playing revenant is borderline exploiting — Guild Wars 2 Forums

playing revenant is borderline exploiting

incisorr.9502incisorr.9502 Member ✭✭✭

whatever i guess there's no hope that this class will ever get addressed? High elo is plagued with people borderline exploiting by playing revenant because the class is so ridiculously overpowered and unfair right now.

It has multiple to-target teleports that go through walls with unblockable attacks and very low/non-existent cooldowns while being capable of 2shotting you. It has chill debuff (op), it has weakness debuff (op), it has no cooldown stunbreaker, in the hands of someone that can play it its literally unkillable because he can disengage from any fight and just engage where his teammates are fighting due to ridiculous mobility and no cooldown unblockable tp engages

(herald) literally has everything it needs, its 30 times more op than thief ,its unkiteable, it even has kitten reveal lmao that's how overloaded it is. It has easy self buffs, it has invulnerability like uhm okay.. i get it was or used to be hard but this class has been ridiculous on higher elo for months and the ppl that can play it are just non-stop abusing it and then you go to the forum where there's mostly lower elo/average people posting and you see them cry about class balance when they can't even use the classes correctly and then how can anet even know how broken high elo is?

right now the biggest issues on high elo are how incredibly high the power dmg is and everyone is abusing it and rev is at the forefront of that..

<134

Comments

  • incisorr.9502incisorr.9502 Member ✭✭✭

    @JayAction.9056 said:
    The reality is the opposite.

    Rev is ok. Every POF spec is stronger than REV as a whole except for revs own POF spec.

    The multiple nerfs to the POF specs made it so playing Rev is actually double. I wouldn’t call Rev meta. There are 9 classes. There are at least 10 or more specs quite a bit better than Revs best.

    Rev damage is “extremely” low as far as power damage goes actually.

    Edit: It’s the same build from 2015 and it’s weaker now and the competition is stronger (POF specs). It’s almost 2k19

    same buff but with 300 extra buff and 300 extra nerfs on everyone else

    rev even made it to the first page of metabattle and that site is outdated and not always realistic, that's how broken it is. I haven't seen a single person at higher elo not acknowledge how ludicrously broken rev is. You can't just barge in here and blurt out some statement like this one with zero credibility or experience or anything

    rev is beyond any reason whatsoever

  • Hitman.5829Hitman.5829 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Revenant is so OP against warrior that even endure pain us completely useless against their life siphon.

    Charr Warrior Master Race!
    Black Gate Beast Roamer chicken chaser!

  • tinyreborn.1938tinyreborn.1938 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 18, 2018

    Necromancer life stealing do damage through endure pain iirc. Thats how its coded probably (life steal ignore endure pain,thats it :d)

  • Jeknar.6184Jeknar.6184 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @tinyreborn.1938 said:
    Necromancer life stealing do damage through endure pain iirc. Thats how its coded probably (life steal ignore endure pain,thats it :d)

    And who said necromancer isn't op? :kappa:

    Ferguson's Crossing Mithril Raider (Rank 4444) - PvP Phoenix (Rank 72) - 29k Achievment Points
    Calamis Fatima / Kawagima / Hanna Flintlocke / Sabetha Deadeye

  • jportell.2197jportell.2197 Member ✭✭✭

    @bravan.3876 said:
    Its so funny to see all these cry threads about classes only good in good players hands (like mesmer and rev) but barely any about braindead playable broken stuff like Soulbeast and Holo. Also way to rewarding classes like core Guard (rewarding for that they need like -100 braincells to be played effective) no complains. It is simple as it is: Player only cry about stuff they get rekt by but can't get carried themself in the same way.

    Its actually pretty darn funny people always complain about the burst of condi mirage. Usually the only class that I see go down immediately after my condi burst is other mirages. Literally every other class in the game can continually cleanse the condis or has ways to negate it like resistance etc.

  • @Jeknar.6184 said:

    @tinyreborn.1938 said:
    Necromancer life stealing do damage through endure pain iirc. Thats how its coded probably (life steal ignore endure pain,thats it :d)

    And who said necromancer isn't op? :kappa:

    kitten you are right! NECROMANCER NEEDANOThER nERF!11111

  • mortrialus.3062mortrialus.3062 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Raiden The Beast.3016 said:
    B U F F teef

    Downvote.

  • weakness or bust

  • MyPuppy.8970MyPuppy.8970 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @jportell.2197 said:

    @bravan.3876 said:
    Its so funny to see all these cry threads about classes only good in good players hands (like mesmer and rev) but barely any about braindead playable broken stuff like Soulbeast and Holo. Also way to rewarding classes like core Guard (rewarding for that they need like -100 braincells to be played effective) no complains. It is simple as it is: Player only cry about stuff they get rekt by but can't get carried themself in the same way.

    Its actually pretty darn funny people always complain about the burst of condi mirage. Usually the only class that I see go down immediately after my condi burst is other mirages. Literally every other class in the game can continually cleanse the condis or has ways to negate it like resistance etc.

    I think the reason is that people had to find a way to survive through scourges, condi mirages and condi thieves to a lesser extent. Just like some disease, people developped a natural resistance. Until the next plague.

  • @bravan.3876 said:
    Its so funny to see all these cry threads about classes only good in good players hands (like mesmer and rev) but barely any about braindead playable broken stuff like Soulbeast and Holo. Also way to rewarding classes like core Guard (rewarding for that they need like -100 braincells to be played effective) no complains. It is simple as it is: Player only cry about stuff they get rekt by but can't get carried themselves in the same way.

    Its funny because you're explaining also how unfair this game is just by its core design of the classes .

    They didn't make some builds on certain classes braindead... THEY MADE THE ENTIRE CLASS BRAINDEAD to play while making other classes high reward for higher skill cieling. The skill cieling just means it takes longer to learn but its not that difficult to actually play once you know how.

    ANET completely allows ENTIRE classes to be considered low risk / low reward or rather, low skill cieling. Not a build, not a spec, the ENTIRE profession.

    It's lazy design and I think has just been a form of favoritism shown by the devs overall.

    You'll notice that none of the people on the balance team or in content creation mains some of these underperforming classes or classes with overly simplistic playstyles (low skill ceilings). This is because they are unfun, bland and easy to counter. Actually the only true braindead class is necromancer lol. They never made reaper or scourge actually fun to play because they bar it behind the same tropes and low skill ceilings as they've always done. They made them stat-reliant with heavy cast times and slow animations because... they're the dumb idiot class. They can't allow it to have any focus-fire skills, be less stat reliant or allow more active defenses because then the skill ceiling would go up and we can't have that. ANY CLASS THAT CANT GET AWAY WITH RUNNING ZERKERS IS A LOW SKILL CIELING CLASS ...and there is only ONE.

    Necros are meant for new players who are testing the waters of pvp until they graduate from noob to the better classes like mirage and holosmith.

  • Necros is top tier in PvP and has the most viable builds available, what are you on ?

  • incisorr.9502incisorr.9502 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 18, 2018

    @ventusthunder.5067 said:
    If you're dying consistently to a rev as a condi mirage to the point that you need to rage multiple times about how weak condi is and how completely op power is, you should probably reconsider why you're such a high elo mlg gw2 player anyway. If all your peers at the top of the ladder agree with you, why bother bringing your opinion down to the plebians?

    whos talking about 1v1 ? Implying anyone sane picks rev to play for 1v1 dueling against mirage. Get real

    rev is a hard counter to mirage in team fights cause mirage can't get away when getting ambushed by a rev while fighting someone else and having cooldowns and not being full hp.

    people that think 1v1 balance matters (where you can cheese to infinity) in a game with only official mode being 5v5 and then take a class that has insane mobility and ganking potential and say that this class "loses 1v1 to mirage " have some severe issues

    i bring this "opinion " down to the forum because its the only place that we can give feedback on that can make some difference

    and there's nothing about opinion when i say there are more revenants in top 30 than there are mesmers, it's a fact that can be looked at. Also lol at bringing my class in every single thread when that's not even the topic here. The topic is revenant, i can play anything else and it'll still be revenant that does the same stuff

    hard facts -
    more revs in top 30-50 than mesmers
    a single mesmer out of TWENTY PEOPLE in top 20 for the last season (wow so op)

  • MyPuppy.8970MyPuppy.8970 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @incisorr.9502 said:
    rev is a hard counter to mirage in team fights cause mirage can't get away when getting ambushed by a rev while fighting someone else and having cooldowns and not being full hp.

    If a mirage can't, who could then?

  • jportell.2197jportell.2197 Member ✭✭✭

    @MyPuppy.8970 said:

    @incisorr.9502 said:
    rev is a hard counter to mirage in team fights cause mirage can't get away when getting ambushed by a rev while fighting someone else and having cooldowns and not being full hp.

    If a mirage can't, who could then?

    Lol. Literally the first time I see a rev in a team fight everything I have goes onto him cuz the sooner he burns his CDs the sooner he deas.

  • Rev is anything but op. Sure they hit hard, but it comes at a cost.

    Besides, ever heard of rock paper scissors? I don't believe any rev build is a hard counter (or even a counter to any type of mesmer build), BUT, is a condition mirage not allowed to have a counter? Like seriously here... Is the sky really falling because some sort of build emerged from the works that counters a condition mirage?

  • Jeknar.6184Jeknar.6184 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @DeadlySynz.3471 said:
    Rev is anything but op. Sure they hit hard, but it comes at a cost.

    Besides, ever heard of rock paper scissors? I don't believe any rev build is a hard counter (or even a counter to any type of mesmer build), BUT, is a condition mirage not allowed to have a counter? Like seriously here... Is the sky really falling because some sort of build emerged from the works that counters a condition mirage?

    How is he going to be "The only condi mirage in the top 20" with evil revenants killing him? Better ask for a nerf.

    Ferguson's Crossing Mithril Raider (Rank 4444) - PvP Phoenix (Rank 72) - 29k Achievment Points
    Calamis Fatima / Kawagima / Hanna Flintlocke / Sabetha Deadeye

  • Ovark.2514Ovark.2514 Member ✭✭✭

    Rev has to sacrifice almost nothing to get all the tricks other classes dream of having. Sure they can't remove conditions well (meta build that is), but they have so many evades and blocks that it's a moot point since evades, blocks, and stunbreaks are worth far more than condi removal since they can be used against ANY build.

  • Obtena.7952Obtena.7952 Member ✭✭✭✭

    "Playing Revenant is Borderline Exploiting" and "Mesmers most broken class in game" are literally neck and neck in the PVP forum right now ... COINCIDENCE or CONSPIRACY?

    If you think balancing is only driven by performance and justified by comparisons to other classes then prepare to be educated:

    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/balance-updates-the-heralds-near-future-and-pvp-league-season-13/

  • having skill is unfair

  • @ArthurDent.9538 said:
    Wait when did rev disengage start getting considered good?...

    Not godtier disengage like a couple other builds. It's conditional cos it requires a target in a suitable place, but their shadowsteps are fantastic for disengage in the right circumstances.

  • Jeknar.6184Jeknar.6184 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 19, 2018

    @kin korn karn.9023 said:

    @ArthurDent.9538 said:
    Wait when did rev disengage start getting considered good?...

    Not godtier disengage like a couple other builds. It's conditional cos it requires a target in a suitable place, but their shadowsteps are fantastic for disengage in the right circumstances.

    So it's the same as a Meditation guardian then? Not exactly godtier if you need perfect conditions to pull it off... Shadowstep followed by Infiltrator Arrow is much more god'ish than that.

    Ferguson's Crossing Mithril Raider (Rank 4444) - PvP Phoenix (Rank 72) - 29k Achievment Points
    Calamis Fatima / Kawagima / Hanna Flintlocke / Sabetha Deadeye

  • Rev has bad sustain and its disengage is worse than Thief. If you're worried about damage just put protection on yourself and weakness on him. Or boon strip his might.

  • @Jeknar.6184 said:

    @kin korn karn.9023 said:

    @ArthurDent.9538 said:
    Wait when did rev disengage start getting considered good?...

    Not godtier disengage like a couple other builds. It's conditional cos it requires a target in a suitable place, but their shadowsteps are fantastic for disengage in the right circumstances.

    So it's the same as a Meditation guardian then? Not exactly godtier if you need perfect conditions to pull it off... Shadowstep followed by Infiltrator Arrow is much more god'ish than that.

    I already said it's not godtier, so we agree on that. Med guard's 1200 range port is on high CD, so less useful for disengage, and sword 2's range doesn't get you very far. But yeah, that's basically the idea, Rev just has better access to long-range teleports.

    Traditional Thief is basically irrelevant in this meta, as it's been overshadowed by superior roaming damage dealers (primarily Rev). Rev is essentially Thief on steroids, it just doesn't backcap as well.

    Anyway, this "disengage" nitpicking is not really the OP's point, I don't think. His complaint is that the high mobility paired with high damage and relatively high sustain (at least in short bursts) is pretty insane, and nobody can reasonably claim otherwise.

  • I disagree, revenant doesn't have enough evades that it can chain together, and it definitely doesn't have high enough burst on a rediculously short CD with almost no tell! They should decrease of the energy of riposting shadows to like 5 energy, and double the damage on off-hand sword skills. Also, I think phase traversal should have its energy reduced to 10, and be usable as a ground-target when someone isn't targeted to help with mobility between points. No matter what they do, they shouldn't give just a little bit of condi cleanse, and defnitely shouldn't nerf the damage in conjunction with doing that - that would be terrible game design.

    Remember, it doesn't matter if an enemy is frustrated by your skills, as long as you feel strong using them that is all that matters.

  • whoknocks.4935whoknocks.4935 Member ✭✭✭✭

    And thinking how rev was completely garbage together with elementalist in the pvp scenario, and now call it out as broken xD People is never happy.

    I must admit that revenant lost his high skill floor needed to play the class, sword off hand is thr easiest thing to use on the class and now you can have good results with it even if you are an average player, but I think it's far from being broken.

    Other things like fb/scourge duo are in meta since 1 year(maybe more?) and they are the most abused unfun to play against composition, problems must be looked somewhere else, and I am not a rev main.

  • @Jeknar.6184 said:

    @kin korn karn.9023 said:

    @ArthurDent.9538 said:
    Wait when did rev disengage start getting considered good?...

    Not godtier disengage like a couple other builds. It's conditional cos it requires a target in a suitable place, but their shadowsteps are fantastic for disengage in the right circumstances.

    So it's the same as a Meditation guardian then? Not exactly godtier if you need perfect conditions to pull it off... Shadowstep followed by Infiltrator Arrow is much more god'ish than that.

    PT need energy ,dont have ~35s cd . Sword offhand instant teleport also. I think when you cover instant 2000~ range thats really good and can clap any mesmer/thief running away from a great distance too ;)

    @ventusthunder.5067
    I suppose that's the reason why there's very few threads complaining about it while the feedback thread on condi mirage has over 500 posts.

    People never stopped to complaint about memser even when it was bad . I dont see anything unusual there.
    But you are right there. He behave in a way he is best mesmer in game left that only being able to play it to ~top20 while playing some cheese incarnation of something isnt allowed to mention... Last season was a huge lie from anet that no one get titles so people didnt play it even . Not like it matters anyway

<134
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.