playing revenant is borderline exploiting - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

playing revenant is borderline exploiting

Comments

• The Ace.9105The Ace.9105 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 19, 2018

@incisorr.9502 said:

@ventusthunder.5067 said:
    If you're dying consistently to a rev as a condi mirage to the point that you need to rage multiple times about how weak condi is and how completely op power is, you should probably reconsider why you're such a high elo mlg gw2 player anyway. If all your peers at the top of the ladder agree with you, why bother bringing your opinion down to the plebians?

whos talking about 1v1 ? Implying anyone sane picks rev to play for 1v1 dueling against mirage. Get real

rev is a hard counter to mirage in team fights cause mirage can't get away when getting ambushed by a rev while fighting someone else and having cooldowns and not being full hp.

people that think 1v1 balance matters (where you can cheese to infinity) in a game with only official mode being 5v5 and then take a class that has insane mobility and ganking potential and say that this class "loses 1v1 to mirage " have some severe issues

i bring this "opinion " down to the forum because its the only place that we can give feedback on that can make some difference

and there's nothing about opinion when i say there are more revenants in top 30 than there are mesmers, it's a fact that can be looked at. Also lol at bringing my class in every single thread when that's not even the topic here. The topic is revenant, i can play anything else and it'll still be revenant that does the same stuff

hard facts -
    more revs in top 30-50 than mesmers
    a single mesmer out of TWENTY PEOPLE in top 20 for the last season (wow so op)

So basically nerf skill and more cheese, right? Playing herald actually somewhat has still that old vanilla feeling. It's not cheese like mesmer that has the same animation on everything and you'll never know if it's invulnerability or not and it doesn't spam endless amount of clones/phantasms and afk while the clones/phantasms do insane damage and the mesmer can just kite around nor break the target on every ability. Rev dies pretty easily if you know how to play against it and it basically has no heal skill if you stop attacking it when glint heal is up.

It's also not op like holo that can use the elixir s and one shot the rev with stuncombo or a spellbreaker that can do the same.

Can't fight against rev in 1v2!!! You shouldn't be able to. Unfortunately if you do well enough you just port away and when the rev chases you use invulnerability and do condi burst and you'll kill the herald from 100 to 0 in seconds because herald used all of it's energy to chase you and becomes useless. That's how you beat it in 1v2 situation.

During teamfights burst herald after glint heal and it dies pretty easily.

I think you are just too used to cheese stuff and when facing a class that you have to think ahead when fighting against it and bait it's abilities and stuff you just get tilted and it makes you mad and frustrated.

Now if you ask me about herald changes i would agree with more survivability but right now it's pretty much a high risk high reward class that requires some skill to play. Otherwise you are just perma dead everywhere.

• apharma.3741apharma.3741 Member ✭✭✭✭

@JayAction.9056 said:

@incisorr.9502 said:

@JayAction.9056 said:
    The reality is the opposite.

Rev is ok. Every POF spec is stronger than REV as a whole except for revs own POF spec.

The multiple nerfs to the POF specs made it so playing Rev is actually double. I wouldn’t call Rev meta. There are 9 classes. There are at least 10 or more specs quite a bit better than Revs best.

Rev damage is “extremely” low as far as power damage goes actually.

Edit: It’s the same build from 2015 and it’s weaker now and the competition is stronger (POF specs). It’s almost 2k19

same buff but with 300 extra buff and 300 extra nerfs on everyone else

rev even made it to the first page of metabattle and that site is outdated and not always realistic, that's how broken it is. I haven't seen a single person at higher elo not acknowledge how ludicrously broken rev is. You can't just barge in here and blurt out some statement like this one with zero credibility or experience or anything

rev is beyond any reason whatsoever

I was just top 10 solo q rev.

Trust me it’s not even middle of the pack if we are comparing it to the best of each class. It’s dead last.

Rev is due for some buffs at this point. You realize it’s the same build from 2015? All the dominant HOT specs were nerfed. Then came POF specs which were even stronger.

Just know if you are losing to rev you are losing to a weak version of a 2015 build nearly 4 years after it saw 50% damage, sustain and mobility nerfs. It’s all personal

See this is how we know not to trust what you say, rev is better than the best ele build! jk :grin:

It's also in no way the same build from 2015, if you think this you're delusional and been ganked by too many mesmers!

For a start viper rev was what was used in the very beginning of bunker chrono days, revs no longer use viper and this is because it's not completely and utterly busted anymore. Remember bunker chrono was unkillable by any other class at the time, even by todays standards and PoF creep it might be unkillable, yet rev was the only thing that could bring it down.

There's also been a few significant changes:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Notoriety
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Incensed_Response
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Vicious_Lacerations
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Burst_of_Strength

There's also been some switching of traits in devastation giving you a decent choice in adept and master. Herald trait line and skills have been changed a bit too which has added some new utility to it and new option. Don't forget +15% damage after burst of strength!

On the whole the changes let revs get crazy power levels from might stacking and like reapers gaining more power per might stack. Yes some of the damage has been nerfed from when it was all kinds of broken but I really wouldn't say it's the same build as 2015, it may use the same legends, weapons and trait lines but there's been significant changes to them since 2015-2018 beta period.

I stand with Mo.

• Noha.3749Noha.3749 Member ✭✭✭

Revenants are far from OP.
    They got great engage and some unblockable burst but at a very hefty cost.
    Once sword 5, Shiro"shadowstep", sword 4 and 2 are used up they are left with very little offensive capabilities, drained of shiro energy so they cant use more utilities or attacks.
    Switching to herald doesnt do anything good when it comes to mobility, the heal is easily countered/predicted and its THE ONLY HEAL that actually heals for a proper amount with the metabuild shiro/herald.

Revenants burst is great, engage is great. BUT ---- BUUUT their disengage is terrible/VERY costy/situational. Their heal from shiro AND herald is "meh" at best, too easy to play around.

And about the "blinking through terrain" part.. Oh Guardians and thieves can do it, Necros and mesmers can "somewhat" do it, elementalists can somewhat do it.
    Guess its unfair when revenants can do it too because we cant have more than half the profession able to do it to different extent :astonished:

• rev in love.8439rev in love.8439 Member ✭✭
    edited November 19, 2018

@Neil.3825 said:
    OP your problem is with shiro (and maybe sword off hand), not rev. Even glint is here, in the meta build, just to buff more shiro and buy some time when the fight is not at rev's advantage.
    Nerf shiro and buff all useless legends like jalis, mallyx, ventari and kalla (wow 4/6 legends sucks, great diversity).

Well, you know how many nerfs did Shiro? Do you know how many nerf did this full class? Every time a balance patch comes up I think ... what will be the next pointless madness that anet will do to my profession, more nerfs, why, some good rev hit an admin in pvp? Really frustrated ...
    Totally agree that we need more construction diversity.

• I'm seeing that most people having difficulty against a Revenant of similar level of skill aren't really having trouble against them of them Revenant. it's because of things stacking too much.

Too many areas dealing too many stacked effects at the same time. The stacking has gotten so bad that it can be done by a single character, stacking their own skills with each other way too much.
    Too many to even see them. So when someone notices one of them, they'll think it's the fault of that one, when that one is just the one that's easier to see, and revenant skills are notoriously flashy and easy to see.

This is the kind of issue that is solved with game mechanic rather than profession balance.
    Like how in fighting games they have 'anti-juggle' mechanics that make you fall off a juggle if someone manages to lock you in one, or how someone being hit repeatedly with many hits gains damage reduction hit after hit to reduce the chances of getting a 1-combo KO without having to break the cool moves and animations.

We still have players that single out enemies to finish them, but nowadays there's too much focus on getting enemies from 100% to 0% in one go. There needs to be more attrition, leaving more of the bursting for finishing enemies rather than engaging them.

It doesn't help that the combat log often falls short and runs out of space to store all the action, and the death breakdown doesn't break down anything, you can't even properly see who dealt which conditions and with which skills.
    And the health bar doesn't properly indicate 'future' damage. In the heat of battle one may get enough DoT condition stacks to last only 1-2 seconds, but the HP orb won't change its color to indicate this. People should not have to look at tiny numbers on the corner of a tiny effect icon, then mentally calculate how much HP will that be to know they are going down fast. They should see several olive green or purple colored sections in their HP orb, each one indicating the next chuck of damage lost if conditions aren't removed, with enough change in brightness to tell them apart. 1 second, this band goes away, next second, the one under it, and so on. You got 3 bands? You got 3 seconds if you don't remove that burning.

• Buran.3796Buran.3796 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 19, 2018

@Neil.3825 said:
    OP your problem is with shiro (and maybe sword off hand), not rev. Even glint is here, in the meta build, just to buff more shiro and buy some time when the fight is not at rev's advantage.
    Nerf shiro and buff all useless legends like jalis, mallyx, ventari and kalla (wow 4/6 legends sucks, great diversity).

Shiro was already nerfed several times, and Herald Shiro+Glint is the only decent Revenant build since the arrival of the class 3+ years ago. You're talking about buffing other legends as if the Revenant were one of those classes able to configure and set skills at will, and they aren't. Revenant have trash tier cleansing skills, trash tier access to stability and trash tier healing utilities, so buffing Jalis, Ventari o that garbage can called Renegade won't make the class viable to be a bunker or to play a support role (much less now that Herald lost all the buff capabilities that had, in a game in which runes provides more boon duration than the entire spec).

• incisorr.9502incisorr.9502 Member ✭✭✭

the problem with rev is that their ganking is uncounterable and unstoppable

it's basically what mesmer/thief used to do in the past but both mesmer and thief could always fail and could be disengaged from which is simply not the case with rev. On high elo you if you're doing a 1v1 or a 2v2 or a 3v3 or a 1v2 and a revenant comes and ganks you - you CANT get away from him, infinite gap closers that go THROUGH WALLS and give you UNBLOCKABLE ATTACKS paired with unreasonably high damage and with the potential to have any boon (even quickness if they wanted) and reveal makes it literally uncounterable - they aren't as squishy as thief, they do way more dmg, they have more unblockable attacks, more iframes,more stunbreaks, invulnerability (glint's heal is pretty much invulnerability cus they cant be killed for its duration), multiple iframes (staff , sword, shiro) . An unrelenting assault with enhanced daggers alone can do 12k dmg with iframe lmao btw and that's not even a problem cus its slow, what's a problem is a shackling wave with daggers casted from that phase kitten that makes you unblockable which does 20k dmg

people's joke reasoning like "OMG HOW CAN MESMER LOSE TO REV L())(()()L" is an absolute abomination and a joke and a pretty much proof for anyone that even thinks about writing such a joke statement that he's double digit iq at best, 1) it's not about class but about build and not every mesmer plays the same build, the most popular mesmer build is actually garbage and has been garbage ever since elusive mind got nerfed and it might be the one that counters rev but not every build does. 2) gw2 is not a 1v1 game and revenant is not a 1v1 class ,its a GANKER CLASS. How can you compare ganker's ability to a bunker/duelist's ability in 1v1 and expect to be taken seriously?

rev has a no cd stunbreaker at any point that can be followed up by 20sec+ of iframe /block chaining and some guy says that thief has better disengage with its 50 sec cd shadowstep? lmao btw i'm so done

• revenant is a kitten. i can counter it with any class, not even talking about thief or mesmer wich can troll rev in every single aspect.

• Simple math...condi meta=rev stinks.

Power meta=rev opaf

The solution is to buff rev power damage and evade access so they can be more relevant in our power burst meta.

Reduce energy of phase traversal and riposting shadows to 5. Shiro was able to spam evades endlessly, and rev shouldn't have to stop after their 10s of iframes end.

• idolin.2831idolin.2831 Member ✭✭✭

OP's been trying to get rev nerfed for quite some time now, and since the first post it seems like he hasn't learned any new thing about Rev yet and still complained about "no CD" stunbreak, 20s+ iframe/block (what the hell?), infinite gap closers (like rev's got infinite energy or something), 12k damage unrelenting assault while he's playing mirage with clones and such, which counters rev's main hand sword pretty hard, 20k damage burst - I have no idea how you manage to eat an entire 20k damage burst, and he even says thief is worse at disengaging because of a 50CD shadowstep (what the hell is shortbow 5 for???).

• Crab Fear.1624Crab Fear.1624 Member ✭✭✭✭

buff rev..

• Crinn.7864Crinn.7864 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 22, 2018

@tinyreborn.1938 said:
    Necromancer life stealing do damage through endure pain iirc. Thats how its coded probably (life steal ignore endure pain,thats it :d)

I actually killed a warrior while he was in endure pain with life steal, and I wasn't even using blood magic.

Warrior: [Endure Pain]
    Me: ["Nothing Can Save You!"]
    Warrior: *dies*

Sanity is for the weak minded
    YouTube

• tinyreborn.1938tinyreborn.1938 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 22, 2018

@Crinn.7864 said:

@tinyreborn.1938 said:
    Necromancer life stealing do damage through endure pain iirc. Thats how its coded probably (life steal ignore endure pain,thats it :d)

I actually killed a warrior while he was in endure pain with life steal, and I wasn't even using blood magic.

Warrior: [Endure Pain]
    Me: ["Nothing Can Save You!"]
    Warrior: *dies*

Life steal aka Life Siphon ignore endure pain ... He should had 100 hp literally to die
    There some crazy warrior that crying that rev with his heal that charges could be blocked/evaded crying how unfair for revs to do damage on EP :bleep_bloop:
    Well... he always crying that warrior getting nerfs only and never get buffs so ...yea...

• @Neil.3825 said:

This is the actual problem od Rev and I'm glad that someone is do straight-forward about it.
    Chill out with the Shiro burst and make other Jalis, Mallyx, Ventari and Kalla really viable. Like REALISTICALLY.
    Atm my guess is that ANet is afraid of Shiro-guys' outrage. Let's be fair - we need something to get weaker so other legends can shine through. Come on.

• ArthurDent.9538ArthurDent.9538 Member ✭✭✭✭

@DonArkanio.6419 said:

@Neil.3825 said:

This is the actual problem od Rev and I'm glad that someone is do straight-forward about it.
    Chill out with the Shiro burst and make other Jalis, Mallyx, Ventari and Kalla really viable. Like REALISTICALLY.
    Atm my guess is that ANet is afraid of Shiro-guys' outrage. Let's be fair - we need something to get weaker so other legends can shine through. Come on.

Not really, to use those other legends one has to drop either glint or shiro which are perceived as the 2 best legends. If you are running glint jalis for instance, it does not matter how strong shiro is at the time so why does it need to be nerfed to get jalis buffs? The reason to Nerf glint or shiro would be if the glint shiro build was oppressively op where alternative legends can fit into the meta but are just out classed by glint and shiro. But contrary to op's belief, current meta rev is pretty middle of the road compared to other classes meta specs, it is used by some strong teams but it is also not used by some strong teams such as both monthly at winners last month. So just buffing up alternative legends so they are valid competition to glint and shiro will not cause power creep as there is a clear opportunity cost to taking them.

• Buran.3796Buran.3796 Member ✭✭✭✭

@DonArkanio.6419 said:

You can't do that, because both core Rev and Renegade are garbage for PvP. Slash Shiro (even more) or Glint (which no longer provides any support in PvP, is used only due has AoE cleave, cc and a good stunbreak) and you just removed the class from the game mode. Revenant has nothing but HERALD to be played in PvP since 3 years ago; the same sword/x+staff build with Shiro/Glint, but more dull than in the past thanx to the reduction of available runes and sigils, the removing of skills as Equilibrium, the cutting off of procs, the F2 great team buffs replaced by useless PvE features, etc. Is a miracle that a narrowed version of the same predictable build which was in use at the Rev release is still in use, and yet there's 0 chances of a replacement, because how trashy the base class and the second specialization are for PvP. I have 0 expectations for the next one, also. Anyway, those tears taste like ragweed...

• Exalted Quality.8534Exalted Quality.8534 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 26, 2018

Lol I thought OP was joking 😂😂

Rev is pretty balanced now. Very deadly when controlled by someone with skill, but still exceptionally weak to condi pressure and stunbreaks can be tricky.

The skill ceiling for revs is higher than most classes and there aren’t that many people that play it, so you will usually go against someone that sucks or someone who could ruin you.

The good news for you is that there has only been one remotely viable rev build in the meta for a really long time, so you can pretty much know what to expect. If you really want to improve, find someone who is good at rev and ask them to duel you so you can practice. Good luck gamer.

• Klypto.1703Klypto.1703 Member ✭✭✭

It'll be so cool in like a month or so we'll see gw1 and gw2 holding hands running on autopilot.

• Arioch.4810Arioch.4810 Member ✭✭✭

I enjoy playing Revenant and also playing against Revenant: Good kit but with limitations, Dharma outlined most of it in his post above.
    If you know what his options are, Rev is put in akward position - survive the burst then take him down. High risk high reward makes for some interesting gameplay.
    Obv if you use Revenants alpha strike on spellbreaker you are gone (invuln proc + counterburst) Engie i would try (procced elixir gives some time to replenish energy/swap legends and finish him off) mesmer and thief handle with care - if your burst is covered with some evade frames and/or blinds you are gone.

If you bust rev down in stages even glint's heal is not enough - just don't heal him up to full health.
    Good revenants play similar to thief of old - grab a kill on some squishy target then fade away for 10-15 secs until your kit is up again. I love the flow of the action there.

• @incisorr.9502 said:
    whatever i guess there's no hope that this class will ever get addressed? High elo is plagued with people borderline exploiting by playing revenant because the class is so ridiculously overpowered and unfair right now.

Your post says more about your skill level than Anet's balance

• Sampson.2403Sampson.2403 Member ✭✭✭

Good revenant players seem to carry matches more so than good players on other classes.

Not saying that make them OP, just an observation.

• EnderzShadow.2506EnderzShadow.2506 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Sampson.2403 said:
    Good revenant players seem to carry matches more so than good players on other classes.

What exactly do they do so well to carry matches?

mhm, ok, sure, whatever you say, no after you, I insist, no really, please, be my guest,

@Sampson.2403 said:

like how there's a 1.9K+ rev and like how none of the people posting here are actually 1750+ who have ever seen a high elo revenant and what they're capable of

just like my threads are mostly stating the obvious

good revs are broken cus the class is too forceful and does too much dmg , too reliably and " easy " and " uncounterably " in comparison to other classes

• EnderzShadow.2506EnderzShadow.2506 Member ✭✭✭✭

@incisorr.9502 said:

@Sampson.2403 said:

like how there's a 1.9K+ rev and like how none of the people posting here are actually 1750+ who have ever seen a high elo revenant and what they're capable of

just like my threads are mostly stating the obvious

good revs are broken cus the class is too forceful and does too much dmg , too reliably and " easy " and " uncounterably " in comparison to other classes

There are literally 20 players above 1700 Currently in NA

mhm, ok, sure, whatever you say, no after you, I insist, no really, please, be my guest,

• Just gonna post on behave of OP.

Rev used to be alright when condi was dominant, the damage spikes actually made sense. Ever since conditions were nerfed, sword 4 just became a cheese fest and that's why I stopped playing power shiro altogether, it's too easy to play and really doesn't take much effort to achieve anything. The build pretty much carry itself.

I had already suggested that they bring back the old sword 4 for the sake of balancing, or make it so that to hit very strong you need to block a certain amount of attacks because right now all you can do is drag your cheek across 4 5 after Phase Traversal and call it a day, if that's not enough, kite kite and repeat 4 5 until it's done.

It has really come to the point where I stopped played my favorite profession just because of how stupidly easy it is to get kitten done with it.

Rev used to be high skill with all the management, but nowadays people will deny and imply that it's still hard to play with whatever ways to think it's possible to counter them, they just don't understand how stupidly brain dead the burst is on the class and when you understand the profession, it becomes unstoppable in a way that isn't called skill play and attacking at the right time, it's straight up 4 5, 4 5, 4 5 because it follows up so well and you can't move out of it till immobilize is gone, even in plat people still melt to it.

In a way this reminds me too much of how Power Lock used to be a stun, while possible to stunbreak fast enough and dodge or roll back with any stunbreak skill, it was still OP just for the fact that you couldnt do anything about it while now you just get dazed and if you don't react fast enough, you die just as fast.

• Axl.8924Axl.8924 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Obtena.7952 said:
    "Playing Revenant is Borderline Exploiting" and "Mesmers most broken class in game" are literally neck and neck in the PVP forum right now ... COINCIDENCE or CONSPIRACY?

Personally im glad something counters mesmers, its about time we got something which counters mesmers.

Here is my list of characters i got so far:

Elementalist 80 with tempest:Talman nul
    Necromancer 80 with reaper:Zex vokar
    Mesmer level 80 no chrono yet:Klanga voosh.
    Level 80 Ranger with druid spec Jedkhan.

• Sampson.2403Sampson.2403 Member ✭✭✭

@Shao.7236 said:
    Just gonna post on behave of OP.

Rev used to be alright when condi was dominant, the damage spikes actually made sense. Ever since conditions were nerfed, sword 4 just became a cheese fest and that's why I stopped playing power shiro altogether, it's too easy to play and really doesn't take much effort to achieve anything. The build pretty much carry itself.

I had already suggested that they bring back the old sword 4 for the sake of balancing, or make it so that to hit very strong you need to block a certain amount of attacks because right now all you can do is drag your cheek across 4 5 after Phase Traversal and call it a day, if that's not enough, kite kite and repeat 4 5 until it's done.

It has really come to the point where I stopped played my favorite profession just because of how stupidly easy it is to get kitten done with it.

Rev used to be high skill with all the management, but nowadays people will deny and imply that it's still hard to play with whatever ways to think it's possible to counter them, they just don't understand how stupidly brain dead the burst is on the class and when you understand the profession, it becomes unstoppable in a way that isn't called skill play and attacking at the right time, it's straight up 4 5, 4 5, 4 5 because it follows up so well and you can't move out of it till immobilize is gone, even in plat people still melt to it.

In a way this reminds me too much of how Power Lock used to be a stun, while possible to stunbreak fast enough and dodge or roll back with any stunbreak skill, it was still OP just for the fact that you couldnt do anything about it while now you just get dazed and if you don't react fast enough, you die just as fast.

But don't you need to acquire 25 stacks of might before you use sword 4 and 5 to make it cheese?

• Its good against people who don't know how to watch their opponent use skills. If you still attack a rev using infuse light then you have no room to complain. Not gonna lie they do have super strong burst and their cc for teamfights is amazing, but whenever you run into some other profession who knows what a rev does you start to realize that Rev isn't necessarily that stoverpowered, it just stomps on people who aren't necessarily that good at pvp and run simple op builds like scourge, fb, and mirage and function on using rotations instead of acting and reacting to their opponent. A good holo or thief is the absolute counter to rev, at least in my experience. Rev literally has just enough defensive tools to skate by, and if you know what those are you can exploit them to no end.

Another note. People say Revs got all these skills and such but don't realize they need energy to be used. If you are using all you're skills you are constantly vulnerable and sitting below 10 energy and basically hoping your opponent doesnt attack before you get enough energy to use sword 3 or staff 3, or until your legend cd ends. People have no idea when the Revenant can't use skills due to energy and CD and that is precisely why they get wrecked. They see the strong burst and get scared as kitten, but don't realize they can't do much after the opening.

I could be totally biased as Rev is usually thought of as a joke or as an op class, but never in between. And it barely ever reiceves any changes, its only changes to the meta that influence this opinion. No one uses invuln warriors anymore, there are less competant thieves since everyone runs sniper deadeye, and there are less competant mirages since everyone rerolled and uses its inherent strength as an excuse to not watch what the enemy Rev is doing.

Learn you're enemy and build and fight accordingly. It's not a one strategy fits all game, people.

• @ScottBroChill.3254 said:
    Its good against people who don't know how to watch their opponent use skills. If you still attack a rev using infuse light then you have no room to complain. Not gonna lie they do have super strong burst and their cc for teamfights is amazing, but whenever you run into some other profession who knows what a rev does you start to realize that Rev isn't necessarily that stoverpowered, it just stomps on people who aren't necessarily that good at pvp and run simple op builds like scourge, fb, and mirage and function on using rotations instead of acting and reacting to their opponent. A good holo or thief is the absolute counter to rev, at least in my experience. Rev literally has just enough defensive tools to skate by, and if you know what those are you can exploit them to no end.

Another note. People say Revs got all these skills and such but don't realize they need energy to be used. If you are using all you're skills you are constantly vulnerable and sitting below 10 energy and basically hoping your opponent doesnt attack before you get enough energy to use sword 3 or staff 3, or until your legend cd ends. People have no idea when the Revenant can't use skills due to energy and CD and that is precisely why they get wrecked. They see the strong burst and get scared as kitten, but don't realize they can't do much after the opening.

I could be totally biased as Rev is usually thought of as a joke or as an op class, but never in between. And it barely ever reiceves any changes, its only changes to the meta that influence this opinion. No one uses invuln warriors anymore, there are less competant thieves since everyone runs sniper deadeye, and there are less competant mirages since everyone rerolled and uses its inherent strength as an excuse to not watch what the enemy Rev is doing.

Learn you're enemy and build and fight accordingly. It's not a one strategy fits all game, people.

I subscribe to every your word!
    Specially agree with " function on using rotations instead of acting and reacting to their opponent." - this is main some build problem. People thinking "I am good", just pressing combo buttons and bursting enemy till end. And Revenant is one of the classes who punish for that play,because first of all - counterplay opponent

In my opinion it is main difference between good and bad pvp player.
    If you in every situation press F1, then 3/5 and 4 dealing tons of damage in reaper shroud in 1 seconds and doesnt even carea about opponent animations/dodges and co - impossible to learn anything (just example).

@Shao.7236 said:

feels like people in this forum are always arguing on their initial impressions

mirage was op on release so that's how people still see it despite 3000 nerfs and even condi rework (they reduced the condi stacks things were giving and also duration, burns went down to 1 for example when torch used to have more burn stacks)

revenant was bad in the past so that's how people see it despite all the buffs to it and despite the meta evolving

• JayAction.9056JayAction.9056 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 28, 2018

@incisorr.9502 said:

@Shao.7236 said:

mirage was op on release so that's how people still see it despite 3000 nerfs and even condi rework (they reduced the condi stacks things were giving and also duration, burns went down to 1 for example when torch used to have more burn stacks)

revenant was bad in the past so that's how people see it despite all the buffs to it and despite the meta evolving

Mirage is still OP.
    Rev is still weak and is nowhere near as strong as it was originally.
    There is no 1.9k rating rev. (Are you referring to EU? EU is trash with inflated ratings and outdated builds).

• Lol eu is trash... I play on both and eu is much better than na

• @JayAction.9056 said:

@incisorr.9502 said:

@Shao.7236 said:

Mirage is still OP.
    Rev is still weak and is nowhere near as strong as it was originally.
    There is no 1.9k rating rev. (Are you referring to EU? EU is trash with inflated ratings and outdated builds).

Isn't EU better than NA ? At least it used to be idk about now.

• NorthernRedStar.3054NorthernRedStar.3054 Member ✭✭
    edited November 29, 2018

@Sampson.2403 said:

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:

@Sampson.2403 said:

What exactly do they do so well to carry matches?

I think that the +1/roamer role has the greatest team impact potential in sPvP matches. Power Rev currently excels in this role.

This. Revenant's exceptional at +1'ing, since all of their skills, while hefty in cost, hit extremely hard. Much tougher to dodge all of it unlike in a 1v1.

If people saw the little effort of checking out how most Revenants open up their comboes, they'd have much better chances of holding against them.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.