• Last Reply

Yes mesmer is so broken but these are fine,

1. Boonbeast boon uptime and damage
  2. Holosmith with its permanent evade and insane damage
  3. Spellbreaker with magebane tether
  4. Vomit condi scourge
  5. Pew pew deadeye
  6. Support firebrand.

Yeah those are all fine sarcasm. Also let's not forget this was pve/wvw where everything is dialed to 15/10.I'd love to see him carry with that same build in an AT or higher rated ranked where portal is basically a requirement.

There was prolly a reason why this wasn't done in an SPVP setting. I'm guessing its because this build would not work at all in that setting.

@jportell.2197 said:Yes mesmer is so broken but these are fine,

4. Vomit condi scourge
  5. Pew pew deadeye
  6. Support firebrand.

Yeah those are all fine sarcasm. Also let's not forget this was pve/wvw where everything is dialed to 15/10.I'd love to see him carry with that same build in an AT or higher rated ranked where portal is basically a requirement.

There was prolly a reason why this wasn't done in an SPVP setting. I'm guessing its because this build would not work at all in that setting.

Yes, only the top 2 of your list are currently op. Others are not even in the same league. Except mirage, it is not a espec. It is the god of gw2.

Btw warrior is actually weak except the stupid amount of rampage cc and damage.

@jportell.2197 said:Yes mesmer is so broken but these are fine,

4. Vomit condi scourge
  5. Pew pew deadeye
  6. Support firebrand.

Im pretty sure that dude is a wvwvw exclusive player. He doesnt know anything about conquest pvp. Perhaps he thinks its the same? xD

@"jportell.2197" said:Yes mesmer is so broken but these are fine,

4. Vomit condi scourge
  5. Pew pew deadeye
  6. Support firebrand.

Just because something else is also broken doesn't mean you can avoid fixing/talking about the thing that is the most broke. Do you even know what a logical fallacy is?

Boonbeast can atleast be killed, doesn't spam clones and visual effects, does not bombard you with an infinite amount of clones, torment, and confusion or have an insane power burst.

Holosmith does not have even close to permanent evades, nor is their damage "insane". Especially when compared to power burst mirage.

Magebane tether isn't even worth a mention. OOOH a 600 range pull SO STRONK!

Condi scourge is easy to kill if you aren't bad at the game and know their mechanics. Or, you could just range them and watch them cry.

Pew pew deadeye will kill themselves if you use a projectile reflect, are useless if you have any projectile hate, and die in two hits. Their high damage is offset by their lack of ability to take a hit.

Support firebrand is quite strong, yes. But, not stupid OP. focused damage is going to kill them and they can not run away. they lack mobility other than some swiftness.

And no, none of these are "fine". Everything in this game is overtuned. Mirage however, is overpowered. This is not a "L2P" issue, this is not a "git gud" issue, this is a broken spec issue.

@spartan.9421 said:Boonbeast isnt broken because its not mesmer ? Astounding logic xDSup fb not stupid OP? Its insane broken class where you looking at even ?DJ ignore blocks/reflects, learning something new each day huh ?Wtf is this comment with scourge even? Scourge is meant to be with FB destroying your team , not to chase your DE's in open field 1x1. What do you know ? xDHolosmith is meta all day and night. Power burst mirage never been meta (chaos mirage and phantasm mirage =/= gs burst fyi). You really know what you talking about .Do you even know what a logical fallacy is?You clearly dont

@jportell.2197 said: Boonbeast isnt broken because its not mesmer ? Astounding logic xDI never once said boonbeast wasn't broken. i said they can be killed and then listed things that mesmer has. What exactly makes boonbeast broken though?

@jportell.2197 said: Sup fb not stupid OP? Its insane broken class where you looking at even ?Support firebrand is not "stupid op" they can only do one thing, and they do it well. Not exactly "stupid op". I would like to know what you find so stupid OP about them.

@jportell.2197 said: DJ ignore blocks/reflects, learning something new each day huh ?Death's judgment does indeed ignore reflects/blocks. I know this, everybody knows this. This is everybodies scape goat so they can complain about thieves and avoid talking about the issues with their favorite class. However, if you are blocking and reflecting their other skills the deadeye will kill themselves/hurt themselves and will not build malice, rendering Death's Judgment all but useless. I learned this back in May when the change occurred.

@jportell.2197 said: kitten is this comment with scourge even? Scourge is meant to be with FB destroying your team , not to chase your DE's in open field 1x1. What do you know ? xDWhat do you even mean by "kitten is this comment"? I never once mentioned chasing. All i said was they were easy to deal with. Clear condis, kite and avoid getting hit.

If they have a pocket healer firebrand, which, according to you, is what they are supposed to do, then don't try and 1v2 them. That's just kitten stupid on your part if you try. Rotate around em, get help from your team.

@jportell.2197 said: Holosmith is meta all day and night. Power burst mirage never been meta (chaos mirage and phantasm mirage =/= gs burst fyi).Holo is relatively easy to deal with. highly telegraphed skills and only one unblockable skill offsets their high dps.

Just because mirage isn't meta doesn't mean it's not broken. They have an insane amount of clone spamming, visual clutter, stealth on dodge, full damage and CC immunity on dodge, burst set up from dodge (stealthing), a stunbreak on dodge, condi clear on dodge, and only receive the exhaustion debuff if their dodge breaks a stun. With the right build, they have an insane amount of uptime for dodges. This is just their dodging.

@jportell.2197 said: You really know what you talking about .If you say so.@jportell.2197 said: Do you even know what a logical fallacy is?Yes. Would you like a definition and a couple examples?A logical fallacy is a flaw in reasoning. Logical fallacies are like tricks or illusions of thought, and they're often very sneakily used by politicians and the media to fool people.

@jportell.2197 said: Boonbeast isnt broken because its not mesmer ? Astounding logic xDkitten is this comment with scourge even? Scourge is meant to be with FB destroying your team , not to chase your DE's in open field 1x1. What do you know ? xD

Strawman fallacy: You misrepresented someone's argument to make it easier to attack.

@jportell.2197 said: Holosmith is meta all day and night. Power burst mirage never been meta (chaos mirage and phantasm mirage =/= gs burst fyi).Red HerringIt is a fallacy of distraction, and is committed when a listener attempts to divert an arguer from his argument by introducing another topic.@jportell.2197 said: You really know what you talking about .ad hominemYou attacked your opponent's character or personal traits in an attempt to undermine their argument.

@jportell.2197 said: You clearly dontSure, buddy.

@spartan.9421 said:if not count that you ctrl c v for wrong person ...What dumb reason you have to listen what mesmer has if other classes have something mesmer dont have ......... ? ? ? ? ? xDOh mesmer permanently invulnerable and cant be killed? I'm sorry but last time I played I still take damage and can be killed ,may be I forgot to turn on permadistort ...About what I have to talk with you if you dont understand why boonbeast 'broken' ... ? Neither FB that million times better than any existing support spec . Ill just stop here :disappointed:

@"jportell.2197" said:Yes mesmer is so broken but these are fine,

4. Vomit condi scourge
  5. Pew pew deadeye
  6. Support firebrand.

You just listed half the classes in the game LOL. And FYI "pew pew" deadeye is lame lame deadeye. A core ranger wipes the floor with a deadeye of equal skill any time.

@tinyreborn.1938 said:

@"spartan.9421" said:if not count that you ctrl c v for wrong person ...What dumb reason you have to listen what mesmer has if other classes have something mesmer dont have ......... ? ? ? ? ? xDOh mesmer permanently invulnerable and cant be killed? I'm sorry but last time I played I still take damage and can be killed ,may be I forgot to turn on permadistort ...About what I have to talk with you if you dont understand why boonbeast 'broken' ... ? Neither FB that million times better than any existing support spec . Ill just stop here :disappointed:

Ah, you are right. I did misquote a couple times. However, my points still stand.

they don't have permanent invulnerability. They have full damage immunity ON DODGE. Their dodge also lasts longer.You being able to die doesn't mean they aren't broken, knock that kitten off. If you want to defend this class and say it's not broken, you're going to have to do a lot better than saying "i died lol" or pointing a finger at another class and saying "But... But..."

yeah, mesmer has stuff other classes don't. Other classes also have things mesmer does not. What is your point?Quit trying to diverting the attention and saying it's okay for X to be broken because Y is, is just stupid and will not fix anything.

every single person defending their favorite class does this, it's getting old.

@"spartan.9421" said:They have full damage immunity ON DODGENonsense. Dodge is a dodge , not distortionBoonbeast can atleast be killed, doesn't spam clones and visual effects, does not bombard you with an infinite amount of clones, torment, and confusion or have an insane power burst.Nonsense,especially ITS CAN BE KILLED,like others cant be . Soulbeast can oneshot people only with 2 hits or just one . 60k world impacts? 25k mauls x2? No one have more damage than full dps soulbeast. I have feeling like you are really from deepest hells of elo hell ... "mesmer have their own mechanic, thus ,broken' who sold you weed , I want some too.You being able to die doesn't mean they aren't broken, knock that kitten off. If you want to defend this class and say it's not broken, you're going to have to do a lot better than saying "i died lol" or pointing a finger at another class and saying "But... But..."Nonsense . You said soulbeasts can die , I say everyone can die unless they release expansion tomorrow with unkillable classes like druid during hot. Mirage is no way more broken than every other pof spec ,excluding renegade.yeah, mesmer has stuff other classes don't. Other classes also have things mesmer does not. What is your point?I never once said boonbeast wasn't broken.i said they can be killed and then listed things that mesmer has. What exactly makes boonbeast broken though?Thats you said that nonsense.What was YOUR point when you listened what MESMER have and soulbeast is not ? Or thats how your 'point stands' ? Babbling nonsense and hope mesmer haters would jump to defend you?You spitting nonsense in every sentence , quit doing so , its getting old

@tinyreborn.1938 said:

@"spartan.9421" said:They have full damage immunity ON DODGENonsense. Dodge is a dodge , not distortionAre you willingly ignorant or do you seriously not know what mirage cloak is and how it works?Boonbeast can atleast be killed, doesn't spam clones and visual effects, does not bombard you with an infinite amount of clones, torment, and confusion or have an insane power burst.Nonsense,especially ITS CAN BE KILLED,like others cant be . Soulbeast can oneshot people only with 2 hits or just one . 60k world impacts? 25k mauls x2? No one have more damage than full dps soulbeast. I have feeling like you are really from deepest hells of elo hell ... "mesmer have their own mechanic, thus ,broken' who sold you weed , I want some too.First of all, what does weed have to do with anything? I don't smoke. Second of all, how on earth are you getting hit for 60k? are you also running full glass? Please, explain. Though at this point i highly doubt you will.You being able to die doesn't mean they aren't broken, knock that kitten off. If you want to defend this class and say it's not broken, you're going to have to do a lot better than saying "i died lol" or pointing a finger at another class and saying "But... But..."Nonsense . You said soulbeasts can die , I say everyone can die unless they release expansion tomorrow with unkillable classes like druid during hot. Mirage is no way more broken than every other pof spec ,excluding renegade.the difference between mirage power burst and soulbeast power burst is you can actually see soulbeast and you have time to react. mirage power burst is almost always from stealth. There is zero counterplay to that, which is bad game design. Oh, but i'm sure you'll come up with some excuse to defend this. What'll it be this time? boonbeast again?yeah, mesmer has stuff other classes don't. Other classes also have things mesmer does not. What is your point?I never once said boonbeast wasn't broken.
i said they can be killed and then listed things that mesmer has
. What exactly makes boonbeast broken though?Thats you said that nonsense.What was YOUR point when you listened what MESMER have and soulbeast is not ? Or thats how your 'point stands' ? Babbling nonsense and hope mesmer haters would jump to defend you?My point was that mirage has a load of ridiculous stuff, whereas boonbeast, the spec you were brought up, did not have these ridiculous stuff. Which again, is expected. All the classes are different. The point was that boonbeast did not have cheap mechanics. I was trying to explain just how insane mirage was with just their mirage cloak.Perhaps you misunderstood, or i did not explain well enough, but whatever.You spitting nonsense in every sentence , quit doing so , its getting oldYeah, i'm the one spitting nonsense because i want this powercreep that is bad for the game fixed? Sure, buddy. I want every spec brought down, especially mesmer.

@spartan.9421 said:Delusional... as hell...Are you willingly ignorant or do you seriously not know what mirage cloak is and how it works?Do a research ,come back later once you figure it out ;)Where you been when threads about oneshotting soulbeast doing clean oneshots from stealth even on demolisher protection holosmiths? That oneshotted pretty known streamers like phantaram and chaith?On another planet?You pretend mesmer will have crazy oneshots without running full glass no portal and 2 mantra utilities with a blink ? IN that case 30 seconds cd 1 stealth ,broken right? Stop owning yourself there xdYeah, i'm the one spitting nonsense because i want this powercreep that is bad for the game fixed? Sure, buddy. I want every spec brought down, especially mesmer.Really? Where all those threads with 'nerf this,nerf that, nerf everything so we can enjoy the game more than now?' You create 'Holosmith is dumb ,please nerf this' then army of holo mains jump and make autistic screech ITS L2P ISSUE , gl to nerf anythng . While soulbeast and other specs get zero attention ,if you dont have issus bunker with high mobility,evades,crazy sustain and good damage then we should bring back bunker chono back to have fun once again

I believe Hizen is running rabid in the duel vs Cellofrag before anyone starts with the Trailblazer/Dire stats arguement. The only times he was possibly using TB is when in the duel spot as his health was 22.5k which is about where TB puts you on mesmer. Also remember the guild hall has a lot of skills in mesmers favour, jaunt is 20s instead of 30s, stab on shatter much longer, boons much longer, higher damage on some skills etc. One of the reasons I was so annoyed with the blurred frenzy change was that BF does twice as much damage in the guild hall but now it's 1s duration it's not feasible to cancel it in the interests of a fair duel.

There's lots of broken stuff in WvW. How about rangers that can hit you with 8-9k auto attacks at 1700 range and are just as mobile as any thief/mesmer.Full condition groups vs anyone without pocket firebrands.Facerollosmiths that engage, do stupid amounts of damage and CC and then 1200 range rocket boots away.Stealth camping and ganking.Spellbreaker when there's more than 1 person in a fight, 8k full counters are common.

The list really does go on. Yes mirage is an exceptionally strong dueller in it's condition build, it's also one of the worst in it's power build and chrono isn't that good on equal skill levels either. I said it not long ago which was a repeat of what I said a few years ago, having confusion and torment in large amounts on one class isn't a good idea.

@tinyreborn.1938 said:Nonsense. Dodge is a dodge , not distortionThis is taken from the wiki:

Gain Mirage Cloak instead of dodge rolling. Ambush skills become available for a short time whenever you gain Mirage Cloak. Gain access to Deception skills.

Mirage Cloak (1s): Evade incoming attacks. Ambush Attack Window: 1½s

Gain distortion and destroy all your clones, gaining additional distortion for each one shattered.

Distortion (1s): Evade all attacks. Number of Targets: 1 Radius: 240 Prevents Capture-Point ContributionRange: 1,200

Archived