some questions about the world of gw, (divinity's reach and mursaat)

Amanda Whitemoon.6173

The first question: is about Divinity's Reach and Queensdale. its build in the Giant's Basin and the dams seem to let out water into lakes and rivers below, that is seemingly used for farming. But.. the Giant's Basin is a saltwater lake, is that useful for drinkingwater or crops?

Second Question: The Mursaat wanted to keep the door of Komali closed because Glint's prophecy told them the Chosen would open it and cause the mursaat to get killed. so in a way of self-safety they searched for the chosen and killed them on the bloodstones to use their soles to keep the door of Komali shut. But now, the Titans, who where behind the door killed alot of mursaat when they got out, like the prophecies told, but why did they go after the mursaat? I thought the titans are basicly Abaddon's minions created in the Realm of Torment. why do the titans dislike/hate the mursaat? or why does Abaddon hate/dislike the mursaat? are the titans made from tormented spectral agony victims?does Abaddon dislike them because their Spectral Agony magic didnt come from Abaddon?

@Amanda Whitemoon.6173 said:The first question: is about Divinity's Reach and Queensdale. its build in the Giant's Basin and the dams seem to let out water into lakes and rivers below, that is seemingly used for farming. But.. the Giant's Basin is a saltwater lake, is that useful for drinkingwater or crops?

They likely have filtration systems in the dams and other waterworks.

@Amanda Whitemoon.6173 said:Second Question: The Mursaat wanted to keep the door of Komali closed because Glint's prophecy told them the Chosen would open it and cause the mursaat to get killed. so in a way of self-safety they searched for the chosen and killed them on the bloodstones to use their soles to keep the door of Komali shut. But now, the Titans, who where behind the door killed alot of mursaat when they got out, like the prophecies told, but why did they go after the mursaat? I thought the titans are basicly Abaddon's minions created in the Realm of Torment. why do the titans dislike/hate the mursaat? or why does Abaddon hate/dislike the mursaat? are the titans made from tormented spectral agony victims?does Abaddon dislike them because their Spectral Agony magic didnt come from Abaddon?

• The titans were ordered to hunt down the mursaat by Khilbron, who was doing so to further fulfill the Flameseeker Prophecies where, except for the hidden verse, said the Flameseeker (aka Khilbron) would gain the power of the Flame (aka the titans).
  • Titans aren't Abaddon's minions, but were on loan. They were made by The Fury which would make them Dhuum's minions more than likely; though it's possible that Abaddon merely taught Dhuum's general how to make them, the method for making them is far more Dhuum-esque. Of course, titans should also be able to be made in the wild (Gorseval highly resembles titans in how it's formed).
  • No indication that titans or Abaddon hate/dislike the mursaat. But if Abaddon's goal was global domination, then the mursaat were rivals as their goal was global domination too.
  • Titans are not made from spectral agony victims, but are made from a ritual which utilizes tormented souls. This is likely why they're resilient to Spectral Agony (if we take the name literally, then spectral beings made out of malice and torment like the Eidolons and Titans would be more or less immune since it's just adding to what they're made out of).

@Amanda Whitemoon.6173 said:The first question: is about Divinity's Reach and Queensdale. its build in the Giant's Basin and the dams seem to let out water into lakes and rivers below, that is seemingly used for farming. But.. the Giant's Basin is a saltwater lake, is that useful for drinkingwater or crops?

If my elementary geography class serves me correct, dams are placed on river outlets, not on lakes. This causes creation of accumulated lake or enlarges existing lake because of the way water is stored/regulated. Also, if my google skills serve me correctly there is no river outlet from a salted large lake in real world.

So this is one of those things where you just have to explain it by it being a game. Also, as was mention before, you can explain it by maybe some kind of filtration systems

So there isnt any clear good reason as to why, just wondered if i had missed something in all the lore.Also, the 'flame' probably does not rever to the titans, as the titans aren't fiery themselves, thats just location. And Glint says "seek the Flame, for within it lies the power to destroy both good and evil", seems the Flame is revering to the volcano itslef, or the door.

Well, personally i think it would be a whole new level of irony if they where made from Spectral Agony victims, because they then basicly created the beings of their own demise to try to stop those beings from being their downfall. i know its all just my imagination trying to come up with a reason. but i think its a better reason than "because the prophecies said so"

@"Amanda Whitemoon.6173" said:Well, personally i think it would be a whole new level of irony if they where made from Spectral Agony victims, because they then basicly created the beings of their own demise to try to stop those beings from being their downfall. i know its all just my imagination trying to come up with a reason. but i think its a better reason than "because the prophecies said so"

Titans are 100% not Spectral Agony victims, given that they were made by The Fury:

"The Fury uses demonic troops to torment the souls of the prisoners within these walls. Those torments souls are part of some dark ritual to create powerful titans."https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Relkyss_the_Broken

Archived