Urgent updates required

Michram.6853

My most urgent would be, for the safety of some players:1) Flashing Lights Warnings: Epilepsy is a very dangerous ilness, and the flashing lights can cause a horrible health problems, even death. Its even more dangerous when you are alone at home, and you get this flashing lights bombarding. So I'm not asking on my behalf, just for the safety of some players. (if I may I put an link about this illness: https://www.epilepsy.org.uk/info/photosensitive-epilepsy)

2) Give us an option to switch off the shiny effects on the armors etc.Have you seen a permafrost dyed griffon skin: Fire pinion? I did and I had to go to the place where my eyes won't get insane.

Same with a lot of skills, they are just too shiny, too much effects, too much flashing lights. It HAS to stop, really.

And there is a lot of feedbacks like mine. Way too shiny, it's just not necessary, people will be also happier when they will get some beautiful, non-shiny armor sets or weapons. We will survive this! And my eyes at this point CAN'T survive this. Legendaries should only have some extra shiny, but Ad Infinitum is that shiny that I can't see my character.

Effect LOD and low character limit + post processing off when it's really bad.

The only place where I couldn't look at my screen was a 50 man specimen chamber meta on Sandswept Isles, before they changed skills to not scale up to enemy size anymore. I don't think there is any issue with flashing lights whatsoever. Do you have any examples?

@Blocki.4931 said:Effect LOD and low character limit + post processing off when it's really bad.

The only place where I couldn't look at my screen was a 50 man specimen chamber meta on Sandswept Isles, before they changed skills to not scale up to enemy size anymore. I don't think there is any issue with flashing lights whatsoever. Do you have any examples?

1) Aurene's vision in Daybreak and especially in A Star to Guide Us2) first cutscene in the Shattered Observatory3) City of Hope chapter- the Egg's vision

@"Arden.7480" said:My most urgent would be, for the safety of some players:1) Flashing Lights Warnings: Epilepsy is a very dangerous ilness, and the flashing lights can cause a horrible health problems, even death. Its even more dangerous when you are alone at home, and you get this flashing lights bombarding. So I'm not asking on my behalf, just for the safety of some players. (if I may I put an link about this illness: https://www.epilepsy.org.uk/info/photosensitive-epilepsy)

You mean this seizure warning? Found here.

While I am not worried about seizures since these are extremely rare, I'm very concerned about eye damages caused by so many camera flashes this game has.

I think Holosmith is the best (worst?) example. Just about every weapon skill and utility skill causes strong camera flash. This is a very serious issue. Anybody who plays Holosmith regularly WILL damage their eyes. I myself had to resort to using eye drops several times a day from flashes caused by regular engineer... before I even got Holosmith. Holosmith is just unacceptable and I just turned my engineer to storage character out of concern for my eye health.

Of course, Holosmith isn’t the only problem. Air elementalist is also very bad. I heard Firebrand is bad, too. Every class has some flashing lights that are unhealthy. There was a boss, I believe in Tangled Depths, that was constantly flashing red lights. There are too many to list. Combine multiple of these and you have a game that is very dangerous to overall eye health.

I don’t know why Anet is so dead set on keeping such unhealthy flashing and bright lights. Graphics wise, they DON’T make the game look better. Overuse of such bright lights as visual effects is very shallow and something only artists with no creativity do, to cover something up. Looking at how beautiful this game is, we don’t need such amateur and unhealthy camera flashes to cover anything up. Anet’s artists are excellent enough to create beautiful visual effects that are not mere camera flashes and bright lights.

If they have any concern and respect for their customers, Anet really need to go back and completely redo every flashing lights immediately.

On a side note, it would be great if visual effects don’t create visual clutter, either. Some effects are not unhealthy, but can make it hard to see the enemy, especially in a group event.

"And there is a lot of feedbacks like mine." ~first post

Couldn't find a single Dev's statement, so I want to make it even louder, because it is very wanted by the players, because in contrary, we care about our Brothers and Sisters with the epilepsy. At least it looks like that, doesn't mean they may have already the plans we don't know about.

As with color blindness, epilepsy is a condition that occurs outside of any particular game, and should be handled at the video driver/interface level for those who need these measures. It is not efficient and probably impossible to expect every developer of every video game to reinvent solutions to problems that affect a small minority of the player base. Make your suggestions in forums with the appropriate scope, such as your GPU vendor (nvidia/AMD). There is no reason why individual game developers should have to expend a disproportionate amount of their resources on solving the same non game related problems.

I am not asking for the complete change of graphics, just the warning: This Cinematic contains flashing lights.

And the shiny effects affect 100% of GW2's community, and some skills, skins and effects are just WAY to shiny.

Ice Encasement Outfit+Permafrost+Ad Infinitum+he is sitting on Fire Pinion Griffon dyed Permafrost+has Winter's Presence.

I am going to put a photo, because I have all of those skins and items. Just wait. @"Leablo.2651"

https://imgur.com/a/IDH5h1r imagine me, running around with Elementalist's most flashy effects and permafrosted from head to toe

@Arden.7480 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:Effect LOD and low character limit + post processing off when it's really bad.

1) Aurene's vision in Daybreak and especially in A Star to Guide Us2) first cutscene in the Shattered Observatory3) City of Hope chapter- the Egg's vision

any fight in game with a big group

@Arden.7480 said:I am not asking for the complete change of graphics, just the warning: This Cinematic contains flashing lights.

And the shiny effects affect 100% of GW2's community, and some skills, skins and effects are just WAY to shiny.

Ice Encasement Outfit+Permafrost+Ad Infinitum+he is sitting on Fire Pinion Griffon dyed Permafrost+has Winter's Presence.

I am going to put a photo, because I have all of those skins and items. Just wait. @"Leablo.2651"

https://imgur.com/a/IDH5h1r imagine me, running around with Elementalist's most flashy effects and permafrosted from head to toe

Compared to the atrocities you can commit with polyluminescent infusions that is pretty mild.

Archived