Why is PvP not a 1 vs 1 already.

Hitman.5829

I never play PvP because I don't want to lose a match based on others ineptitude.If I lose, I want to know if I lost because it was my fault and not someone else's.

I would love it Anet makes a 1v1 tournament to see how you are ranked in skill with others.Also create tournaments with 1 class only, for example:

• January is the month of elementalist and only elementalist vs elementalist are allowed in a 1 vs 1
  • February is the month of necro and only necro vs necro are allowed in 1 vs 1.
  • etc...

or if months are too long maybe try with weeks.

Anyway, a 1 vs 1 of X vs Y class should be a thing by now (after 6 years of the games release)

@TheDevice.2751 said:Because anet has brilliantly resorted to a holy trinity for a few classes and allow others to perform exceptionally well as duelists... its like in their class descriptions.

The don't balance around 1v1's at all. Some classes are better at it than other, purposefully so.

Well, perhaps with the 1 vs 1 matchups they will start to see what classes perform better than the others and then they will balance them.

@Hitman.5829 said:

@TheDevice.2751 said:Because anet has brilliantly resorted to a holy trinity for a few classes and allow others to perform exceptionally well as duelists... its like in their class descriptions.

The don't balance around 1v1's at all. Some classes are better at it than other, purposefully so.

Well, perhaps with the 1 vs 1 matchups they will start to see what classes perform better than the others and then they will balance them.

Very good point, buff thief

@Hitman.5829 said:

No, because the game shouldn't be balanced around 1v1.

@everyman.4375 said:

Every class has 1v1 builds though and it's pretty popular despite being only in servers. There's demand for it though up to Anet if they want to add it in.

@ParanoidKami.2867 said:

Every class has 1v1 builds though and it's pretty popular despite being only in servers. There's demand for it though up to Anet if they want to add it in.

If a necro has a 1v1 build, it is worse than every other 1v1 build from other classes.You're just trying to deny the actual game design the devs have purposefully implemented. There are 1v1 classes that are better than others. That doesn't mean all classes can't try to build for 1v1.

The demand is from mesmers, theives, warriors, revs, engis and rangers. Thats it. Some guards, some eles but necros are just shit on.

@TheDevice.2751 said:

If a necro has a 1v1 build, it is worse than every other 1v1 build from other classes.You're just trying to deny the actual game design the devs have purposefully implemented. There are 1v1 classes that are better than others. That doesn't mean all classes can't try to build for 1v1.

The demand is from mesmers, theives, warriors, revs, engis and rangers. Thats it. Some guards, some eles but necros are just kitten on.

I enjoy 1v1ing on my reaper. Yea its not as good as the other classes, and id probably lose 9 times out of 10 against another profession with equal skill. However, its pretty satisfying winning a 1v1 against the dueling classes.

I would love a queue for 1v1 even if its just for unranked.

@Hitman.5829 said:I never play PvP because I don't want to lose a match based on others ineptitude.If I lose, I want to know if I lost because it was my fault and not someone else's.

I would love it Anet makes a 1v1 tournament to see how you are ranked in skill with others.Also create tournaments with 1 class only, for example:

• January is the month of elementalist and only elementalist vs elementalist are allowed in a 1 vs 1
  • February is the month of necro and only necro vs necro are allowed in 1 vs 1.
  • etc...

or if months are too long maybe try with weeks.

Anyway, a 1 vs 1 of X vs Y class should be a thing by now (after 6 years of the games release)

The game is not remotely balanced around classes ability to solo. Go duel with friends or guildies.

@TheDevice.2751 said:

The demand is from mesmers, theives, warriors, revs, engis and rangers. Thats it. Some guards, some eles but necros are just kitten on.Well to be honest there are some pretty effective spellbreaker shut down builds for reaper (The OP is a warrior main if I remember correctly).

The annoying thing is: like everything on reaper these builds are very one dimensional and pretty useless in every other encounter. But if you can change your build in between every 1v1, then reaper is capable of successfully duelling everything except rifle deadeye and bunker druid.

@KrHome.1920 said:

The demand is from mesmers, theives, warriors, revs, engis and rangers. Thats it. Some guards, some eles but necros are just kitten on.Well to be honest there are some pretty effective spellbreaker shut down builds for reaper (The OP is a warrior main if I remember correctly).

What builds are these? care to add any proof. Anyone can say "Well actually there are some pretty foolproof builds for X class that counter Y class"

The annoying thing is: like everything on reaper these builds are very one dimensional and pretty useless in every other encounter. But if you can change your build in between every 1v1, then reaper is capable of successfully duelling everything except rifle deadeye and bunker druid.

Again, I don't believe that just by your word. anyone can say stuff like that. The fact is, necromancers are designed to hit multiple enemies and thats supposed to be their "strength" (actually im not even sure it is considering gaurds, wars and mesmers deal the most damage on average). Compare warrior shouts to necromancer shouts. Only necromancer shouts are weaker if they hit less stuff. War shouts are strong no mattter what, juts like gaurd shouts.

Necro's have a lot of tab-taget stuff that is easily played around in a 1v1. Think of Axe2 or Dagger2. Channel stuff like that is easily dealt with.

@NorthernRedStar.3054 said:As with other games, some enjoy tanks, some supports, some DPS more.

Should we disable 2 of those for everyone just to favor the ones who enjoy duel classes?

See, this is the sadness of the RPG industry as a whole. You have an entire range of skills and trait lines and weapons at the disposal for a class to be able to take on multiple roles yet people have been so brainwashed by the holy trinity that they cant imagine every class having the option to fulfill multiple roles. A class shouldn't have just one job. there should be multiple jobs available based on their build. You want o build as a support necro? go for it! You want to be an assassin necro? Go for it! You want to be a bunker necro? You do you! But noooooooo. Only guards can do that lol. This why people claim favoritism by the devs. There is a range of innovation shown in other classes that is not shown for necromancers.

Necromancers are the free, easy character you get during the trial period or like the type of starter character you get in the tutorial of a game. Later, you get to use the real classes that have more depth an interesting mechanics lol.

Guards are allowed to do multiple things. Necromancers can do ONE thing: do aoe damage. They tried to add some pseudo ambient support with scourge but I think that, again, this aoe nonsense is tiresome and restrictive to the class. Scourge don't go support because general aoe/ambient support is pretty useless. If you try to buff it, it becomes too strong.... Thats aoe.

@TheDevice.2751 said:Again, I don't believe that just by your word. anyone can say stuff like that.First of all: I don't care whether anyone in this forum believes what I am saying or not.

Now, to answer your question (a Spellbreaker duelling build):

Demolisher or Marauder Amulet (both can do the job)Scholar RuneSpite/SR/Reaper (313 / 312 / 213)Axe/F + GS works as well as Axe/F + D/WhEnergy Sigil on both weaponsets (mandatory)Corrupt Boon (for obvious reasons)Spectral Armor (SA+Shroud combo when he bursts and you run out of dodges)Spectral Walk (to kite Rampage - you can also fear chain Rampage with Corrupt Boon if you are skilled enough)

Bait auto stunbreak (and stability) right a the beginning of the fight with Wh4 or GS5, corrupt might and retaliation, then burst to 50% to bait auto Endure Pain, then kill him.

edit: Ah I forgot the most important and of course most obvious thing: Predict Full Counter!

Guards are allowed to do multiple things. Necromancers can do ONE thing: do aoe damage.Your burst as a Reaper hardcounters Firebrands (in every teamfight I am the one who destroys the Firebrand) and NCSY! + burst is a hardcounter to the whole Guardian defense mechanic which is blocks.

I have to ask: Which league division are you? I guess not above silver.

@KrHome.1920 said:

@TheDevice.2751 said:Again, I don't believe that just by your word. anyone can say stuff like that.First of all: I don't care whether anyone in this forum believes what I am saying or not.

Demolisher or Marauder Amulet (both can do the job)Scholar RuneSpite/SR/Reaper (313 / 312 / 213)Axe/F + GS works as well as Axe/F + D/WhEnergy Sigil on both weaponsets (mandatory)Corrupt Boon (for obvious reasons)Spectral Armor (SA+Shroud combo when he bursts and you run out of dodges)Spectral Walk (to kite Rampage - you can also fear chain Rampage with Corrupt Boon if you are skilled enough)

Bait auto stunbreak (and stability) right a the beginning of the fight with Wh4 or GS5, corrupt might and retaliation, then burst to 50% to bait auto Endure Pain, then kill him.

edit: Ah I forgot the most important and of course most obvious thing: Predict Full Counter!

Guards are allowed to do
multiple
things. Necromancers can do ONE thing: do aoe damage.Your burst as a Reaper hardcounters Firebrands (in every teamfight I am the one who destroys the Firebrand) and NCSY! + burst is a hardcounter to the whole Guardian defense mechanic which is blocks.

ok buddy. Whatever you say. All i have to do is bait out his Endure Pain and kill him lol. What, are you fighting bronze sb? lol cmon man. thats the laziest explanation. As if like it always happens that simple. First of all, wtf are you doing about his enture pain? how are you kiting that? You're not because its pretty hard to kite a war and you already kited his rampage right? And... he still has counters... aaaand yeah. What?

now what the anti-mirage build for necros? This I GOT to hear.

@TheDevice.2751 said:

The demand is from mesmers, theives, warriors, revs, engis and rangers. Thats it. Some guards, some eles but necros are just kitten on.

1v1's are popular in servers. 1v1's are popular in WvW. People want to play 1v1. There are 1v1 and team builds for every class. The team builds aren't supposed to be good in 1v1 so 1v1 is for 1v1 builds. That's fine. You don't need modes that are good for everything. Play conquest if you want to use a team build and let the 1v1ers play 1v1.

All classes have 1v1 builds. The population of the game is low and most players are at a low skill so there are a lot of people who can't use builds to their fullest or discover builds no one else has.

@TheDevice.2751 said:

What builds are these? care to add any proof. Anyone can say "Well actually there are some pretty foolproof builds for X class that counter Y class"

Again, I don't believe that just by your word. anyone can say stuff like that. The fact is, necromancers are designed to hit multiple enemies and thats supposed to be their "strength" (actually im not even sure it is considering gaurds, wars and mesmers deal the most damage on average). Compare warrior shouts to necromancer shouts. Only necromancer shouts are weaker if they hit less stuff. War shouts are strong no mattter what, juts like gaurd shouts.

Necro's have a lot of tab-taget stuff that is easily played around in a 1v1. Think of Axe2 or Dagger2. Channel stuff like that is easily dealt with.

If everyone's an all-arounder, no one feels special.

That's a dead game for you. It's that simple.

@TheDevice.2751 said:

Guards are allowed to do
multiple
things. Necromancers can do ONE thing: do aoe damage.Your burst as a Reaper hardcounters Firebrands (in every teamfight I am the one who destroys the Firebrand) and NCSY! + burst is a hardcounter to the whole Guardian defense mechanic which is blocks.

ok buddy. Whatever you say. All i have to do is bait out his Endure Pain and kill him lol. What, are you fighting bronze sb? lol cmon man. thats the laziest explanation. As if like it always happens that simple. First of all, kitten are you doing about his enture pain? how are you kiting that? You're not because its pretty hard to kite a war and you already kited his rampage right? And... he still has counters... aaaand yeah. What?

now what the anti-mirage build for necros? This I GOT to hear.

Cant read ur rank.

Archived