it seem (at least from the outside, i don't play necro at all) to retain the more "mage-y" playstyle the core class has.

@TheDevice.2751 said:I get a lot of hate about playing Core Necro on my teams. Should I stop playing it? If so, should anet just ban core necro from spvp?

If you're comfortable playing that build and you have fun, then keep doing so. Remember that there will always be someone complaining during some matches, just ignore them and move on.

I tend to get some heat because of my core support/healer guard build and the person complaining usually acts as if I count for (or am) the whole team. I just ignore them and keep my cool, no point getting into arguments or angry. I just want to enjoy the game in my free time :-)

OP you're asking if you should play core necro in your original post and then all your follow up posts talk about how unviable and trash core necro is.

What's your angle here? Are you trolling everyone? I think so.

Let me reword your post. "Hi. I think core necro is unviable and total trash tier. Should i play it in ranked?"

Forgive me if you feel hostility the booze is real but WILL NOT BE TROLLED NOPE

Play what you want, you'll reach an MMR where your player skill can overcome your crappy build. You will probably notice this has happened when you start fighting people and you can just completely dominate them.

Sure, you could probably play one of the meta scourge builds and get to a much higher MMR, bit if you aren't having fun it isn't worth it.

@TheDevice.2751 said:I get a lot of hate about playing Core Necro on my teams. Should I stop playing it? If so, should anet just ban core necro from spvp?its trash my dudebut you should never let others decide what you play, so just remove the chat and keep at itif someone tries to be an armchair commander its your duty to do your best to spite and frustrate him

@"Sampson.2403" said:OP you're asking if you should play core necro in your original post and then all your follow up posts talk about how unviable and trash core necro is.

What's your angle here? Are you trolling everyone? I think so.

Let me reword your post. "Hi. I think core necro is unviable and total trash tier. Should i play it in ranked?"

Forgive me if you feel hostility the booze is real but WILL NOT BE TROLLED NOPE

No you misunderstand. I don't play core necro because its good, I play it because i like it. It's definitely bad.

@TheDevice.2751 said:

@Airdive.2613 said:I don't think core necromancer is awful. Death shroud's skills are great and you have options for heavy boon corruption/well support while maintaining steady damage output.

Well, I had been playing core necromancer while filling out 200 win achievement some time before PoF, reaching platinum in the process.These days, I only play my (still core) necromancer occasionally in WvW to roam, often with satisfying results. If I were to play necromancer in PvP again, though, I'd still try core necromancer first.

@TheDevice.2751 said:

This is why out of about 25 games, im the only core necro.

I mean screw that like all this season and last season, the season before that, the season before that, cont...

Ive been the only core necro.

Boon corrupt man. Full boon bar into condis just like that cause you can take both spite and curses. Plus it can tank hard man. Lots of life force generation from death shroud 4. Also death shroud drains slower than reaper shroud so that also adds to sustain. Really good vs boon heavy classes like guardians and engineers. Now POWER core necro does nothing. Thats just budget reaper. Condi core necro is strong. Not above and beyond but pretty solid.

Lol. Every class will melt you unless they are noobs. Scourge and reaper will pummel you with condis and 6k autos. My advice is play core necro only in matches where you think youre a level above the rest of the players. And tank condi core necro is the only viable spec. Power is waste of time.

Archived