playing revenant is borderline exploiting

incisorr.9502

whatever i guess there's no hope that this class will ever get addressed? High elo is plagued with people borderline exploiting by playing revenant because the class is so ridiculously overpowered and unfair right now.

It has multiple to-target teleports that go through walls with unblockable attacks and very low/non-existent cooldowns while being capable of 2shotting you. It has chill debuff (op), it has weakness debuff (op), it has no cooldown stunbreaker, in the hands of someone that can play it its literally unkillable because he can disengage from any fight and just engage where his teammates are fighting due to ridiculous mobility and no cooldown unblockable tp engages

(herald) literally has everything it needs, its 30 times more op than thief ,its unkiteable, it even has fucking reveal lmao that's how overloaded it is. It has easy self buffs, it has invulnerability like uhm okay.. i get it was or used to be hard but this class has been ridiculous on higher elo for months and the ppl that can play it are just non-stop abusing it and then you go to the forum where there's mostly lower elo/average people posting and you see them cry about class balance when they can't even use the classes correctly and then how can anet even know how broken high elo is?

right now the biggest issues on high elo are how incredibly high the power dmg is and everyone is abusing it and rev is at the forefront of that..

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The reality is the opposite.

Rev is ok. Every POF spec is stronger than REV as a whole except for revs own POF spec.

The multiple nerfs to the POF specs made it so playing Rev is actually double. I wouldn’t call Rev meta. There are 9 classes. There are at least 10 or more specs quite a bit better than Revs best.

Rev damage is “extremely” low as far as power damage goes actually.

Edit: It’s the same build from 2015 and it’s weaker now and the competition is stronger (POF specs). It’s almost 2k19

To be honest with you I don’t see anything but buffs coming to rev in the future. It’s not really that good. Maybe you should give it a try.

@JayAction.9056 said:The reality is the opposite.

Rev is ok. Every POF spec is stronger than REV as a whole except for revs own POF spec.

The multiple nerfs to the POF specs made it so playing Rev is actually double. I wouldn’t call Rev meta. There are 9 classes. There are at least 10 or more specs quite a bit better than Revs best.

Edit: It’s the same build from 2015 and it’s weaker now and the competition is stronger (POF specs). It’s almost 2k19

same buff but with 300 extra buff and 300 extra nerfs on everyone else

rev even made it to the first page of metabattle and that site is outdated and not always realistic, that's how broken it is. I haven't seen a single person at higher elo not acknowledge how ludicrously broken rev is. You can't just barge in here and blurt out some statement like this one with zero credibility or experience or anything

rev is beyond any reason whatsoever

@incisorr.9502 said:

@JayAction.9056 said:The reality is the opposite.

same buff but with 300 extra buff and 300 extra nerfs on everyone else

rev even made it to the first page of metabattle and that site is outdated and not always realistic, that's how broken it is. I haven't seen a single person at higher elo not acknowledge how ludicrously broken rev is. You can't just barge in here and blurt out some statement like this one with zero credibility or experience or anything

rev is beyond any reason whatsoever

I was just top 10 solo q rev.

Trust me it’s not even middle of the pack if we are comparing it to the best of each class. It’s dead last.

Rev is due for some buffs at this point. You realize it’s the same build from 2015? All the dominant HOT specs were nerfed. Then came POF specs which were even stronger.

Just know if you are losing to rev you are losing to a weak version of a 2015 build nearly 4 years after it saw 50% damage, sustain and mobility nerfs. It’s all personal

I'll take the bait.

fyi: this is coming from a condi mirage player, literally the class that counters revenant harder than any other

other sage advice from this player:

"against condi you can actually play the game and do things"

"if you drop 20 confusion stacks and 20 torment stacks on someone as a mesmer he can literally press one button to undo all of it"

Also, Rev has invulnerability? Please direct me to this skill.

If you're dying consistently to a rev as a condi mirage to the point that you need to rage multiple times about how weak condi is and how completely op power is, you should probably reconsider why you're such a high elo mlg gw2 player anyway. If all your peers at the top of the ladder agree with you, why bother bringing your opinion down to the plebians?

Do I agree that rev does stupid damage? Yes, and I've been advocating for the nerf of sword offhand skills in both competitive game modes for a long time. But I don't care how pro of a player you think you are, this is like a pre-HoT guardian complaining how broken thief is with all its teleports and damage.

Just dodge LOOOOOOL 4Head. Actually you don't even need to dodge, you can just press the dodge button and get invuln and then put more torment on an enemy because you can still cast skills while invuln. And then if that goes south, you can just dodge again, and if that doesn't work, just disengage. :thinking:

Its so funny to see all these cry threads about classes only good in good players hands (like mesmer and rev) but barely any about braindead playable broken stuff like Soulbeast and Holo. Also way to rewarding classes like core Guard (rewarding for that they need like -100 braincells to be played effective) no complains. It is simple as it is: Player only cry about stuff they get rekt by but can't get carried themself in the same way.

@bravan.3876 said:Its so funny to see all these cry threads about classes only good in good players hands (like mesmer and rev) but barely any about braindead playable broken stuff like Soulbeast and Holo. Also way to rewarding classes like core Guard (rewarding for that they need like -100 braincells to be played effective) no complains. It is simple as it is: Player only cry about stuff they get rekt by but can't get carried themself in the same way.

Its actually pretty darn funny people always complain about the burst of condi mirage. Usually the only class that I see go down immediately after my condi burst is other mirages. Literally every other class in the game can continually cleanse the condis or has ways to negate it like resistance etc.

@jportell.2197 said:

@bravan.3876 said:Its so funny to see all these cry threads about classes only good in good players hands (like mesmer and rev) but barely any about braindead playable broken stuff like Soulbeast and Holo. Also way to rewarding classes like core Guard (rewarding for that they need like -100 braincells to be played effective) no complains. It is simple as it is: Player only cry about stuff they get rekt by but can't get carried themself in the same way.

Its actually pretty darn funny people always complain about the burst of condi mirage. Usually the only class that I see go down immediately after my condi burst is other mirages. Literally every other class in the game can continually cleanse the condis or has ways to negate it like resistance etc.

I think the reason is that people had to find a way to survive through scourges, condi mirages and condi thieves to a lesser extent. Just like some disease, people developped a natural resistance. Until the next plague.

@bravan.3876 said:Its so funny to see all these cry threads about classes only good in good players hands (like mesmer and rev) but barely any about braindead playable broken stuff like Soulbeast and Holo. Also way to rewarding classes like core Guard (rewarding for that they need like -100 braincells to be played effective) no complains. It is simple as it is: Player only cry about stuff they get rekt by but can't get carried themselves in the same way.

Its funny because you're explaining also how unfair this game is just by its core design of the classes .

They didn't make some builds on certain classes braindead... THEY MADE THE ENTIRE CLASS BRAINDEAD to play while making other classes high reward for higher skill cieling. The skill cieling just means it takes longer to learn but its not that difficult to actually play once you know how.

ANET completely allows ENTIRE classes to be considered low risk / low reward or rather, low skill cieling. Not a build, not a spec, the ENTIRE profession.

It's lazy design and I think has just been a form of favoritism shown by the devs overall.

You'll notice that none of the people on the balance team or in content creation mains some of these underperforming classes or classes with overly simplistic playstyles (low skill ceilings). This is because they are unfun, bland and easy to counter. Actually the only true braindead class is necromancer lol. They never made reaper or scourge actually fun to play because they bar it behind the same tropes and low skill ceilings as they've always done. They made them stat-reliant with heavy cast times and slow animations because... they're the dumb idiot class. They can't allow it to have any focus-fire skills, be less stat reliant or allow more active defenses because then the skill ceiling would go up and we can't have that. ANY CLASS THAT CANT GET AWAY WITH RUNNING ZERKERS IS A LOW SKILL CIELING CLASS ...and there is only ONE.

Necros are meant for new players who are testing the waters of pvp until they graduate from noob to the better classes like mirage and holosmith.

@"ventusthunder.5067" said:If you're dying consistently to a rev as a condi mirage to the point that you need to rage multiple times about how weak condi is and how completely op power is, you should probably reconsider why you're such a high elo mlg gw2 player anyway. If all your peers at the top of the ladder agree with you, why bother bringing your opinion down to the plebians?

whos talking about 1v1 ? Implying anyone sane picks rev to play for 1v1 dueling against mirage. Get real

rev is a hard counter to mirage in team fights cause mirage can't get away when getting ambushed by a rev while fighting someone else and having cooldowns and not being full hp.

people that think 1v1 balance matters (where you can cheese to infinity) in a game with only official mode being 5v5 and then take a class that has insane mobility and ganking potential and say that this class "loses 1v1 to mirage " have some severe issues

i bring this "opinion " down to the forum because its the only place that we can give feedback on that can make some difference

and there's nothing about opinion when i say there are more revenants in top 30 than there are mesmers, it's a fact that can be looked at. Also lol at bringing my class in every single thread when that's not even the topic here. The topic is revenant, i can play anything else and it'll still be revenant that does the same stuff

hard facts -more revs in top 30-50 than mesmersa single mesmer out of TWENTY PEOPLE in top 20 for the last season (wow so op)

@incisorr.9502 said:

@"ventusthunder.5067" said:If you're dying consistently to a rev as a condi mirage to the point that you need to rage multiple times about how weak condi is and how completely op power is, you should probably reconsider why you're such a high elo mlg gw2 player anyway. If all your peers at the top of the ladder agree with you, why bother bringing your opinion down to the plebians?

whos talking about 1v1 ? Implying anyone sane picks rev to play for 1v1 dueling against mirage. Get real

rev is a hard counter to mirage in team fights cause mirage can't get away when getting ambushed by a rev while fighting someone else and having cooldowns and not being full hp.

people that think 1v1 balance matters (where you can cheese to infinity) in a game with only official mode being 5v5 and then take a class that has insane mobility and ganking potential and say that this class "loses 1v1 to mirage " have some severe issues

i bring this "opinion " down to the forum because its the only place that we can give feedback on that can make some difference

and there's nothing about opinion when i say there are more revenants in top 30 than there are mesmers, it's a fact that can be looked at. Also lol at bringing my class in every single thread when that's not even the topic here. The topic is revenant, i can play anything else and it'll still be revenant that does the same stuff

hard facts -more revs in top 30-50 than mesmersa single mesmer out of TWENTY PEOPLE in top 20 for the last season (wow so op)

Hard fact:

By stating an opinion and brazenly presenting that opinion as fact, you completely defeat the purpose of discussion. You're one of very few people who have decided to pick on revenant, and in fact, all power classes, stating that condition builds are underpowered. I suppose that's the reason why there's very few threads complaining about it while the feedback thread on condi mirage has over 500 posts.

Please keep pumping your own tires because you're such an amazing condi mesmer and the only one in top 20 last season (when no one played ranked seriously anyway due to the promise of no titles). YOU'RE SO AMAZING MAN! Rev was completely out of the meta 3 seasons ago and has only crept back in due to other things being nerfed. It plays the same way it always has. There's one single revenant build that's viable in PvP. You see a herald on the opposing team and you know exactly what's coming to you.

I could run on for days complaining about condi mirage, boon beast, holosmith, whatever the wheel of complaints lands on in these forums. But to compare playing a class with one single viable build to literally an exploit is hilarious. As a condi mirage player it's just laughable. Please spam your torment and confusion some more because it looks to be having some effects on your logic.

@MyPuppy.8970 said:

@incisorr.9502 said:rev is a hard counter to mirage in team fights cause mirage can't get away when getting ambushed by a rev while fighting someone else and having cooldowns and not being full hp.

If a mirage can't, who could then?

Lol. Literally the first time I see a rev in a team fight everything I have goes onto him cuz the sooner he burns his CDs the sooner he deas.

Archived